Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My White Sox and Bulls have incompetent greedy management

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

I was in third grade when the White Sox played the Dodgers in the 1959 world series. I knew every player, and I collected baseball cards. I was not an avid Bull fan until Jordan arrived, and then I saw the most amazing basketball.

Gar Foreman and former Bulls guard John Paxson have ran the bulls into the ground. The Bulls have one of the lowest payrolls in the NBA and they have some of the highest attendance and tv coverage. They are raking in the money calling their incompetence a rebuild. Riensdorf is notoriously loyal to former players who he NEVER screws, but allows them to be utterly incompetent. I used to think this was because of his age as he is now in his mid eighties, but they are making a tidy profit from their incompetence.

Kenny Williams the general manager for the sox brought them a World Series in 2005 and proceeded in record speed to trade that team away and punish sox fans with 13 years of hell. Their rebuild features all these young players going now for the third year of rebuild having given away the best pitcher in baseball Chris Sales to not have one of these traded studs batting over 270. There is not one starting player who is in the top 75 batting average in baseball. How much failure can I endure. I want to go to a game in September because I am getting stronger, but to what end........to watch mediocrity.......I am piszed and I want Williams, Paxson, and foreman.....GONE.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

"Your" White Sox and Bulls?  

You are aware, are you not, these professional sports teams are just corporate entertainment entities?   They no more belong to any particular city/region (or fan) than Exxon or Microsoft.   They'd leave for elsewhere in a heartbeat if it suited their bottom line. If they did ... would they still be "your" White Sox and Bulls?

How's the local high school team doing?

2seaoat

They no more belong to any particular city/region (or fan)

Tell that to a Chicago fan......can I have some weak sauce put on my wimp burger. The Irish in Chicago will tell you about their Bears, bulls, Hawks and their Ireland.......

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

2seaoat wrote:They no more belong to any particular city/region (or fan)

Tell that to a Chicago fan......can I have some weak sauce put on my wimp burger.  The Irish in Chicago will tell you about their Bears, bulls, Hawks and their Ireland.......

Oh, I see now. So it's kind of the same thing as some folks from the South what with their Confederate flags & monuments and such?

2seaoat

Oh, I see now. So it's kind of the same thing as some folks from the South what with their Confederate flags & monuments and such?

A group of terrorist attack the United States which results in 500k people butchered because hateful bigoted people think that black people belong in chains as property. The funny thing is my Uncle in Birmingham once told me on the golf course that it is a shame they have cotton picking machines now because they are very inefficient. My uncle was born in Jim Crow and believed blacks were inferior, but the funny thing with all kinds of relatives who fought in the Civil War, not once did I see the confederate flag in any of my Alabama relatives homes. You only saw the same after the civil rights movement.

No my grandmother in 1914 went to her first Auburn game with her dad as they lived in Opelika, and her son my uncle would tailgate at every Auburn game and would travel with the team on away games......still thought blacks were inferior, but he celebrated with white and black folks the success of his Auburn teams. You see in Chicago sports bring people who would otherwise not spend much time together, into the cult of celebration of Chicago sports teams. However, to celebrate a racist/fascist symbol outside a museum only means one thing.......hate. My uncle never had that hate, just misguided ideas which were fed to him in a Jim Crow hateful and twisted society. However, your comparison tells me a great deal.

2seaoat

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nhl/steve-rosenbloom-blackhawks-legend-stan-mikita-was-a-lesson-in-greatness/ar-BBLDdCe?li=BBnbfcL

As a 14 year old kid, we would gather on the river in the winter and shovel the ice and create high snow banks, and we would put 55 gallon drums for goals and pretend we were bobbie Hull and stan Mikita.......I remember hitting a mighty slap shot from the midline where I flipped into the air and came crashing down as the puck hit the barrel, but the river starting going nuts with all the ice shifting and these large loud cracks which almost sounded like gunshots......everybody ran for shore and the game was over, but before I hit the ice I had yelled.......Stan Mikita. A simple time.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

2seaoat wrote:Oh, I see now. So it's kind of the same thing as some folks from the South what with their Confederate flags & monuments and such?

A group of terrorist attack the United States which results in 500k people butchered because hateful bigoted people think that black people belong in chains as property.  The funny thing is my Uncle in Birmingham once told me on the golf course that it is a shame they have cotton picking machines now because they are very inefficient.  My uncle was born in Jim Crow and believed blacks were inferior, but the funny thing with all kinds of relatives who fought in the Civil War, not once did I see the confederate flag in any of my Alabama relatives homes.  You only saw the same after the civil rights movement.

No my grandmother in 1914 went to her first Auburn game with her dad as they lived in Opelika, and  her son my uncle would tailgate at every Auburn game and would travel with the team on away games......still thought blacks were inferior, but he celebrated with white and black folks the success of his Auburn teams.  You see in Chicago sports bring people who would otherwise not spend much time together, into the cult of celebration of Chicago sports teams.  However, to celebrate a racist/fascist symbol outside a museum only means one thing.......hate.   My uncle never had that hate, just misguided ideas which were fed to him in a Jim Crow hateful and twisted society.  However, your comparison tells me a great deal.

Is there an emoji for .... Yaaaaawn! ?

2seaoat

Is there an emoji for .... Yaaaaawn! ?

Yes, it is called the confederate flag......

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum