Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

John Brennan tells it like it is

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

RealLindaL

FROM USA TODAY (ET AL):

The former director of the Central Intelligence Agency, in a venomous tweet Saturday, accused President Trump of political corruption and warned, "America will triumph over you."

John Brennan's biting two-sentence statement came in response to a Friday evening tweet in which the president celebrated the ouster of FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe.

"When the full extent of your venality, moral turpitude, and political corruption becomes known, you will take your rightful place as a disgraced demagogue in the dustbin of history," he wrote. "You may scapegoat Andy McCabe, but will not destroy America... America will triumph over you."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2018/03/17/ex-cia-chief-john-brennan-says-trump-displaced-demago/434948002/

RealLindaL

And here's James Comey's response on Twitter today to Trump's nasty tweet of Friday night:

James Comey
‏Verified account @Comey
2h2 hours ago

Mr. President, the American people will hear my story very soon. And they can judge for themselves who is honorable and who is not.

cheers    cheers    cheers

Bureaucrats get scared/angry when their status quo is challenged. They don't understand that they work at the pleasure of we the people. That corrupt sob is just the first of many that belong dumped on the curb... or worse.

RealLindaL

OH, and I guess for those very few who may not have seen it, here's the disgusting, gloating Trump tweet that prompted the Brennan and Comey responses:

Donald J. Trump
✔️
@realDonaldTrump

Andrew McCabe FIRED, a great day for the hard working men and women of the FBI - A great day for Democracy. Sanctimonious James Comey was his boss and made McCabe look like a choirboy. He knew all about the lies and corruption going on at the highest levels of the FBI!
11:08 PM - Mar 16, 2018

RealLindaL

PkrBum wrote:Bureaucrats get scared/angry when their status quo is challenged. They don't understand that they work at the pleasure of we the people. That corrupt sob is just the first of many that belong dumped on the curb... or worse.

You are now officially waaaaay beyond redemption. Hopeless, in fact. Truly hopeless, and to be pitied.

RealLindaL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Bureaucrats get scared/angry when their status quo is challenged. They don't understand that they work at the pleasure of we the people. That corrupt sob is just the first of many that belong dumped on the curb... or worse.

You are now officially waaaaay beyond redemption.   Hopeless, in fact.  Truly hopeless, and to be pitied.

You prefer a corrupt and biased fbi... no surprise here. Unless of course the tables were turned.

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:

You are now officially waaaaay beyond redemption.   Hopeless, in fact.  Truly hopeless, and to be pitied.

Linda it's best to just ignore the drug abusing tennis queen from Michigan. Try as he might he will never be half the paid Russian troll that markle was. What a Face

Deus X

Deus X

Tel's right. Any response to one of his ridiculous comments is gratifying to him and, in his simple mind, validates his silly point-of-view. He'll keep it up until everyone just ignores him.

RealLindaL

Deus X wrote:Tel's right. Any response to one of his ridiculous comments is gratifying to him and, in his simple mind, validates his silly point-of-view. He'll keep it up until everyone just ignores him.

I know you guys are both right, but still find it hard to ignore -- to let stand unchallenged -- his outrageously ignorant, misinformed and un-American comments.   Seems to me that to do THAT would validate his "silly point of view" in his own warped mind.  

So listen, why don't you both have him on permanent "ignore"?  Maybe if at least the two of you did that, I'd join you, so Pkr would know for sure that his mule-headed insanity was reaching very few ears:

Profile>Friends and Foes

Deus X

Deus X

Ignore doesn't work unless you're logged in or if someone quotes the post--besides, "Foes" has been removed from Profile, there's only "Friends".

https://www.lawfareblog.com/what-we-know-and-dont-know-about-firing-andrew-mccabe

After an extensive and fair investigation and according to Department of Justice procedure, the Department’s Office of the Inspector General (OIG) provided its report on allegations of misconduct by Andrew McCabe to the FBI’s Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR).

The FBI’s OPR then reviewed the report and underlying documents and issued a disciplinary proposal recommending the dismissal of Mr. McCabe.  Both the OIG and FBI OPR reports concluded that Mr. McCabe had made an unauthorized disclosure to the news media and lacked candor—including under oath—on multiple occasions.

The FBI expects every employee to adhere to the highest standards of honesty, integrity, and accountability.  As the OPR proposal stated, “all FBI employees know that lacking candor under oath results in dismissal and that our integrity is our brand.”

Pursuant to Department Order 1202, and based on the report of the Inspector General, the findings of the FBI Office of Professional Responsibility, and the recommendation of the Department’s senior career official, I have terminated the employment of Andrew McCabe effective immediately.

Consider also that although Sessions made the ultimate call to fire McCabe, the public record shows that the process resulting in the FBI deputy director’s dismissal involved career Justice Department and FBI officials—rather than political appointees selected by President Trump—at crucial points along the way. To begin with, the charges against McCabe arose out of the broader Justice Department Office of Inspector General (OIG) investigation into the FBI’s handling of the Clinton email investigation. While the inspector general is appointed by the president, the current head of that office, Michael Horowitz, was appointed by President Barack Obama and is himself a former career Justice Department lawyer. As Jack Goldsmith has written, the inspector general has a great deal of statutory independence, which Horowitz has not hesitated to use: Most notably, he produced a highly critical 2012 report into the Justice Department’s “Fast and Furious” program. So a process that begins with Horowitz and his office carries a presumption of fairness and independence.

After investigating McCabe, Horowitz’s office provided a report on McCabe’s conduct to the FBI’s Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR), which investigates allegations of misconduct against bureau employees. This office is headed by career Justice Department official Candace Will, whom then-FBI Director Robert Mueller appointed to lead the OPR in 2004. According to Sessions, the Office of Professional Responsibility agreed with Horowitz’s assessment that McCabe “lacked candor” in speaking to internal investigators.

Finally, Sessions’s statement references “the recommendation of the Department’s senior career official” in advocating McCabe’s firing on the basis of the OIG and OPR determinations. (The official in question appears to be Associate Deputy Attorney General Scott Schools.)

So while Sessions made the decision to dismiss McCabe, career officials or otherwise independent actors were involved in conducting the investigation into the deputy director and recommending his dismissal on multiple levels.

As Sessions frames it, McCabe was dismissed for lacking candor when speaking to investigators on the matter of an “unauthorized disclosure to the news media.”

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:
Deus X wrote:Tel's right. Any response to one of his ridiculous comments is gratifying to him and, in his simple mind, validates his silly point-of-view. He'll keep it up until everyone just ignores him.

I know you guys are both right, but still find it hard to ignore -- to let stand unchallenged -- his outrageously ignorant, misinformed and un-American comments.   Seems to me that to do THAT would validate his "silly point of view" in his own warped mind.  

So listen, why don't you both have him on permanent "ignore"?  Maybe if at least the two of you did that, I'd join you, so Pkr would know for sure that his mule-headed insanity was reaching very few ears:

Profile>Friends and Foes

I do ignore him so I've decided not to post the troll warnings any more. When someone spends so much time posting inane spam the way he does I feel it's a waste of time responding to it. They are woefully less than points of view and mostly pointless clutter. None of them are of any particular merit and they disjoint conversations.

Deus X

Deus X

Telstar wrote:
I do ignore him so I've decided not to post the troll warnings any more. When someone spends so much time posting inane spam the way he does I feel it's a waste of time responding to it. They are woefully less than points of view and mostly pointless clutter. None of them are of any particular merit and they disjoint conversations.

And his only intention is to provoke and annoy, not contribute to discourse. Besides, isn't there some saying or epigram about arguing with a fool?

Telstar

Telstar

Deus X wrote:
Telstar wrote:

And his only intention is to provoke and annoy, not contribute to discourse. Besides, isn't there some saying or epigram about arguing with a fool?

Maybe there is but he's not worthy of the effort of mentioning it.

RealLindaL

Deus X wrote: "Foes" has been removed from Profile, there's only "Friends".

Try scrolling down to the very bottom of the page.

RealLindaL

Telstar wrote:
Deus X wrote:
Telstar wrote:

Maybe there is but he's not worthy of the effort of mentioning it.

OK Tel, I hear you and will be interested to see how well you can adhere to your intentions.   Perhaps you can be an example for others including me.

I just want to add, as a sort of final footnote of my own on Pkr, that it occurs to me that his silly, juvenile insistence that everyone (I presume on all sides, since he's so "fair") be perfectly and impeccably even-handed in condemning and/or praising the other side AND their own side on any and every issue equally -- that insistence, if adhered to, would, it seems to me, spell the end of our two-party (or even a multi-party) system and perhaps the end of our entire democratic republic as we know it, not to mention being impossible to accomplish where human beings are concerned.  So is he a nihilist, an anarchist, or what?  

Doesn't matter; what he says is worthless if not destructive, and apparently designed, as Deus points out, solely to provoke, since, unless he's dwelling in fantasy land, he knows perfectly well that his crusade -- or whatever it is -- is entirely and forever unwinnable.  

You're right; it's not worth any further time addressing his rather inane and childish foolishness.  Let him think he wins every time he gets no response.  Joke'll be on him.

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:
Telstar wrote:
Deus X wrote:
Telstar wrote:

You're right; it's not worth any further time addressing his rather inane and childish foolishness.  Let him think he wins every time he gets no response.  Joke'll be on him.

John Brennan tells it like it is Take_a10

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum