Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Snails

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Snails Empty Snails 7/23/2018, 6:04 pm

2seaoat

I had a neighbor tell me his yard is covered with snails. It is suppose to be an invasive species which is just taking over the panhandle. Has anyone had these snails in their yard?

2Snails Empty Re: Snails 7/23/2018, 6:28 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Snails Img_0113

Last week my daughter had caterpillars. Moth type....thousands of them. On the house, sidewalks, and the pool. They were striping the palm trees. After having the trees trimmed they went away. They will have to watch for sod web worms now.

3Snails Empty Re: Snails 7/24/2018, 10:58 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:I had a neighbor tell me his yard is covered with snails.  It is suppose to be an invasive species which is just taking over the panhandle.  Has anyone had these snails in their yard?

Are they slugs? If so, you can drown them in beer.

4Snails Empty Re: Snails 7/24/2018, 11:09 am

2seaoat

I have heard the infestations are growing and people are being advised to salt them........apparently salt kills the snails. I would not waste a beer on drowning a snail. It must not be impacting by the beach, but it is bad further North in the county. People have their entire back yards covered with these snails. I am surprised there has not been something in the PNJ.

5Snails Empty Re: Snails 7/24/2018, 2:43 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

The PNJ copies USA.

Not slugs. They are brown and have spikes. The spikes make you itch like crazy. They eventually drown in the pool or burn on the hot concrete.

6Snails Empty Re: Snails 7/24/2018, 3:52 pm

2seaoat

I did find something with a search

http://www.northescambia.com/2018/07/north-escambia-has-been-invaded-by-snails

7Snails Empty Re: Snails 7/25/2018, 2:29 am

RealLindaL

No snail "invasion" per se here on the island, though we have seen a few of them here and there (including attached to our garage door and adjacent concrete walkways/driveway) over the past couple of years. Never used to see them at all.

8Snails Empty Re: Snails 7/25/2018, 2:29 am

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:I did find something with a search

http://www.northescambia.com/2018/07/north-escambia-has-been-invaded-by-snails

Interesting. Wonder why the PNJ hasn't reported on this - at least not that I've seen.

9Snails Empty Re: Snails 7/25/2018, 8:12 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Ours were caterpillars.. capable of stripping a tree.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum