Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

CNN SUCKS!

+5
EmeraldGhost
2seaoat
zsomething
Floridatexan
othershoe1030
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1CNN SUCKS! Empty CNN SUCKS! 8/1/2018, 9:16 am

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Eric Trump twitted a video clip of the dimwitted crowd chanting "CNN SUCKS!" yesterday at his daddy's ego rally. Trump senior re-tweeted it. Please realize and appreciate to some degree of shame and disgust that the president's tweets are archived in the official record of his "administration".The person who tweeted this asked: What is this? Germany 1933?

2CNN SUCKS! Empty Re: CNN SUCKS! 8/1/2018, 9:28 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Wow, Othershoe, we must have posted at the same time!

3CNN SUCKS! Empty Re: CNN SUCKS! 8/1/2018, 9:58 am

zsomething

When you're part of an administration whose main enemy is the truth, any news outlet that actually reports news "sucks." Propaganda and getting people to believe crazy conspiracy theories is the only life-support system this failed presidency has. It's no wonder they hate the media.

Right-wingers always like to claim the media is "biased" against them, but the fact is, conservatives suck at pretty much every damn thing they do. If it's reported upon accurately, it's going to be unflattering. And I don't get that from "the media," I get it from objectively watching what they do. Like I keep saying, look at the results the South gets from electing these spazzes over and over and over again. If they really knew how to govern, we'd be leading the rest of the country, not lagging behind it. We elect the most conservatives, and we get the worst results. You don't have to be Fellini to figure that one out, and it's not the media's fault if you do. Some things are just pragmatic.

Meanwhile, the same righties that sneer at all the rest of the media cling like grim death to FOX News, which is so obviously propaganda it's silly already. Everything is like church to these folks -- decide what they want to believe, then set up feeding-stations to keep reassuring them they made the right choice, no matter what the actual evidence shows them.

4CNN SUCKS! Empty Re: CNN SUCKS! 8/1/2018, 6:22 pm

2seaoat

This is the typical fascist/nazi propaganda route. First, as a general rule, you attack the intelligensia, or anything intellectual. Next, they must eliminate the free press and replace it with their media outlets. The Germans produced massive personal family radios so each German family was tuned in, and people were told to report people who were not listening to state radio. Fox News has been a political arm for this racist movement for twenty years. I quit my subscription for Fox and MSNBC because I find both networks propaganda outlets, and I only watch CNN. For that network to be attacked is simply showing the desperation by Trump as his life of lies is being debunked daily. A year ago they beat around the bush on Trump propaganda, now everybody on CNN is calling Trump a liar. The American people have seen trump lie, and the mob actions at these rallies are classic fascist/nazi mass hysteria which spreads like a disease on rational thinking. Trump is an autocratic fascist who is controlled by another foreign autocratic fascist......what could go wrong. The key is for good people to stand up and object. I am going to make my Representative in the House pay the price for supporting this fascist and while claiming he disagrees with Trump.....fails with every appearance to say the same thing to Trump in front of the cameras, what he says at his town meetings........People have to take the house back from the fascist.

5CNN SUCKS! Empty Re: CNN SUCKS! 8/1/2018, 6:43 pm

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

The way I see it ... FoxNews is an arm of the Republican Party, CNN is an arm of the moderate wing of the Democrat Party, and MSNBC is an arm of the farther-left wing of the Democrat Party. The traditional network news agencies (ABC, NBC, CBS) are mostly irrelevant.

6CNN SUCKS! Empty Re: CNN SUCKS! 8/1/2018, 8:44 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

I like both CNN and MSNBC mainly because they cover the Russian hacking/propaganda scheme in depth. After reading David Corn's book, Russian Roulette, Red Notice by Bill Browder and now Malcolm Nance's book about the Russian KGB/GRU activities I am beginning to connect the dots.

I like to check in with BBC and the Guardian Newspaper and also the PBS News Hour is a no-nonsense source. There are other good print or on line news sources too and I am reading posts on Twitter, which I find very interesting.

It is the old Trust but Verify thing. I spoke to a Fox News fan today and he's still talking about Uranium 1. I do also look in at Fox especially in times of big stuff hitting the fan just to see if they are reporting the latest Trump disaster. Sometimes they are but there's always that car chase or found puppy to cover.

7CNN SUCKS! Empty Re: CNN SUCKS! 8/1/2018, 9:22 pm

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

othershoe1030 wrote:

I like to check in with BBC and the Guardian Newspaper and also the PBS News Hour is a no-nonsense source.

Didn't think to mention those in my last post.   I like to check up on foreign news & analysis sources on current topics/controversies also.... though I'm not quite as familiar with the biases or leanings various ones may or may not have? I do check up on BBC quite a bit.

(excepting RT .... which I have found to be fairly boring, lame, and shallow, so I don't really go there.   Al-Jazeera can have some interesting stuff sometimes though.)

PBS is another go-to or me from time to time as well.

We haven't had cable or satellite TV for a couple of years now ... and have foregone it on and off for many years.   I get my news primarily off the internet and all of our entertainment movies/tv are streaming.  And pretty much only watch the Mobile weather channel on over-the-air TV.

I think it might be an interesting experiment for a few weeks or a month or so to read/watch only non-US based news/opinion outlets?

8CNN SUCKS! Empty Re: CNN SUCKS! 8/2/2018, 10:09 am

zsomething

EmeraldGhost wrote:The way I see it ... FoxNews is an arm of the Republican Party, CNN is an arm of the moderate wing of the Democrat Party, and MSNBC is an arm of the farther-left wing of the Democrat Party.   The traditional network news agencies (ABC, NBC, CBS) are mostly irrelevant.

I agree on FOX (it's not even news, it's just flat-out propaganda), and I agree on MSNBC (it's still news because they stick to facts, although they're definitely focused on an outcome), but CNN really isn't Democrat or Republican. Most harder-core lefties I know think it's a Republican outlet, while Republicans all think it's the "Clintoon News Network" (or whatever passes for clever among the uncreative lil' dipshits). Usually when both sides think something's against them, I've found my source. I'll watch MSNBC sometimes just for fun, while being aware that I'd get in a "bubble" if I relied on it overmuch, but mostly I stick with CNN. Right now CNN seems more Democrat-tilted, but that's because, honestly, there's not much good any logical sane person can say about the Trump administration. The economy isn't off the rails -- at least, not yet -- but pretty much everything else is a shambles. We've got a president who believes any lie the enemy tells him because he needs everybody to "like" him, and he's crooked as a dog's hind leg... and that's pretty much all anyone can truthfully say about him. It's not "bias," it's just that he honestly and truthfully is incompetent, and dangerously so.

I also check out PBS and BBC and a lot of online sources a good bit. The Republicans would also claim those are "biased," too, because that's what they claim about anything that doesn't just say favorable things about them. I mean, it's hard to give much credence to any group of people who think evolution is a fake plot to discredit 'em. If somebody thinks the entire world is set up against them, it's usually a good sign that they're wrong.

9CNN SUCKS! Empty Re: CNN SUCKS! 8/2/2018, 12:30 pm

polecat

polecat

CNN SUCKS! Giulia10

Cop: sir, I pulled you over because you have a burned-out taillight
Rudy Giuliani: THAT HOOKER IN MY TRUNK WAS ALREADY DEAD WHEN TRUMP FOUND HER- Jeff Tiedrich

10CNN SUCKS! Empty Re: CNN SUCKS! 8/2/2018, 12:34 pm

2seaoat

THAT HOOKER IN MY TRUNK WAS ALREADY DEAD WHEN TRUMP FOUND HER- cheers cheers cheers cheers

11CNN SUCKS! Empty Re: CNN SUCKS! 8/2/2018, 12:56 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Dan Rather on FB:

We cannot allow ourselves to shrug off President Trump's attacks on the press. Ever. They are undemocratic and are at the point of inviting, even inciting, violence. To say this again, now, is to repeat something I and others have said many times before. But it bears repeating. It demands repeating.

Last night, there was Trump again on attack mode, whipping up the crowd into a frenzy. He will explain it away, as he always does. But we must be clear. Reveling in the raucous chorus of democracy is one thing. That is not what this is. This is about undermining accountability and deflecting from honest and fair questions. It is about preparing his base to deny truth and the justice that it may inevitably bring.

Facing the taunts and harassment, yet again, was CNN's Jim Acosta. To watch the video makes me sick. I can feel the hairs on the back of my neck rise in fury. I have known Jim for many years and worked with him. He is a pro who knows a reporter's job is to ask probing questions and be persistent in doing so. He and many others in the White House press corps are doing hard work in difficult trench warfare.

For many reasons, none of them fair, Acosta has come to symbolize the idea of "the enemy of the people" to many Trump supporters. He is on point, out front and the reporter the powerful hate most and have him in their bull’s eye. He's in the most danger, professionally and personally—and perhaps even physically. Unwavering support from CNN’s corporate ownership is essential, but so is support from his colleagues, his competitors, and the public at large. Journalism is an inexact science. There is no perfection. But Jim does it better than most.

Meanwhile, his critics will look for any slip up, real or imagined, to pounce. He’s in a cage with big, dangerous cats. He has to be alert and careful to survive.

But I will tell you one thing. If violence ever comes to the press in this environment, President Trump will be personally accountable.

12CNN SUCKS! Empty Re: CNN SUCKS! 8/2/2018, 6:03 pm

RealLindaL

Floridatexan wrote:
Dan Rather on FB:

We cannot allow ourselves to shrug off President Trump's attacks on the press. Ever. They are undemocratic and are at the point of inviting, even inciting, violence. To say this again, now, is to repeat something I and others have said many times before. But it bears repeating. It demands repeating.

Last night, there was Trump again on attack mode, whipping up the crowd into a frenzy. He will explain it away, as he always does. But we must be clear. Reveling in the raucous chorus of democracy is one thing. That is not what this is. This is about undermining accountability and deflecting from honest and fair questions. It is about preparing his base to deny truth and the justice that it may inevitably bring.

Facing the taunts and harassment, yet again, was CNN's Jim Acosta. To watch the video makes me sick. I can feel the hairs on the back of my neck rise in fury. I have known Jim for many years and worked with him. He is a pro who knows a reporter's job is to ask probing questions and be persistent in doing so. He and many others in the White House press corps are doing hard work in difficult trench warfare.

For many reasons, none of them fair, Acosta has come to symbolize the idea of "the enemy of the people" to many Trump supporters. He is on point, out front and the reporter the powerful hate most and have him in their bull’s eye. He's in the most danger, professionally and personally—and perhaps even physically. Unwavering support from CNN’s corporate ownership is essential, but so is support from his colleagues, his competitors, and the public at large. Journalism is an inexact science. There is no perfection. But Jim does it better than most.

Meanwhile, his critics will look for any slip up, real or imagined, to pounce. He’s in a cage with big, dangerous cats. He has to be alert and careful to survive.

But I will tell you one thing. If violence ever comes to the press in this environment, President Trump will be personally accountable.

Eminently true, and even more eminently depressing - mostly because I'm deeply ashamed of so many of my supposed fellow Americans. Their admiration for this pitiful excuse for a man and everything he stands for is unfathomable to the nth degree.

13CNN SUCKS! Empty Re: CNN SUCKS! 8/2/2018, 8:32 pm

ConservaLady

ConservaLady

https://www.christianpost.com/politics/

14CNN SUCKS! Empty Re: CNN SUCKS! 8/3/2018, 7:42 am

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

ConservaLady wrote:https://www.christianpost.com/politics/

After checking your listing above, I completely understand your deficient intellect. I used to dislike evangelist Christians. Now I am beginning to hate them. It's good to know your enemies!!

15CNN SUCKS! Empty Re: CNN SUCKS! 8/3/2018, 9:07 am

ConservaLady

ConservaLady

Wordslinger wrote:

After checking your listing above, I completely understand your deficient intellect.  I used to dislike evangelist Christians.  Now I am beginning to hate them.  It's good to know your enemies!!

"You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved." -- Matthew 10:22

For the record:  I don't hate you, Wordslinger.  Nor anyone else on this board. Isn't there enough hate in the world without us adding to it?

16CNN SUCKS! Empty Re: CNN SUCKS! 8/3/2018, 9:57 am

zsomething

ConservaLady wrote:

"You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved." -- Matthew 10:22

Don't go blaming Jesus for the reason you're disliked. You've earned that all yourself. And hasn't He suffered enough?

For the record:  I don't hate you, Wordslinger.  Nor anyone else on this board.  Isn't there enough hate in the world without us adding to it?

Look around you. Adding to it is all that you're accomplishing. And you get off on it, don't ya?

17CNN SUCKS! Empty Re: CNN SUCKS! 8/3/2018, 10:09 am

polecat

polecat

Do the people screaming obscenities at the high paid CNN correspondent understand that they just gave him a tax cut at the expense of their own access to healthcare? - Bradley Whitfield

18CNN SUCKS! Empty Re: CNN SUCKS! 8/3/2018, 2:07 pm

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

ConservaLady wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

After checking your listing above, I completely understand your deficient intellect.  I used to dislike evangelist Christians.  Now I am beginning to hate them.  It's good to know your enemies!!

For the record:  I don't hate you, Wordslinger.  Nor anyone else on this board.  Isn't there enough hate in the world without us adding to it?

When people like you insist the rest of us have to govern our lives by your rules, you deserve to be totally resisted ... and eliminated if possible with extreme prejudice where required. Your animosity against women's rights, Gays, Transgenders, is nothing less than full on hatred based on nothing more than your fictional book. Your insistence that the earth is only 6000 years old denies the scientific facts of virtually all modern scientific endeavors. Show me one animal who has significantly evolved in less than 10,000 years. And just how do you resolve your support for Herr Twitler's attack on innocent children -- and your professed love of Jesus? Just how would your Jesus dude handle a strong modern country separating children from their parents as an immigration deterrent?

Fess up girl -- you and your religion and politics are a disgusting fraud.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum