Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

One good reason to NOT impeach Trump

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

“I have to say that I prefer Donald Trump, because I think that Trump is more obvious in his intent,” he said, while Pence tends to “disguise his agenda.” D’Antonio then pointed out  that if Pence assumed the presidency in the second half of Trump’s first term, he’d be eligible to run in 2020 and 2024 and potentially occupy the White House for up to 10 years.

Heaven help us.

That's the last paragraph in this opinion piece by a NYT's columnist. Opinions are sometimes so relaxing to read because they are a personal evaluation of a situation.This column has given us a few things to think about.  If Pence did take over he'd run as an incumbent. With Pence's strong connection to the Evangelical community they would be sure to back him. He'd never make the mistake of saying Two Corinthians! And he doesn't have a lot of Trump's baggage: (his constant lying, publicly acknowledged self-indulgent and adulterous private life, bankruptcies etc. etc.)

There are problems with impeaching Donald Trump. A big one is the holy terror waiting in the wings.

That would be Mike Pence, who mirrors the boss more than you realize. He’s also self-infatuated. Also a bigot. Also a liar. Also cruel.

To that brimming potpourri he adds two ingredients that Trump doesn’t genuinely possess: the conviction that he’s on a mission from God and a determination to mold the entire nation in the shape of his own faith, a regressive, repressive version of Christianity. Trade Trump for Pence and you go from kleptocracy to theocracy.

That’s the takeaway from a forthcoming book by the journalists Michael D’Antonio, who  previously wrote “The Truth About Trump,” and Peter Eisner. It’s titled “The Shadow President: The Truth About Mike Pence,” it will be published on Aug. 28 and it’s the most thorough examination of the vice president’s background to date.

I got an advance look at it, along with a first interview about it with D’Antonio, and while it has a mostly measured tone, it presents an entirely damning portrait of Pence. You’ve seen his colors before, but not so vividly and in this detail.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/28/opinion/sunday/mike-pence-holy-terror.html

PkrBum

PkrBum

He's the Woodrow Wilson you deserve. Even though I'd hate it too.

ConservaLady

ConservaLady

Vice President Pence would make an excellent President!

After eight years of President Trump then and eight years of President Pence the United States and the rest of the world will be far more prosperous, free, and safe place to live.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

ConservaLady wrote:Vice President Pence would make an excellent President!

After eight years of President Trump  then and eight years of President Pence the United States and the rest of the world will be far more prosperous, free, and safe place to live.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Another thing I'd like to see trump do that is very unlikely... is to reduce the power of the executive.

No more a phone and a pen... agreed?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum