Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

AHA! We've discovered the reason for conservative dysphoria...

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Deus X

Deus X

No wonder PkrBoy's such an asshole:

Conservatives Are Whining Because No One Wants to Date Them

Apparently it's not easy to get laid if you're a Republican.

It must be tough being a Republican when your party's president does things like, say, call African nations "shithole countries," make bizarre phone calls to school shooting survivors, or back up accused domestic abusers and alleged child molesters. Aside from whatever moral quandary Trump is putting conservatives in, he's apparently also responsible for screwing up their love lives, the Washingtonian reports.

A handful of conservatives in DC told the magazine they've been having a real tough go of it since the election. Only instead of living in constant fear of being deported or having to face down white supremacists in the streets, they've just been having a hard time getting laid. According to one unnamed Trump administration official, it's especially hard to land a date if you're affiliated with the White House. Sad!

"A lot of times you’ll connect with someone [on an app] and they’ll Google you, find out you worked for Trump’s campaign, and then it’s pretty much all downhill from there," the official said.

A reporter for a right-wing media outlet told the Washingtonian he recently went out on a date that crashed and burned once the woman noticed some conservative books on his shelf. Even though the guy told her he didn't vote for Trump and considers himself a moderate conservative, she ended things there.

"She was like, 'I have to get out of here. I can’t see you,' and left," he said. "The policies and these things that are attached to the right, whether or not you’re a supporter of Trump, have been pre-supposed on you, and it’s like a black mark."

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/gy893x/conservatives-are-whining-because-no-one-wants-to-date-them-vgtrn?utm_campaign=VICE+NEWSLETTER+36&utm_content=VICE+NEWSLETTER+36+CID_c2d0a3b48ed76d51093175026084867c&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Campaign+Monitor&utm_term=no-one+will+date+them+because+theyre+Republicans

C'mon ladies, you know how goofy guys get when they don't get any, this could affect national security!

Besides, if you play your cards right, you might get a nice Dooney & Bourke bag out of it or maybe that pair of Nine West pumps you saw at Saks.

polecat

polecat

Does Stormy Daniels know about this?

zsomething

If you ever read the stuff these dudes write, it's no wonder women don't like them. They're some extremely frustrated, confused fellas, with their "MGTOW" (Men Going Their Own Way) movements and calling themselves "proud chauvinists" and railing against feminists all day (a lot of it started with that "gamergate" thing, complaining about women working in the video game industry). And then, after all that, they whine that women don't like 'em, and they're bewildered by it. It's almost like they have some kind of sexual-autism, where they see women as objects that exist to fulfill their needs/wants, and can't deal with 'em when they don't. Really, these dudes come across as gay guys who can't commit to the sex part -- they want all their actual relationships to be with other men, and only use women for sex... and they can't figure out why women aren't cool with that. So a lot of them become monastic, almost.

It's a real sour-grapes-misogyny thing, all over Twitter and YouTube and Reddit. Very freaky. I think conservative brains are actually wired differently... a lot of them really don't understand basic things, and can't figure out why they get the reactions they do. Somehow, they don't think they're jerks, even though they do nothing but jerky behavior.

Deus X

Deus X

zsomething wrote:If you ever read the stuff these dudes write, it's no wonder women don't like them.  They're some extremely frustrated, confused fellas, with their "MGTOW" (Men Going Their Own Way) movements and calling themselves "proud chauvinists" and railing against feminists all day (a lot of it started with that "gamergate" thing, complaining about women working in the video game industry).   And then, after all that, they whine that women don't like 'em, and they're bewildered by it.  It's almost like they have some kind of sexual-autism, where they see women as objects that exist to fulfill their needs/wants, and can't deal with 'em when they don't.   Really, these dudes come across as gay guys who can't commit to the sex part -- they want all their actual relationships to be with other men, and only use women for sex... and they can't figure out why women aren't cool with that.   So a lot of them become monastic, almost.

It's a real sour-grapes-misogyny thing, all over Twitter and YouTube and Reddit.   Very freaky.  I think conservative brains are actually wired differently... a lot of them really don't understand basic things, and can't figure out why they get the reactions they do.  Somehow, they don't think they're jerks, even though they do nothing but jerky behavior.

Can you post some links to this kind of stuff? Other than "gamergate", I haven't seen it.

zsomething

The MGTOW stuff is all over YouTube. I don't follow them so I'm not sure what'd be a good video to start with, but a basic search turns up a lot of videos, for and against... https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=MGTOW I tend to just graze them all and click on something else when they get boring. It's along the lines of British "lad" culture, but with a lot more nerdishness and resentment.

Oddly, the alt-right is mixed on this. Some of the white-supremacist/chauvinist types are for it because they hate women and want to deny them any power over them (total "if I can't have it then I don't want it anyway, so there!" stuff)... and others don't like it because they think if white people don't get married, they won't produce any white babies, which is something they are very preoccupied with lately. They consider white people not having babies, or having babies with other races, to be "white genocide." It'd be hilarious if it wasn't all so sick, but these dudes are desperate to see themselves as the "victims."

I don't want to link to 4chan or Reddit for the same reasons I wouldn't want to link to Stormfront... they're vile, and the only reason to go there is to learn about the enemy, figure out how they think so it can be countered. But a Google search for "4chan Reddit MGTOW redpill" should turn up all kinds of stuff... but, like I said, enter at your own risk, because it's some hardcore, top-shelf hateful idiocy. "Redpill" stuff is all over YouTube, too... it's some right-wing geek thing they got from the Matrix, where they think they've discovered "the truth"... which, oddly enough, always seems to benefit socially-inept white conservative males exclusively. It's all basically a support group for losers, trying to make them feel better about their fates, and like being shunned is a "lifestyle choice" rather than something that's been foisted upon them because they're unlovable. Total bargaining/rationalizing.

Deus X

Deus X

Ok, thanks.

Have you watched "The Red Pill"? It's on Amazon Prime if you get that. Some of the points the movie makes are valid, it's not a black-or-white issue.

zsomething

Deus X wrote:Ok, thanks.

Have you watched "The Red Pill"? It's on Amazon Prime if you get that. Some of the points the movie makes are valid, it's not a black-or-white issue.

I've seen bits of it... seemed wacky to me.

Deus X

Deus X

zsomething wrote:

When you get time, watch the whole thing. The woman who made it, Cassie Jaye, is not a whacko extremist like the MGTOW assholes--she's a thoughtful, intelligent woman and she makes some good points.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Deus X wrote:
zsomething wrote:

When you get time, watch the whole thing. The woman who made it, Cassie Jaye, is not a whacko extremist like the MGTOW assholes--she's a thoughtful, intelligent woman and she makes some good points.

I haven't watched Red Pill, but I did find a TED talk:

I agree with much of what she had to say, especially the part about listening.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum