Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Halloween and candy corn

+3
2seaoat
PkrBum
bigdog
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Halloween and candy corn Empty Halloween and candy corn 10/31/2018, 5:41 pm

bigdog

It's halloween, and I'll bet some of you are still handing out candy corn to a generation of kids who never asked you to. They want nerds, gummies, skittles, even M & M's, but not candy corn. Candy corn is a 1950's thing. So if you bought candy corn to give out, chances are you'll have some left.

Candy corn is sugar. I happen to like it in its raw, candy corn form. But my daughter taught me a secret last week that will save a lot of candy corn from rotting on your shelves until New Years day.
Buy a bag of peanuts. Shell a peanut. You only need one of the two peanuts in the shell.
Put that peanut in your mouth. Add two pieces of candy corn.

A MIRACLE HAPPENS!!!!!!!!!!
What used to be two blah foods suddenly come together, explode your taste buds, and you get one of the tastiest candy mixes you've ever had.
I sound like I'm being silly here, and to a degree, I am. But try it.
Take the candy corn/peanut challenge. You'll be very glad you did.

2Halloween and candy corn Empty Re: Halloween and candy corn 10/31/2018, 5:54 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

I always liked candy corn. It's probably been 20+ years since i had some tho. Now kids don't like it?

3Halloween and candy corn Empty Re: Halloween and candy corn 10/31/2018, 6:05 pm

2seaoat

We have a bowl of candy corn year round.....now that you mention it, it does get stale, but heck it is still good stale.

We have not had a trick or treater for eight years. Do not expect one tonight.

4Halloween and candy corn Empty Re: Halloween and candy corn 10/31/2018, 6:31 pm

knothead

knothead

My wife went to a neighbors' house for Trick or Treat tonite leaving me Home Alone . . . . so I will hunker down in the BR and watch TV, I am still too nauseas to be good company. Happy Halloween!

5Halloween and candy corn Empty Re: Halloween and candy corn 10/31/2018, 6:55 pm

2seaoat

I am glad to hear your wife is feeling good enough to visit with neighbors.  It sounds like she is responding well from surgery.  I am so tired of nausea.  I had my first piece of pizza in two months.  I was able to get three quarters of a piece down, before the histamines and nausea started......but my wife had got some non alcoholic beer, and I chugged the beer.  I have not been able to take liquids, but the pizza beer combo was really good.  We will see Thursday how my body will process the cheese.

I am Sports heaven with baseball just ending, basketball, NFL, and college football.  Every night as messed up as I am it is a joy to watch the talent.  I wish you could apply for medical pot.  There is no reason for you to be uncomfortable because some idiot decides that some medicine is illegal.  I would stop in KY on the way to Florida, but my wife will go alone in a couple weeks.  I cannot travel beyond the house very far.  I am enjoying ESPN and some of the cool costumes......miss halloween parties.....so many good times.

6Halloween and candy corn Empty Re: Halloween and candy corn 10/31/2018, 9:46 pm

bigdog

Not a single trick or treater at our house tonight. Our neighborhood is full of people like us who have lived here for 40 or 50 years. We raised our kids and they all have their own homes now
I have some serious M & M eating to do over the next month or so.

7Halloween and candy corn Empty Re: Halloween and candy corn 11/1/2018, 12:46 am

RealLindaL

Thanks for the hint about candy corn and peanuts, bigdog. Sort of sounds like a Payday candy bar -- which I bought a bag of, along with a bag of Almond Joy, in the hope (which still springs eternal) that at least one little kid would grace our doorstep tonight sporting a costume to bring a smile. Nope. I can't recall now how many years it's been since anyone came. It's sad for us, but I guess safer for the neighborhood kids, who were probably at church- or school-sponsored Halloween parties. Dunno. We never hear.

We do happen to have two small bags of candy corn (one of the new caramel flavor variety) that I picked up from CVS in a weak moment a little while back. Haven't opened them as I realize they're pure sugar, and I really shouldn't eat them. But hmm...we also have some unsalted Virginia peanuts (the BEST ) in a can, and tomorrow maybe I'll try just those couple of pieces of the corn with the peanut. Can't hurt too, too much if I keep it to a bite, I guess.

So sorry you guys are nauseous - that's such a miserable feeling! I hope relief will soon follow for both, but somehow I can't imagine knothead's gonna try pizza and beer anytime soon. Sea, you're a braver man than most, with that combo on a nauseated stomach!!

I'll just add that I sure wish Mrs. Sea didn't have to leave you to make the trip to Florida.

8Halloween and candy corn Empty Re: Halloween and candy corn 11/1/2018, 9:01 am

zsomething

I think candy corn is kind of a "black licorice" thing: you either love it or you hate it. Luckily for me, I love both! Horehound is really the only candy that I just don't understand anybody liking...

Hope everyone's nausea gets better. Part of that's probably seasonal... even if you're in good health you start feeling pretty blah right about now. I think the nightmarish death-cough (like cough until you puke) I kept all last winter seems to be coming back, which means taking more Benadryl than I want to (my preferred dosage of anything is... none).

Other than that my main problem is I'm doing NaNoWriMo this year and I write in longhand... aaaaaand I kinda banged my right up sparring with a guy. Not bad, but enough to make already-painful-amounts-of-writing even more pain-makin'. Agh. Good thing I'm stubborn.

9Halloween and candy corn Empty Re: Halloween and candy corn 11/1/2018, 1:05 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

We birthed all of our grandchildren with a bag of candy corn in the birthing room. All the births were a family affair... with candy corn.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum