Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

WTF

+2
RealLindaL
2seaoat
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26WTF - Page 2 Empty Re: WTF 2/26/2018, 9:31 pm

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:
Telstar wrote:Didn't one of the curlers test positive for dope. Hopefully not another Russian.

Yep, it was a Russian curler, who had to return his bronze medal.   There was another Russian, a female bobsleigh rider, also accused of doping though she's denied it.

Both incidents apparently helped convince the IOC to recommend against the Russians' being able to march behind their country's flag in the closing ceremonies.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/russian-olympian-i-dont-do-doping-shirt_us_5a93dd32e4b03b55731dd435

And ban the Russian anthem yet the Russian hockey team still broke the rules and sung that crappy song anyway. Mad They should be forced to turn in the hockey gold.

27WTF - Page 2 Empty Re: WTF 2/26/2018, 10:27 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

[quote="RealLindaL"]
zsomething wrote:I'm not offended by it.  If people enjoy it, cool.  Lucky them, they have something extra fun to do/watch that I don't.

And, yep, the world does have massive problems, but dwelling on them to the exclusion of all else won't help anything.  If people want to use some of their time seeing how far an object can slide on ice, that's okay... a distraction can be good.  I don't think it'll save any lives or fix anything if they decided not to slide things.  It's not either-or...

And THAT, as opposed to Seaoat's sad and rather small-minded judgmentalism here, is clearly the wiser attitude.    Good for you, z.

As for not understanding curling, as with most things that's probably the number one cause of criticism.   I certainly don't love the sport but have watched enough to realize there's a helluva lot more to it than just "seeing how far an object can slide on ice."  (And yes, I presume you really know that.) From what I can see, it's more like a forward-thinking, complex chess game, except with added complication that you can't always control exactly where your piece lands.[/quote]

Exactly...a game of strategy

28WTF - Page 2 Empty Re: WTF 2/26/2018, 10:48 pm

2seaoat

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/winter-olympics/americans-talked-about-curling-more-than-any-other-olympic-sport-facebook-says/ar-BBJCFkF?li=BBnb7Kz

I saw this around the folks I golf with. Their kids could not compete in athletics by about seventh grade. They began sending them to hockey camp and enrolled them expensive leagues with huge ice rink charges compared to my childhood where I would grab a mitt and bat, a basketball, or a football and just play all day. There were always kids who were not stars, but their parents did not create this alternative world where soft, slow, non athletic kids could compete through high school because they were not making teams in junior high, and by the time these silver spooners got to college thinking they were going to excel.......sorry getting to the next level requires more athleticism than Dad thought, and suddenly the NHL career is cut short, and the kid is in the basement playing video games..

This whole curling in my mind is a political response to the far right's attacks on the NFL and NBA which have significant numbers in each sport of non white participants which far over represents the numbers in the general public. Wayne and the NRA......put down football and basketball. President Trump did the same. Laura the fascist radio show told James to stick to dribbling. Yet, the clear indication of who is watching curling is that NBA numbers are at records despite the far rights attack on athletes. Hitler needed Jessie to disappear in the olympics as the white supremacy myth was being shattered, and today the olympics in my mind have brought us right back to that sad mindset of excluding real athleticism for some kind of false competition being equated with athletics. Curling is a gateway drug to fascism.

29WTF - Page 2 Empty Re: WTF 2/28/2018, 10:06 pm

2seaoat

I have been asked twice in the last two days, first if I had watched the winter olympics, and second did I see the curling? WTF My wife has told me to cool it when I am talking to people about curling.....I mean I have never seen anything like it in my life about how excited they are with curling, but when I talked to one neighbor last year he refuses to watch NBA games. This same person was just excited as heck about curling, and my wife felt I went a little John Belushi on him, after I nearly did the same at dinner with neighbors. I mean there is a huge racial undercurrent with the winter olympics. I mean Mrs. Seaoat has declared that I am banned from talking about curling. I told her I would try, but if I hear one more person talking about curling..........I think I am going full Belushi.

30WTF - Page 2 Empty Re: WTF 3/1/2018, 3:33 am

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:I mean Mrs. Seaoat has declared that I am banned from talking about curling.

Very wise woman.  You are DEFINITELY off the rails on this one -- WAY off.  I mean, c'mon, "Curling is a gateway drug to fascism" - ???  HUH??? Are you f'ing kidding me??? That's the most outrageously ridiculous thing I've ever heard you say.  Ever!   And I've heard you say a lot of outrageously ridiculous things over the years.  Honestly, you're making yourself sound like a very small-minded, ignorant person with this crapola.
Now I realize this will only set your stubborn self more firmly in the very over-the-top position you've already chosen on this matter, but somebody besides Mrs. Sea has to tell you.

31WTF - Page 2 Empty Re: WTF 3/1/2018, 10:46 am

I highly doubt that seagoat has ever watched an important match that goes down to the wire with pressure shots. Curling builds up the stress really well... leads to a peak like pool or even golf. That said... I'd still consider it a drinking game like bowling... lol.

32WTF - Page 2 Empty Re: WTF 3/1/2018, 10:49 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PkrBum wrote:I highly doubt that seagoat has ever watched an important match that goes down to the wire with pressure shots. Curling builds up the stress really well... leads to a peak like pool or even golf. That said... I'd still consider it a drinking game like bowling... lol.

I saw the Japanese team have a center ice team discussion. I called hubby to show him how intense the match was...he agrees with Seaoat.

33WTF - Page 2 Empty Re: WTF 3/1/2018, 10:54 am

Joanimaroni wrote:
PkrBum wrote:I highly doubt that seagoat has ever watched an important match that goes down to the wire with pressure shots. Curling builds up the stress really well... leads to a peak like pool or even golf. That said... I'd still consider it a drinking game like bowling... lol.

I saw the Japanese team have a center ice team discussion. I called hubby to show him how intense the match was...he agrees with Seaoat.

Lol... to each their own.

34WTF - Page 2 Empty Re: WTF 3/1/2018, 11:01 am

Telstar

Telstar

WTF - Page 2 Russia22

35WTF - Page 2 Empty Re: WTF 3/1/2018, 11:06 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sounds like someone is gulping the Russian Vodka.

LOL Pkrbum are you a paid Russian Troll? The moron said you are. Must be true if the forum liar said so. Shocked

36WTF - Page 2 Empty Re: WTF 3/1/2018, 11:14 am

Telstar

Telstar

Joanimaroni wrote:Sounds like someone is gulping the Russian Vodka.

LOL Pkrbum are you a paid Russian Troll? The moron said you are. Must be true if the forum liar said so. Shocked

LOL the queen of liars sides with another Russian troll like she did Markle.

37WTF - Page 2 Empty Re: WTF 3/1/2018, 3:50 pm

2seaoat

I'd still consider it a drinking game like bowling... lol.

Could not agree more. We used to in our twenties play this drinking game with a foot wide disk with color fields where when you touched the green light it let out a sound.......like close encounters.....and each player had to replicate the sequence from memory. If you made a mistake the game gave a loud buzz and you had to drink. Well after an hour of loud buzzes, everybody was buzzed. The husbands finally started complaining that their wives were......well......too drunk when they got home, so all the men suggested less strenuous drinking games.

In regard to curling being a gateway to fascism.....I personally thought that was brilliant. Probably one of the most brilliant things I have posted since being on this forum. You can bet right now Kim besides trying to get more nuclear weapons has demanded that North Korea have the best curling team by the next winter x games. Of Course Putin told the world they have this nifty nuclear weapon delivery system, but if you watched BBC it was only after he talked about the Russians will never get beat in curling again by false allegations of doping. Putin said we do not need to dope for curling, but you do have to be a dope to curl. Norway threatened to break off diplomatic relations with Russia and in the Netherlands they just refuse to stick their fingers in the dykes any more as the world has been turned upside down as the fascist march in harmony to

38WTF - Page 2 Empty Re: WTF 3/1/2018, 6:15 pm

Deus X

Deus X

2seaoat wrote:  Curling is a gateway drug to fascism.

Basketball and American Football are gateway drugs to domestic violence and aggravated assault.

39WTF - Page 2 Empty Re: WTF 3/2/2018, 10:40 am

Deus X

Deus X

Our American HEROES, the US Curling Team, just opened the NYSE!

Is this a great country or what?

You can watch the video here:
https://livestream.com/accounts/1160789/events/8075445/videos/170956628

40WTF - Page 2 Empty Re: WTF 3/2/2018, 6:13 pm

RealLindaL

Deus X wrote:
2seaoat wrote:  Curling is a gateway drug to fascism.

Basketball and American Football are gateway drugs to domestic violence and aggravated assault.

cheers cheers

I posted these cheers last night but somehow they disappeared in the ether.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum