Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Drone photos and video are incredible

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

We were very pleased with the pricing and quality of the photos. I had wanted to learn to fly a drone, and do this myself, but after reading the literature and having a river underneath the drone, a more experienced pilot did a great job.

You can see that I am in the middle of farm country, and these folks are getting really hurt with the tariffs. This is not a game. However, the environment is getting much cleaner as the river quality keeps improving thanks to the clean water act, and the frogs are coming back to the islands. Forty years ago the islands were known for the chorus of Bull Frogs, but over the last forty years the quality of the environment really hurt frogs. This is simply paradise, and I am thankful for every moment I get to ride the John Deere out to the far island, turn it off and just take in the silence, but for the frogs. I will try to post the video when I get it from the pilot, but he did email a few JPG photos.

Drone photos and video are incredible Dji_0010

2seaoat

Note the boat coming up the river on this shot. We own the little island on the far side of the river toward the fields and behind the boat, but have never done anything with it because of the force of the ice jams simply destroys everything on that island and piles up a huge amount of debris. Each of the islands are just under a mile long which makes it a full time job to cut the grass and about four hundred yards south of the boat is where the ferry used to be when the area was settled. The river is low in these photos, but imagine three feet of water over the islands during floods. The original settlers built coffer dams and had water powered mills.

Drone photos and video are incredible Dji_0011

RealLindaL

Absolutely gorgeous.

2seaoat

I am going to contract with a drone pilot to create a video on our project in Santa Rosa County. The perspective is quite unique. It is just a matter of getting a person who is reasonable in their pricing. These folks did this for two hundred bucks and when I went to their website, folks who are selling property are using drones on the property listing page. We sold our property on Navarre Beach very quickly, but I would have loved to have done a drone video of the beach and our property. We are living in an amazing world.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Seaoat those islands are majestic. Can't wait to see the video

knothead

knothead

Amazing perspective Mr. Oats, beautiful and natural the way nature intended but it's a beautiful spot and probably some great fishing as well!

2seaoat

If I had not screwed up financially on the great recession, we would probably be gifting them over to the county, township, or state for a public park. I just lost most of our liquid assets, and I want to make sure that I do not handcuff my wife from the grave as she may have to sell the islands at some time in the future. I am thinking of deeding the property over for a park, but leaving a remainder interest of a life estate in the four grandkids. When they pass away their interest will be extinguished, but the public will have access to the four miles of shoreline and three miles of road. I sometimes think that the only reason the big guy is keeping me alive is to preserve this gift from the big guy.

I did enjoy taking the grandsons to see some straw sculptures this morning
Drone photos and video are incredible 20180813

2seaoat

Drone photos and video are incredible 20180815

PkrBum

PkrBum

Those are really cool. Love the drone pics too. Beautiful place.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

The grandsons are precious .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum