Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Just who do the republicans serve? Not you and me .. .

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

The latest Quinniac Poll shows 67% of those polled are for banning Assault Rifles. The republicans have consistently opposed such a ban, in accordance with NRA wishes. What becomes instantly clear then, is that the Republican Party would rather serve the needs of the NRA than their constituents.

Why am I not surprised?

PkrBum

PkrBum

This is purely political theatre to drive social control when the system was already in place to stop this incident. Why not blame the failed bureaucracy? Because that won't grow govt authority. Nice work useful idiots.

Telstar

Telstar

Just who do the republicans serve?  Not you and me .. .  Russia14

Deus X

Deus X

Wordslinger wrote:The latest Quinniac Poll shows 67% of those polled are for banning Assault Rifles.  The republicans have consistently opposed such a ban, in accordance with NRA wishes.  What becomes instantly clear then, is that the Republican Party would rather serve the needs of the NRA than their constituents.

Why am I not surprised?

A solution?

How Banks Could Control Gun Sales if Washington Won’t

For the past year, chief executives have often talked about the new sense of moral responsibility that corporations have to help their communities and confront social challenges even when Washington won’t.

In the aftermath of the school shooting in Parkland, Fla., that killed 17 students and staff members — and at a time when Washington shows little interest in limiting the sales of assault weapons — there’s a real opportunity for the business community to fill the void and prove that all that talk about moral responsibility isn’t hollow.

Here’s an idea.

What if the finance industry — credit card companies like Visa, Mastercard and American Express; credit card processors like First Data; and banks like JPMorgan Chase and Wells Fargo — were to effectively set new rules for the sales of guns in America?

Collectively, they have more leverage over the gun industry than any lawmaker. And it wouldn’t be hard for them to take a stand.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/19/business/banks-gun-sales.html

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum