Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

time is getting short

+8
EmeraldGhost
Vikingwoman
knothead
Telstar
Floridatexan
Joanimaroni
zsomething
PkrBum
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 23 ... 33  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 33]

301time is getting short - Page 13 Empty Re: time is getting short 8/25/2018, 1:57 pm

2seaoat

I am going to try Ibupropin Sunday morning. I used it yesterday morning and it did reduce the gut and liver pain. Just got my labs and my liver functions are slipping. I meet with the doctor for a scan in late Sept., I am bothered by no hormone results from these tests, but it usually takes an extra week to get the results.

302time is getting short - Page 13 Empty Re: time is getting short 8/25/2018, 2:26 pm

RealLindaL

Can't say much about Ibuprofen -- it never seemed to do much for me -- though I note others here have recommended it.
My husband and I both swear by Aleve for many types of pain, but each to their own, of course.
Just hope you can get some relief soon.
Let us know about the other numbers when they come in. Sorry to hear about the "slipping" liver numbers - rats. Hope it's not precipitous.

303time is getting short - Page 13 Empty Re: time is getting short 8/25/2018, 2:46 pm

2seaoat

I am posting now in my lazy boy under a blanket which is over my head and heats me up. I tried some sherbert to see if it would calm the gut pain.....all it did was send me into uncontrollable shivers. My wife has told me when I am in pain, she can see it on my face. I feel horrible that she has to watch this. We had a wonderful six weeks when the pain was low, but this is beginning to get insufferable with no relief in sight. I have 300 prescribed opiates, but refuse to use them unless I can assure that there will be no constipation. I drank a small can of prune juice and that helped, but an opiate could throw my system off for a week. The battle is my life now, and I have had a bit of a psychological downturn as the nuclear medicine people told me the glowing results in the first infusion, but people after the second are complaining of discomfort. There are four infusions every eight weeks, I am at the half way mark, and I am greatly disappointed from what I read about in Europe. we will see.

304time is getting short - Page 13 Empty Re: time is getting short 8/25/2018, 3:13 pm

RealLindaL

Hadn't heard you mention any negative results in Europe.  You're just now finding out about this, or what?

In any event, Sea, we're all behind you but can't do a thing to help, except maybe to think warm thoughts.  Gonna head out on the deck now to sit in the sun and send some virtual rays your way.    Think beach!  Visualize!  Almost 90 degrees and light southeast winds.... (OK, forget the winds -- just think bake!)

I feel bad for Mrs. Sea but you know you'd stand by her were the roles reversed and she the one in pain.   She'll be OK, as strong as you've told us she is.

Hate that you're having to go through all this, but as long as it still beats the alternative, hope you'll keep on truckin', and stay in close touch.  Much appreciated, I assure you.

305time is getting short - Page 13 Empty Re: time is getting short 8/25/2018, 7:59 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Thinking of you.

306time is getting short - Page 13 Empty Re: time is getting short 8/26/2018, 5:44 pm

2seaoat

Enjoyable party as friends from High school met in my daughter's basement and talked about each other's families. I convinced birthday girl that Chris was a birthday inspector and was there to see if they had a permit to have a birthday on a day which was not her birthday. Then Tom came in and I explained he was from the government tariff department and he was going to inspect each gift to make sure the tariff was paid or he was going to confiscate the gifts.......papa.....what does confiscate mean.

Another wonderful visit was with my Nephew who is going to start with a very prestigious police department in January. He shot up to Number 2 immediately and the Number 1 guy goes to the academy in September an he goes in January. All new hires do mandatory overtime, and a beginning cop with overtime makes over 90k. My brother is upset he is leaving his construction company where he supervised as many as 110 employees on projects. Not too many 33 year olds had that type of experience. He just wants to help the community and I am very proud of his choice. He was always a very calm and even keeled kid. Their daughter just would not leave me alone wanting to play with balloons, then my nephews wife said I look just like my brother and she probably thought I was him.

The liver is failing now. I ate very little and drank less than I should, and could not get off a couch with help. The looks on people's faces when they see a once strong man reduced to an invalid. I would like to celebrate that I am getting stronger, but at this point I think I am approaching the end of this disease and the PRRT is simply too late, but boy did I have a warm and fuzzy day spending it with family.

307time is getting short - Page 13 Empty Re: time is getting short 8/26/2018, 6:01 pm

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:at this point I think I am approaching the end of this disease and the PRRT is simply too late, but boy did I have a warm and fuzzy day spending it with family.

Sadness and joy, joy and sadness - a poignant juxtaposition of emotions that will ever remind me of you.

308time is getting short - Page 13 Empty Re: time is getting short 8/26/2018, 6:28 pm

2seaoat

I have lost over four pounds since Friday at noon. The situation is beginning to spin out of control, but in fairness this is only the fifth day, I really did not feel this bad last time, but my wife reminded me that the last six weeks I have been putting on weight and staying active, where the first treatment came out of already dark times. Her point is it might have been this bad the first time, but I already was wasting away and simply continued as if pain and wasting was normal. Oh well, I weighed myself after using the bathroom and what is coming out of my now is what comes out at the end. I must admit it hurts a little more to have a little hope and then get slammed to the floor, but there are courageous people every day fighting this horrible disease with dignity and courage, and I hope that science can decapitate cancer.

309time is getting short - Page 13 Empty Re: time is getting short 8/26/2018, 9:11 pm

RealLindaL

I like Mrs. Sea's logic. Still, if you're seeing new signs of "the end" approaching, I think that has to be taken seriously.

BTW, did you take the ibuprofen today? That supposedly has some influence on platelet function -- IF you're talking about seeing blood. Just throwing that out there.

Totally get it about being slammed down after being raised up with hope. Sooo hard. As for courage and dignity, no one's got you beat in that department.

Amen on the decapitation, of both cancer and Alzheimer's. At least you won't likely live to suffer that horror, and I do mean horror.

310time is getting short - Page 13 Empty Re: time is getting short 8/26/2018, 11:06 pm

2seaoat

My labs on red and white blood cells was in the normal range. When people look at my labs they just shake their head, but for the liver functions. My wife massaged my legs and feet for about an hour.........the relief is amazing as my entire skin is very sensitive as the liver fails. She made a a great milkshake and added a bunch of heavy cream......delicious and it was about all I ate for the day. This rollercoaster with this downturn has hit hard. I said yes to the poker game thinking I would feel great by now, and they are short players. I hope I will have better days Monday and Tuesday.

311time is getting short - Page 13 Empty Re: time is getting short 8/27/2018, 12:04 am

PkrBum

PkrBum

I just got in from a grueling poker tournament. I got very unlucky with 3 players left my aj

Last edited by PkrBum on 8/27/2018, 7:51 am; edited 1 time in total

312time is getting short - Page 13 Empty Re: time is getting short 8/27/2018, 12:10 am

RealLindaL

What does Mrs. Sea use for massaging? Special type of cream/lotion? SUCH a good wife....

The heavy cream milkshake sounds fabulous and it's great that you apparently kept it down.

So when is this poker game? (Sorry if I missed something earlier on that.) Hope you can make it, but if not, maybe there'll be another one.

313time is getting short - Page 13 Empty Re: time is getting short 8/27/2018, 12:43 am

2seaoat

She mostly massages my wasting thighs, calfs, and feet. It is almost like she is squeezing the toxins out of my wasting muscles. No creams unless my feet show signs of dryness. I had committed to the poker game before Friday when I have experienced a rapid decline. It is not that easy to have a game with only seven, and then somebody drops out. We like to have nine players. We are noticing the dog is acting strange. She sits and just stares at me. Animals have intuition, and I think she sees me suffering and sees the massages. She got this way in Mid June when things first got bad. We think there is a smell with death which animals can sense. We are hopeful that I can regain my strength and weight in the next week, but we realize the literature says that many patients can fight discomfort and pain for two weeks. We have been scratching our heads because we think we saw improvement after a week. Oh well, not able to sleep much and I am hopeful Monday will bring better news.

314time is getting short - Page 13 Empty Re: time is getting short 8/27/2018, 12:57 am

RealLindaL

You never did say when the poker game is, but no matter.

I, too, hope Monday brings better news and less discomfort all around. Really hoping for lowered hormone levels to go with your normal RBC and WBC. Could happen, right? We shall see.

Do wish you could get some better sleep. Won't offer suggestions as I'm sure you've tried them all, including (probably) reading again some of that great childhood book you recently received.

Heading for bed & book myself and sending good vibes over the miles for another Seaoat recovery victory, too bad for the dog's batting average.

Goodnight and good rest,
LL

315time is getting short - Page 13 Empty Re: time is getting short 8/27/2018, 1:12 pm

2seaoat

I am hoping to play poker at 6pm on wed. I doubt I will make it. My brother and his wife have flown up from Arizona and we will be going out for a late lunch before the poker game. My brother is upset with my nephew who ran one of his construction companies and supervised 110 employees. They had gross sales of 27 million a year, and my nephew now lives in a 500k paid for home from his work with the company. My brother cannot understand his son's decision to become a police officer and walk away from millions.

When I spoke with my nephew this weekend, I was so proud. He calmly told me that he was running out of time to become an officer because of age, but he said he wanted to serve the community. He then went further......he said he needed distance from his parents to become closer.......holy chit......this kid has higher level conceptual thinking and a sense of duty. The other thing was being able to spend time with his children, the oldest Lucy spent twenty minutes playing balloon volleyball with the old sick guy sitting on the couch. She played with me for twenty minutes and I was in heaven. I will tell them both that they should be proud parents of a kid which is this kind of class action.

It also did not hurt that all his friends who are police officers who gave compliments to my daughter who for ten years pretty much got to know most officers in the county. The idea that good cops are happy with bad cops around them made my daughter a star in the County. She would not put an officer on the stand who was lying and would dismiss the case.....which these punks tried to take her on.....she at them up and spit them out. She is now a corporate counsel with a larger city where the Police chief insisted that they open an office in Police headquarters where my daughter now has a second office, and she knows every officer in the Department my nephew is starting and he never used her name. My brother and his wife did a great job with this kid/

Health is slipping, but last time I woke up one morning and felt better. I now live for the same and relief from the pain.......it is wearing me down.

316time is getting short - Page 13 Empty Re: time is getting short 8/27/2018, 11:57 pm

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:Health is slipping, but last time I woke up one morning and felt better.  I now live for the same and relief from the pain.......it is wearing me down.

Will sincerely hope that morning is tomorrow.

Meanwhile thanks for sharing the story of your brother and nephew.  I can totally understand both sides of that story -- though of course the nephew has to be not only allowed to go but supported in his effort to heed his calling.  It's his life, after all.

But that's easier said then done sometimes.   Kids are a risky emotional investment as they end up disappointing our own dreams so many times.  It's just part of living with human nature -- our children's and our own.

317time is getting short - Page 13 Empty Re: time is getting short 8/28/2018, 5:55 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Proud of your nephew ... may he be safe in his chosen field.

Seaoat what about the cannibus oil? Maybe it will help.

CBD oil..https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/317221.php

318time is getting short - Page 13 Empty Re: time is getting short 8/30/2018, 3:54 pm

2seaoat

I have a medical pot card.  It is given to terminal patients without fingerprinting if the doc believes you are terminable.  However, it only last a year and I have lived a year now, and under the old law I would need to be fingerprinted.  About six months ago I wrote to all the Illinois state senators and told them that there is something wrong on asking terminal cancer patients and opiod victims to go through one more hurdle in their battle.  The good news is that the law abolishing sick people from having to be fingerprinted has been removed from the statute yesterday as the governor signed the bill and we got a call from the lady at the state who handles terminal patients, so now we are simply sending in the doctor signed form.

I used to take one watermelon gummy a day to knock down bone met pain as it is not very effective against liver pain.  I am now at three to four a day.  I am not throwing up like the other patients, and I am screaming at all those in authority that the laws with pot in general are barbaric and corrupt.  Politicians are listening and the law is changing.

two Norco or two Ibupropen are the only thing which seems to lower the liver pain.   One of the reason I was not going to go back to north Florida this year is the Panhandle is so backward and evil, I could see being arrested for taking my medicine.   We are seriously thinking of getting a Florida card, or just staying in south florida where rational people live and would not even consider chasing after dying cancer patients.

I am going after my House rep who actually is a Republican who is moderate and I agree with mostly, but he blew me off getting medical pot in the Hospital pharmacies and abolishing the current obscene classification for pot.  It is surprising what people can do if they fight for change.  I will not stop until every cancer patient in every state can have dispensed cabinoids which help pain relief and nausea control in dying people.  It is a tough enough battle without stupid people in government making citizen's lives more difficult.

319time is getting short - Page 13 Empty Re: time is getting short 8/30/2018, 4:22 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Stick with it. The laws did to accommodate those with terminal illness and pain.

320time is getting short - Page 13 Empty Re: time is getting short 8/30/2018, 5:24 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

Going to start a big tourn in Chicago in 90 mins. First is usually closer to 20k.

321time is getting short - Page 13 Empty Re: time is getting short 8/30/2018, 5:32 pm

2seaoat

I have been a hell raiser for 66 years. I will stick my nose into government affairs when I am being told they have the RIGHT answer. I am very proud of Rauner signing the bill because I sent a lot of letters. Each of us can make a difference if we believe in common decency and stick to our moral teachings. Powerful people have gone after me my entire life. They fall just as hard as those who are powerless. I remember when as a 13 year old a scoutmaster came up to me with all of his 240 lbs and hit me tossing me like a rag doll ten feet. I got up and got right back in his face and said sir.....that was not necessary. We can change things for the better if we all simply get up and confront the bullies and the immoral who think that power makes right.

322time is getting short - Page 13 Empty Re: time is getting short 8/30/2018, 5:42 pm

2seaoat

Are you playing in Indiana at the horseshoe. I would love to play, but my condition is too advanced for a large tournament. I am looking forward to going out to the quad cities to play in smaller tournaments. Not much pay off, but about all I can handle. Out of fifty last month I came in tenth, but they only paid to five.

I did play last night and was in severe pain the whole time. My wife brought me and waited in the CC parking lot and drove me home after visiting with the daughter and granddaughters......to give you an idea of decline I had to ask what direction to deal the cards. Also, we met a couple who were kayaking who planned a week of kayaking in NW Michigan, and they said the flooding was so bad their reservations got cancelled.

323time is getting short - Page 13 Empty Re: time is getting short 8/30/2018, 9:20 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

Yes... the horseshoe. I'm a top ten stack two hours in. But there are still buy ins for 3 more hours.

324time is getting short - Page 13 Empty Re: time is getting short 8/31/2018, 10:56 am

2seaoat

Some better news from the labs. 40k was the record for interventional radiology, and 80k for all the oncology dept. at Northwestern. It appears the PRRT did succeed in knocking down my hormone levels, but it simply is too late as I struggle with end of the disease issues, but I guess 50k is an improvement, like saying that the second course at dinner on the titanic was very good.

325time is getting short - Page 13 Empty Re: time is getting short 8/31/2018, 12:16 pm

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:I guess 50k is an improvement, like saying that the second course at dinner on the titanic was very good.

Sadly apt analogy, from all you're saying. Do so wish your pain and other struggles could be alleviated without killing you, since, despite any mental decline you've reported, you sure seem pretty darned sharp to me.

Stay with us, Sea, as long as you can, OK?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 33]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 23 ... 33  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum