Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

We voted

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1We voted Empty We voted 10/22/2018, 4:12 pm

2seaoat

I never in the past voted for democrats.  I voted democrat in every contested race.  It felt good, but based on the folks in line......Trump voters are energized in Illinois........total idiocy by the democratic party leadership....or lack of leadership.

2We voted Empty Re: We voted 10/22/2018, 5:59 pm

Telstar

Telstar

2seaoat wrote:I never in the past voted for democrats.  I voted democrat in every contested race.  It felt good, but based on the folks in line......Trump voters are energized in Illinois........total idiocy by the democratic party leadership....or lack of leadership.

Three cheers for you. If you are right may Illinois voters enjoy the taste of rat poison on the morning after.

3We voted Empty Re: We voted 10/23/2018, 12:25 pm

2seaoat

Republicans are pouring out in Illinois early voting. If the democrats could have simply made the confirmation hearing case history oriented, they could have built a narrative of the middle class being hurt. Instead I have to see video over and over as Corey Booker has his Spartacus moment. Democrats simply can only win when the Republicans have totally raped the economy and it crashes.

4We voted Empty Re: We voted 10/23/2018, 9:47 pm

bigdog

All you are doing is reinforcing my opinion that there are as many racists in Illinois as there are in Alabama.
I'm not surprised.
Nobody ever said Trump voters weren't going to show up. Only that they weren't going to Win.  Democrats have won the popular vote for president in every election but one since 1992.

That pretty much squashes your contention about Democrats only winning when the economy is terrible. Also, if you're still looking at videos of Corey Booker's Spartacus moment, you need to move ahead in time. That was a long time ago in political terms. The rest of us are talking about a president who values defense contracts more than the lives of American journalists.

5We voted Empty Re: We voted 10/23/2018, 10:43 pm

bigdog

Here's a fact from Florida. As of 4 PM today, more Democrats have voted in person early than Republicans.
More Republicans have turned in Mail Ballots than Democrats, but only about half of the ballots mailed out have been returned so far. Over 2 million ballots were sent out in the mail.

Just to cut through some of the BS, I thought some facts might be interesting.

6We voted Empty Re: We voted 10/24/2018, 6:46 am

If you're "cutting through bs" why do you call him an "American" journalist?

7We voted Empty Re: We voted 10/24/2018, 8:29 am

Telstar

Telstar

bigdog wrote:Here's a fact from Florida. As of 4 PM today, more Democrats have voted in person early than Republicans.
More Republicans have turned in Mail Ballots than Democrats, but only about half of the ballots mailed out have been returned so far. Over 2 million ballots were sent out in the mail.

Just to cut through some of the BS, I thought some facts might be interesting.

We voted 58336e19

8We voted Empty Re: We voted 10/24/2018, 9:05 pm

bigdog

PkrBum wrote:If you're "cutting through bs" why do you call him an "American" journalist?

Because the Washington Post is an American Newspaper and that's where he works. He is a resident of this country.
He may not be a citizen, I don't know and don't care. He lives here legally and should have the protection of our government.

9We voted Empty Re: We voted 10/24/2018, 9:10 pm

2seaoat

When American newspapers have their journalist murdered by a foreign nation, there was a time when people did not have a hotel deal pending who would have crushed that nation with sanctions.

10We voted Empty Re: We voted 10/24/2018, 9:14 pm

bigdog

That's true. We all know Trump hates the Post too. I suspect he really doesn't care about the guy's death.
And then, there are all those investments, like you said.

11We voted Empty Re: We voted 10/25/2018, 1:47 am

RealLindaL

Trump's entire attitude toward this killing --- and yes, his protection of his own financial interests -- is nothing short of appalling. The only thing more appalling is that his adoring "base" obviously couldn't care less.

12We voted Empty Re: We voted 10/25/2018, 7:48 pm

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

bigdog wrote:
PkrBum wrote:If you're "cutting through bs" why do you call him an "American" journalist?

Because the Washington Post is an American Newspaper and that's where he works. He is a resident of this country.
He may not be a citizen, I don't know and don't care. He lives here legally and should have the protection of our government.

He was likely here on what's known as a nonimmigrant visa … a "work" visa if you will. Probably what's called an "I" visa.   He may not have been spending all that much time actually in-country here.

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-niv-typei.asp

A "resident" in terms of immigration generally refers to someone who has been granted permanent residence ("Lawfully Admitted Permanent Resident" is how it's described in immigration law or LAPR for short.)  In Canada they call that particular status a "Landed Immigrant"  

Somebody here on a work visa is not all that much different from somebody here on a student visa.  They remain a citizen of whatever country they are from (other or whatever country may have granted them citizenship or residency) and have no particular rights to protection from the US government when outside of this country ... nor should they!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum