Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"The Cruelty is the Point."

+4
gatorfan
Deus X
2seaoat
zsomething
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26"The Cruelty is the Point." - Page 2 Empty Re: "The Cruelty is the Point." 10/4/2018, 8:09 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

2seaoat wrote:“We all remember that Atticus Finch was a lawyer who did not believe that a mere accusation was synonymous with guilt,” Cornyn said. “We could learn from Atticus Finch now, during this time when there has been such a vicious and unrelenting attack on the integrity and good name of this nominee.”

Thank you for making the proper connection.  This is the essence of American character and due process cannot be discarded because the mob failed at the polls to advance their agenda.  This is no less evil than what happen to that man in a courtroom.........you are either a protector of equal protection, or you are not.......and do not let the lemming in front of you make that decision for you.

This would have gone down much differently had the culture of our society not been so patriarchal in nature. All this baggage, while in the process of being corrected by the sexual revolution of the 70's and the current #metoo movement is still the water we swim in and can't be discounted.

I see that retired Supreme Court Justice (Republican) Stevens has stated that Kavanaugh's performance at his hearing should be enough to disqualify him.

By Robert Barnes October 4 at 6:42 PM
Retired Justice John Paul Stevens said Thursday that he no longer believes Judge Brett M. Kavanaugh should be confirmed to the Supreme Court, citing Kavanaugh’s heated performance during a Senate hearing last week.

Stevens, 98, made the comments in Boca Raton, Fla., before a group of retirees, according to the Palm Beach Post and the journalist who interviewed Stevens at the event.

Stevens, who served on the Supreme Court from 1975 to 2010, told the audience that he had praised one of Kavanaugh’s rulings on campaign finance in a book that Stevens wrote in 2014.

“At that time, I thought [Kavanaugh] had the qualifications for the Supreme Court should he be selected,” Stevens said, according to the Palm Beach Post. “I’ve changed my views for reasons that have no relationship to his intellectual ability. . . . I feel his performance in the hearings ultimately changed my mind.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/courts_law/retired-justice-stevens-calls-kavanaughs-hearing-performance-disqualifying/2018/10/04/70c4a36e-c81a-11e8-b2b5-79270f9cce17_story.html?utm_term=.b2923817d18d

27"The Cruelty is the Point." - Page 2 Empty Re: "The Cruelty is the Point." 10/4/2018, 8:14 pm

Telstar

Telstar

othershoe1030 wrote:
2seaoat wrote:“We all remember that Atticus Finch was a lawyer who did not believe that a mere accusation was synonymous with guilt,” Cornyn said. “We could learn from Atticus Finch now, during this time when there has been such a vicious and unrelenting attack on the integrity and good name of this nominee.”

Thank you for making the proper connection.  This is the essence of American character and due process cannot be discarded because the mob failed at the polls to advance their agenda.  This is no less evil than what happen to that man in a courtroom.........you are either a protector of equal protection, or you are not.......and do not let the lemming in front of you make that decision for you.

This would have gone down much differently had the culture of our society not been so patriarchal in nature. All this baggage, while in the process of being corrected by the sexual revolution of the 70's and the current #metoo movement is still the water we swim in and can't be discounted.

I see that retired Supreme Court Justice (Republican) Stevens has stated that Kavanaugh's performance at his hearing should be enough to disqualify him.

By Robert Barnes October 4 at 6:42 PM
Retired Justice John Paul Stevens said Thursday that he no longer believes Judge Brett M. Kavanaugh should be confirmed to the Supreme Court, citing Kavanaugh’s heated performance during a Senate hearing last week.

Stevens, 98, made the comments in Boca Raton, Fla., before a group of retirees, according to the Palm Beach Post and the journalist who interviewed Stevens at the event.

Stevens, who served on the Supreme Court from 1975 to 2010, told the audience that he had praised one of Kavanaugh’s rulings on campaign finance in a book that Stevens wrote in 2014.

“At that time, I thought [Kavanaugh] had the qualifications for the Supreme Court should he be selected,” Stevens said, according to the Palm Beach Post. “I’ve changed my views for reasons that have no relationship to his intellectual ability. . . . I feel his performance in the hearings ultimately changed my mind.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/courts_law/retired-justice-stevens-calls-kavanaughs-hearing-performance-disqualifying/2018/10/04/70c4a36e-c81a-11e8-b2b5-79270f9cce17_story.html?utm_term=.b2923817d18d

Dogs and skunks behave better than he did

28"The Cruelty is the Point." - Page 2 Empty Re: "The Cruelty is the Point." 10/5/2018, 8:39 am

zsomething

2seaoat wrote:

I was talking about the ABA President's opinion countering the ABA standing committee.  In regard to a judicial rating from 12 years ago.  Not relevant to his current ratings.  He may have in fact deserved those ratings in 2006, and he most certainly deserves the ratings he has received from the standing committee.

Blah blah blah. You said, and I don't only quote, I cut-and-paste:

He was NEVER downgraded by the committee which makes the ratings.

You didn't say shit about the ABA President, you said "the committee." And he was downgraded by the committee. I proved it.

So, just say, "Okay, I was wrong." Because that's what ya were.

29"The Cruelty is the Point." - Page 2 Empty Re: "The Cruelty is the Point." 10/5/2018, 9:14 am

2seaoat

So, just say, "Okay, I was wrong." Because that's what ya were

I thought the reference was the current ABA President making statements, not the committee. Why would I be concerned with his judicial ratings in 2006 before he had a chance to prove himself on the appellate bench. He was not downgraded.....that was his rating 12 years ago when the same would be relevant, but the hysteria on TV tried to convince us he has been downgraded since the hearing because of the ABA president, not the ratings committee of the ABA. His ratings based on his actual judicial work are off the chart positive, and if you read his cases.......he is brilliant. I could see it now.....the brilliance of Hemmingway discarded because he had drank alcohol. downgraded.....he was NEVER downgraded, but got ratings which were based at that time.......on his perceived performance.

30"The Cruelty is the Point." - Page 2 Empty Re: "The Cruelty is the Point." 10/5/2018, 9:52 am

zsomething

2seaoat wrote:

I thought the reference was the current ABA President making statements, not the committee.

Oh, I'm sorry, I was given the impression that that wasn't what you thought, because that's not even close to what you said.

It's okay, I won't keep trying to make you admit you were wrong. That can just be... unspoken. Wink

By the way, I don't think Hemingway ever lied about his drinking. You still don't seem to get that that's the issue with Kavanaugh, not the drinking itself. But, okay, I know you're gonna stick to it 'cuz at this point you kinda gotta. Pride's got those sharp edges.

31"The Cruelty is the Point." - Page 2 Empty Re: "The Cruelty is the Point." 10/5/2018, 9:52 am

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

They don't call it the American BAR Association, fer nuthin' !!! Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum