Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ending the Korean War.....if it gets done......historic.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/pompeo-floats-prospect-of-officially-ending-korean-war-as-trump-kim-summit-looms/ar-BBNFGya?li=BBnb7Kz

If this hot spot can be defused, millions of innocent civilians will be released from the grips of death as they have been living on a ticking time bomb. I hate everything about Trump, but sometimes like Peter Sellers playing Chauncey, you do not have to be particularly intelligent to make a difference.

bigdog

I don't think you can give someone credit for being so Bat Shit Crazy that people on both sides of the DMZ are scared to death of him. They may make peace, but diplomacy from Washington sure has nothing to do with it.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

When contemplating the question of North Korea .... it always occurs to me that China is the elephants in the room few want to acknowledge.

China is pretty much happy with North Korea just as it is.  If they weren't, it wouldn't be the way it is.

IMO, no change of any significance will happen in North Korea without China's blessing ...and Russia will be watching any developments there more closely than one might think. Russia borders North Korea as well, and if you look at a map you'll see Vladivostok, home to Russia's Pacific Fleet, is just a short hop up the coast from North Korea.

2seaoat

China gave clear and measured responses to American troops on their southern border. We ignored it, and they drove us back to the current DMZ. You do understand we had our fleet between mainland china and Taiwan, and we were supporting the folks who wanted to invade mainland china and defeat the communist Mao.

There is no reason for us to be there. None. However, nobody has broken down that we are mostly at fault for Korea. Russia and China will work for peace when we get the hell out of Korea. If it was so hard to resolve, why did it take a sixth grader to start the process of peace? Twisted Evil

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:when we get the hell out of Korea.

"Getting the hell out of Korea" would be the most idiotic, anti-strategic military move in the history of the world. Un-blanking-believable you are advocating for this.

RealLindaL

Correction: Not unbelievable at all. I did call it idiotic, didn't I?

If the shoe fits....

2seaoat

"Getting the hell out of Korea" would be the most idiotic, anti-strategic military move in the history of the world. Un-blanking-believable you are advocating for this.

Almost as crazy as a unified Viet Nam......the horror of the thought that we lose fifty thousand people in a colonial war, and McCain and Kerry healed the wounds of millions of senseless death. Yes, I am an idiot who has been a disciple of George Kennan and defining critical zones of American influence. Japan welcomes our bases because we have not at this date put their citizens directly in line for a bloodbath. I know you are a militarist and love the Blue angels and the military parades which fill some patriotic need you have.....people die with american militarism. South Korea is leading the way to resolve this unfinished colonial war which pinned the legitimacy of the war on defeating the monolithic communist threat. I advocated the same in 1973, while the Viet Nam war was being wound down.......the truth of two million vietnamese civilians dying in a senseless colonial war causes rational folks to find a different paradigm..........but I get it.....you want the blue angels to be an effective recruiting tool, and you want to keep forty thousand American kids in a utterly stupid position where their dependents become hostages of North Korea when American Hubris once again ignores the warnings of Stillwell, and the South Koreans finally realize.....we do not give a rat's tail about their well being, rather MIC has a cash register.

RealLindaL

You think you can bait me with your pure BULLSHIT but guess what?? You no longer can. Goodnight and sleep tight, knowing your armed services are out there watching out for you.

2seaoat

You think you can bait me with your pure BULLSHIT but guess what?? You no longer can. Goodnight and sleep tight, knowing your armed services are out there watching out for you.

They were watching out for me as 2 million civilians died in Viet Nam in a colonial war, millions in the middle east, and potentially millions in the Korea where there is NO critical American interest can be distinguished from our presence in Japan where there is no civil war. It is time to end the civil war and redeploy and reduce American military bases to reflect the modern world, and let the korean people to stop the suffering from almost a seventy year war.

Rational deployment and actual defense strategies do not require 11 plus carrier groups exporting American colonialism. Sorry, I actually think there can be a rational defense policy which does not require exporting American power to harm civilians who are involved in civil wars......to qualify American power must start with trimming back, which must start with Korea.

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote: American power must start with trimming back, which must start with Korea.

Korea is a strategic necessity for U.S. defense and is one of the LAST places we should withdraw from. Someone's ignorance is showing, so it's no surprise that dummy Drumpf agrees, having battled his best advisors over his desire to pull out of the South Korean trade agreement and then move our strategic missile defense system out of there as well. Pure insanity.

Vietnam is ancient history. This is today - try to keep up.

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:I know you are a militarist and love the Blue angels and the military parades which fill some patriotic need you have....

Seaoat edges closer and closer in character to the professional liar, Trump. The only true phrase in the entire statement above is that I love the Blue Angels. Period. The rest is pure hogwash manufactured in his own arrogant, know-it-all brain -- even more similar to Trump.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum