Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

time is getting short

+8
EmeraldGhost
Vikingwoman
knothead
Telstar
Floridatexan
Joanimaroni
zsomething
PkrBum
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 33  Next

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 33]

401time is getting short - Page 17 Empty Re: time is getting short 10/8/2018, 2:55 pm

2seaoat

Wonderful time in Galena with Grandkids. I will have some better photos from my wife.....mine suck, but I did take this one as we pulled out of the De Soto hotel garage. This time of year they can have 10k people a weekend. The girls visited Grant's home which is beautiful. I made it to dinner, but was in bed most of the visit. I did go play cards in Dubuque and did not get back to 3am where I was locked out of the hotel.....they let me in......slept.......we are home now and the girls are making slime.......what a mess. Getting weaker by the day, but hopefully can play poker this wed, and force me out of the house.....it is becoming a daily battle. Nine days until third PRRT....which I doubt I will survive, but for this weekend.......utter joy.

time is getting short - Page 17 20181014

402time is getting short - Page 17 Empty Re: time is getting short 10/9/2018, 5:54 am

2seaoat

Abe Lincoln and US Grant used these stairs. We did not get their room this time, and were on the third floor. The girls told us next time they visit, they want the second floor where grant and Lincoln stayed. We took their mother and uncle to that room, and the girls are thrilled about the history. I was exhausted after the trip, but the girls wanted to visit Ronald Reagan's boyhood home and the wife stopped and they took the tour on their trip back to home. Two President's homes in one holiday weekend.

time is getting short - Page 17 Getatt10

403time is getting short - Page 17 Empty Re: time is getting short 10/9/2018, 6:09 am

2seaoat

The girls loved being shown where President Reagan used to hide his money under a tile at the fireplace. He visited his boyhood home when he was in office and had lunch at the home. We take them to Springfield the next holiday weekend. They are getting into lincoln like their grandfather did as a young boy. I read the gettysburg address in fifth grade on lincoln's birthday, and the meaning of those sacred words were seared into my child like mind. It is so rewarding to see kids learning.

time is getting short - Page 17 Getatt11

404time is getting short - Page 17 Empty Re: time is getting short 10/9/2018, 11:05 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Abe Lincoln and US Grant used these stairs.  We did not get their room this time,  and were on the third floor.  The girls told us next time they visit, they want the second floor where grant and Lincoln stayed.  We took their mother and uncle to that room, and the girls are thrilled about the history.  I was exhausted after the trip, but the girls wanted to visit Ronald Reagan's boyhood home and the wife stopped and they took the tour on their trip back to home.  Two President's homes in one holiday weekend.

time is getting short - Page 17 Getatt10

Beautiful young ladies.

405time is getting short - Page 17 Empty Re: time is getting short 10/9/2018, 11:07 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:The girls loved being shown where President Reagan used to hide his money under a tile at the fireplace.  He visited his boyhood home when he was in office and had lunch at the home.  We take them to Springfield the next holiday weekend.  They are getting into lincoln like their grandfather did as a young boy.  I read the gettysburg address in fifth grade on lincoln's birthday, and the meaning of those sacred words were seared into my child like mind.  It is so rewarding to see kids learning.

time is getting short - Page 17 Getatt11

Is the little one like your wife?

406time is getting short - Page 17 Empty Re: time is getting short 10/9/2018, 11:28 am

2seaoat

Is the little one like your wife?

My wife's father was this tall blonde haired blue eyed first Generation Lithuanian who was born in Lithuania and brought to America at two years of age. Her hair darkened around sixth grade to its current color. So genetically my wife is closest to the oldest granddaughter, but most of us have dark hair. The youngest has some real attitude adjustment. We think she has a mix of a lot folks, but probably my SIL's sister is closest to the youngest. It really was fun when the wife took them home as they flew into the house to tell their father all the things which they had done. My daughter has a real problem getting her husband to travel as he suffers from depression and is often uncomfortable with people and traveling. However, the daughter takes them on trips on weekends, and we try to take them doing things whenever we can. With my health failing in the last month, my daughter has made them available as we without regret spoil the chit out of them......but I will be gone shortly and my conversations and instilling humor in these girls has been very important in their development.......few are happier than this dying man.

407time is getting short - Page 17 Empty Re: time is getting short 10/9/2018, 5:47 pm

2seaoat

This is getting hard. I will try to play poker wed., but I am down to 190 pounds in my underwear.........junior year in high school. They told me I would wake up one day and not be able to get out of bed. I had a very difficult time getting out of bed at the Desoto House, but different levels of the bed might have explained the same, but each day weaker.......eight days to third PRRT which I never thought I would survive. I will not survive for the fourth treatment. I fully expect a descent into hell over the next three weeks.....I have prepared all for the same, but their eyes now tell the whole story.

408time is getting short - Page 17 Empty Re: time is getting short 10/11/2018, 2:37 pm

2seaoat

played poker, but had to leave early as I was not doing well. We were suppose to go to dinner tonight with another couple, and I just cancelled. I am having difficulty typing and hope this is just a bad day.

409time is getting short - Page 17 Empty Re: time is getting short 10/11/2018, 3:17 pm

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:I am having difficulty typing and hope this is just a bad day.

You and all the rest of us here hope that. Let us know when you feel better - hopefully soonest.

410time is getting short - Page 17 Empty Re: time is getting short 10/11/2018, 4:22 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Take it easy...

411time is getting short - Page 17 Empty Re: time is getting short 10/13/2018, 11:23 am

RealLindaL

Sea, you still with us? Check in if you can, pls.

412time is getting short - Page 17 Empty Re: time is getting short 10/13/2018, 12:37 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Worried. You can set your phone to dictate. I did that when I was not feeling well.

413time is getting short - Page 17 Empty Re: time is getting short 10/13/2018, 3:14 pm

2seaoat

Have the grandsons today. Not doing particularly well.

414time is getting short - Page 17 Empty Re: time is getting short 10/13/2018, 5:39 pm

RealLindaL

Sorry it's not a better day, Sea.   Hope you were able to enjoy the grandsons at least a little, and that they weren't too exhausting.   Will look forward to hearing more from you soon, maybe feeling a little better.  But even if not.  We would just like to see you posting as long as you're reasonably able.

Last edited by RealLindaL on 10/14/2018, 1:52 am; edited 1 time in total

415time is getting short - Page 17 Empty Re: time is getting short 10/13/2018, 11:53 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

What Linda said!

416time is getting short - Page 17 Empty Re: time is getting short 10/14/2018, 4:32 pm

2seaoat

Had my kids and grandkids around me today.....could not get out of bed, but had a wonderful time. I hope I make Wed. PRRT treatment, we have secured a wheel chair.

417time is getting short - Page 17 Empty Re: time is getting short 10/14/2018, 5:30 pm

RealLindaL

You can make it, Sea!! You go, guy!! Wednesday's in sight!!!

___From the Gulf Coast Cheering Section

418time is getting short - Page 17 Empty Re: time is getting short 10/14/2018, 7:24 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

We are pulling for you. Ensure with ice cream.

419time is getting short - Page 17 Empty Re: time is getting short 10/14/2018, 7:50 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

Keep fighting hombre.

420time is getting short - Page 17 Empty Re: time is getting short 10/17/2018, 12:52 am

RealLindaL

Sea, best of luck tomorrow (Wed. 10/17)! Looking forward to hearing that you made it to Chi-Town and were able to accept the PRRT. Let us know.

421time is getting short - Page 17 Empty Re: time is getting short 10/17/2018, 5:47 am

PkrBum

PkrBum

RealLindaL wrote:Sea, best of luck tomorrow (Wed. 10/17)!  Looking forward to hearing that you made it to Chi-Town and were able to accept the PRRT.  Let us know.

Same from me. Best wishes.

422time is getting short - Page 17 Empty Re: time is getting short 10/17/2018, 3:18 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

Thinking about you buddy. You're going to feel better in a week... just like last time. Stay positive.

423time is getting short - Page 17 Empty Re: time is getting short 10/17/2018, 9:06 pm

2seaoat

Very difficult medical day at Northwestern. Just barely making it. All Wheel chair visit.......all my nurses were shocked that I was in a wheel chair, but we completed the third prrt treatments which was pure hell. They did cut down on the volume of Amino acid which made the actual pain and throwing up not really an option. They were telling all the participants to get on medical pot as I was the only patient out of 60 who did not throw up, but it was the ten needle sticks by inexperience personnel which even the best research hospital can have some folks who have no business doing a stick. They had to get a tech from the emergency room to do the stick, and he did with one look, quick strap, and thank you.....bam it was in. I could not thank him enough because I was close to walking. MY last treatment is December 14, I definitely will not live that long unless this treatment slow my tumors and hormone levels. I will get the labs monday, but I have finally lost the strength in my legs........I will not be able to pull my self from the chair soon, and we are increasing the visits from hospice. It has been an incredible run which I will forever be thankful, but this is no longer quality of life. Mentally, I am tired of the pain
and see no prognosis in the next four weeks which will change this grim situation. Today, I am thinking clearly.......it is getting difficult because of the liver toxins, but that is my only remaining incentive.......keep my mind clear without opiates to the end. I will try to play poker early next week, but right now I have to spend five days at least four feet away from people.....easy.....I will barely get out of the lazy boy.......so hard to sit up from the chair and the toilet as even with grab bars, I no longer have muscles to assist me pulling up.......how I have lived this long has the doctors scratching their heads....completed another survey, and hope my battle will help others. Cancer is a word that causes folks to often panic, but you can live years with the disease and still have a quality of life, but now it has simply become my time.

424time is getting short - Page 17 Empty Re: time is getting short 10/18/2018, 12:19 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Please consider CBD oil taken sublingually. Purchase without a prescription. Hempworx. My friend uses it. No high from the oil. It broke her pain cycle that was severe and untouched by hydrocodone 10. She was pain free in 15 minutes.

425time is getting short - Page 17 Empty Re: time is getting short 10/18/2018, 12:47 am

PkrBum

PkrBum

I just want to tell you that i love you man. I can't think of anything else to say. Please keep fighting.

Sad

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 33]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 33  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum