Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

So Trump supporters think stupid tariffs do not have long term impact

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

The American Farmer has been sacrificed at the pillar of stupid.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/in-canadas-grocery-carts-a-boycott-usa-movement-starts-rolling-%e2%80%8b/ar-BBLu0TJ

2seaoat

I am completely convinced that Trump is terminally stupid. He is constantly campaigning not for the next office, but for adoration. The implementation of 25% tariffs was a drastic over reaction to trade modification which was more about that need for adoration which required a bold yet incredibly stupid move. I mean in the absence of his quest for adoration, a five percent tariff increase would not have caused a stir, and probably was a more accurate level of adjustment which has been happening for 100 years as trade negotiations are more scientific than pick a large number to impress your moonies.

zsomething

Yep, Trump is remarkably stupid. It's unforced-error after unforced-error. This weekend he pretty much admitted to collusion and threw his own son under the bus, tweeting a bunch of junk while he should've just kept his mouth shut.

Trump's problem is he's never done anything that affected anyone else enough to put him under scrutiny. Nobody really cared if he lied about his own financial "empire" (which looks pretty cardboard), and it didn't matter if he surrounded himself with yes-men when all that was at stake was his own stuff. Now that he's playing with all of our money, though, he's got to be accountable, and that's throwing him into a fit. He doesn't like being questioned or disagreed with, but since he's wrong, being disagreed with is going to happen, and his lying isn't going to go unquestioned.

Because he's been in this position where he's always been surrounded by sycophants, he's gotten an unrealistic view of his own powers of persuasion. He thinks he can just lie and lie and lie and that'll make things work out, because that's what worked when he was safely surrounded by yes-men who didn't care if he failed or not. Totally different situation now, and he's reacting to it like a spoiled toddler who thinks he's above the rules, and is convinced he can "charm" his way out of anything.

It's amazing that he has any followers left at all.

RealLindaL

zsomething wrote:Yep, Trump is remarkably stupid.  It's unforced-error after unforced-error.  

Thoroughly agree on all counts. My husband and I both remain utterly flabbergasted -- at a total loss, day after day -- to understand how ANYONE can support this direly dangerous doofus of a president. ANYONE!!

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

zsomething wrote:Yep, Trump is remarkably stupid.  It's unforced-error after unforced-error.    This weekend he pretty much admitted to collusion and threw his own son under the bus, tweeting a bunch of junk while he should've just kept his mouth shut.

Trump's problem is he's never done anything that affected anyone else enough to put him under scrutiny.  Nobody really cared if he lied about his own financial "empire" (which looks pretty cardboard), and it didn't matter if he surrounded himself with yes-men when all that was at stake was his own stuff.  Now that he's playing with all of our money, though, he's got to be accountable, and that's throwing him into a fit.   He doesn't like being questioned or disagreed with, but since he's wrong, being disagreed with is going to happen, and his lying isn't going to go unquestioned.

Because he's been in this position where he's always been surrounded by sycophants, he's gotten an unrealistic view of his own powers of persuasion.  He thinks he can just lie and lie and lie and that'll make things work out, because that's what worked when he was safely surrounded by yes-men who didn't care if he failed or not.   Totally different situation now, and he's reacting to it like a spoiled toddler who thinks he's above the rules, and is convinced he can "charm" his way out of anything.

He's left plenty of casualties in his wake...architects, caterers, construction workers, etc. This is a guy who tried to stiff Frank Sinatra...and who, BTW, didn't want Sammy Davis, Jr. to perform at his little soiree. His followers are brainwashed...can't stand libruls...want to see their heads explode...actually believe he's on their side, despite every indication to the contrary.

zsomething

RealLindaL wrote:
zsomething wrote:Yep, Trump is remarkably stupid.  It's unforced-error after unforced-error.  

Thoroughly agree on all counts.   My husband and I both remain utterly flabbergasted -- at a total loss, day after day -- to understand how ANYONE can support this direly dangerous doofus of a president.  ANYONE!!

They're a full-blown cult at this point.  They're not seeing reality.

A lot of it is just reactionary lunacy, because they hate "the left."   I can get some of that -- there are far-lefties who are as annoying as the right -- but much of it is stirred up by FOX News until people are willing to embrace idiotic things just to "piss off the libs."

I mean, check out these two beauties:

So Trump supporters think stupid tariffs do not have long term impact MAGA_morons

They're so far gone that they're siding with an enemy power, against their own country, just to "piss off the libs." And they're proud enough of that stupidity to put it on a tee-shirt.

I mean, that's just crazy levels of dumb.

I hate most conservatives (for very good reasons -- they've wrecked my state and now they're wrecking the rest of the country), but that's never driven me to start liking Michael Moore or whoever. The enemy of my enemy's not necessarily my friend.

But Trump cultists... they're just gone. Way down the rabbit-hole. They won't reject anything he does, because that'd be "giving points" to the Dems they hate.

Hell, you can see it here... even people who claim they hate Trump can't join in on slamming the evil stuff he does because they want to try to pretend that Obama or Hillary were just as bad. Which is ludicrous on the face of it. Even George W. Bush looked reasonable compared to this Trump mess.

2seaoat

In Rural Illinois Trump had remained popular despite how inept he had proven himself to be. However, these farm tariffs have farmers agonizing that they have unleashed the evil genie who is going to destroy their lifestyles. Farmers have had a great twenty years as free trade and the incredible productivity of the American farmer had led to prosperity. They however did not like the intellectual cultural divide. I have reported how 15 years ago in our rural cheers type of bar in a small town, folks would play classic rock and pop on the music system. Local rock bands would play at their thanksgiving party. Now the music is almost exclusively country and the band which plays at thanksgiving is a country band. People who used to go to rock concerts are fricking square dancing.

I believe it was a cultural war until it hit the American Farmer in the pocketbook. It was the rural good old boy network versus city slickers who had corrupted their culture. Now it is stupid versus intelligent policies, and when it hits the farmer's pocketbook Trump is doomed. They realize the agricultural displacement will not be short term, and now that Trump has rolled over like the soft little puppy he is and exposed his belly, American agriculture will have a permanent target on their back because of stupid.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum