Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Scott Pruitt Resigns From The EPA Amid Ethics Scandals

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

President Donald Trump announced Pruitt’s resignation via Twitter, saying that former coal lobbyist Andrew Wheeler will serve as acting administrator.

"Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Scott Pruitt’s controversial tenure ended amid a five-month whirlwind of ethics scandals and at least 18 federal investigations.

President Donald Trump announced Pruitt’s resignation in a series of tweets late Thursday afternoon, praising the administrator and Andrew Wheeler, the EPA’s No. 2, who will now serve as acting administrator.

Donald J. Trump
✔️
@realDonaldTrump
I have accepted the resignation of Scott Pruitt as the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency. Within the Agency Scott has done an outstanding job, and I will always be thankful to him for this. The Senate confirmed Deputy at EPA, Andrew Wheeler, will...

2:37 PM - Jul 5, 2018
34.2K people are talking about this

Donald J. Trump
✔️
@realDonaldTrump
Replying to @realDonaldTrump
...on Monday assume duties as the acting Administrator of the EPA. I have no doubt that Andy will continue on with our great and lasting EPA agenda. We have made tremendous progress and the future of the EPA is very bright!

2:37 PM - Jul 5, 2018
17.9K people are talking about this

“It is extremely difficult for me to cease serving you in this role first because I count it a blessing to be serving you in any capacity, but also, because of the transformative work that is occurring,” Pruitt said in his resignation letter, according to Fox News. “However the unrelenting attacks on me personally, my family, are unprecedented and have taken a sizable toll on all of us.”

Speaking to reporters on Air Force One later Thursday, Trump said he and the embattled EPA chief had been discussing a possible resignation “for a little while,” but that the ultimate decision was entirely Pruitt’s.

“I think Scott felt that he was a distraction,” the president said, according to a pool report. “He’ll go on to great things and he’s going to have a wonderful life, I hope. But he felt that he did not want to be a distraction for an administration that he has a lot of faith in.”

During his nearly 17 months in office, Pruitt, 50, sought to dramatically remake the EPA, contracting the budget, eliminating landmark regulations and politicizing scientific research, giving industry an outsize role in shaping the federal rules by which it plays. He played a decisive part in convincing President Donald Trump to withdraw the United States from the Paris climate accord.

The sudden exit of the nation’s 14th and second-shortest-serving EPA administrator curtails the ambitious ascent of a career politician. Pruitt, who made his name on the national stage by repeatedly suing to block EPA regulations as Oklahoma’s attorney general, flirted with becoming Trump’s next attorney general and was said to be considering a run for Senate or governor in the Sooner State. Allies said Pruitt plotted a run for the presidency as early as 2024..."

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/scott-pruitt-leaves-epa_us_5ac2fae0e4b09712fec3a09c?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=__Politics__070518&utm_content=__Politics__070518+Version+A+CID_5425affaf7d25e090ddbcb83d486e23a&utm_source=Email%20marketing%20software&utm_term=READ%20MORE&ncid=newsltushpmgnews__Politics__070518

Whiny baby can't imagine why mommy won't give him another cookie after he broke the cookie jar.

Scott Pruitt Resigns From The EPA Amid Ethics Scandals Pruitt_claire_AP_Ringer.0

Deus X

Deus X

‘Super Polluting’ Trucks Receive Loophole on Pruitt’s Last Day

In the final hours of Scott Pruitt’s tenure as administrator, the Environmental Protection Agency moved on Friday to effectively grant a loophole that will allow a major increase in the manufacturing of a diesel freight truck that produces as much as 55 times the air pollution as trucks that have modern emissions controls.

The move by the E.P.A. came after intense lobbying by a small set of manufacturers that sell glider trucks, which use old engines built before new technologies significantly reduced emissions of particulates and nitrogen oxide that are blamed for asthma, lung cancer and other ailments.

It was just as strongly opposed by an unusual alliance of public health groups like the American Lung Association, environmental groups like the Environmental Defense Fund and major industry players like United Parcel Service, the largest truck fleet owner, and Volvo Group, one of the largest truck manufacturers.

The shift in agency policy came quietly late Friday, the last day of work for Mr. Pruitt, who resigned after several ethics scandals. But agency officials confirmed to The New York Times that, through the end of 2019, the E.P.A. will not enforce an annual cap of 300 gliders per manufacturer that had been imposed in January.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/06/us/glider-trucks-loophole-pruitt.html

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum