Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

CRICKETS

+2
Telstar
knothead
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1CRICKETS Empty CRICKETS 1/22/2018, 10:04 am

knothead

knothead

So our forum must be affected by the federal shutdown?

2CRICKETS Empty Re: CRICKETS 1/22/2018, 11:36 am

Telstar

Telstar

CRICKETS Trumps10

3CRICKETS Empty Re: CRICKETS 1/23/2018, 12:58 am

2seaoat

I spent all day talking to water departments, trying to get a return call from an engineer, and the damn garbage company took a message and never called back........I get it......if they get the day off, we do too.

4CRICKETS Empty Re: CRICKETS 1/23/2018, 3:30 pm

zsomething

Crickets are what you'll get if you ask any Republicans about how American trade is going under Trump.

Canada just took over our spot with Japan, thanks to Trump pulling out of the TPP and replacing it with... nothing.

We're losing out on most of the EU now.

The retreat of the United States under Trump has played a big role in this push, Malmstrom says. Countries around the world are desperate for new trading partners, and the EU, confident again after years of economic crisis and Britain’s vote in 2016 to leave the bloc, has eagerly filled the gap.

“We have shown that we have overcome that acute crisis, so many countries are turning to Europe for leadership and for partnership,” said Malmstrom, who will also be in Davos.

“With other countries we are now setting the standards and that is also why it is bad for the U.S. to withdraw because there are standards set now and they will be global.”

This is what America gets when it has a president who caters to America's stupidest most worthless scum. Republicans have no fucking clue how anything works, and now they've got a president as stupid as they are, and we're going to be set back for this, big time. Trump, like them, gets all his ideology from FOX... and FOX's job is creating idiots. Trump doesn't know how the economy works, so he listens to FOX... http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-0316-perry-trade-benefits-20160316-story.htmland this is what we get for it.

Trump left a big gap... and China is stepping in and taking up what we stupidly dropped.

And Germany is stepping in to fill a leadership void Trump left.

Trump's putting the United States on the sidelines and creating opportunities for our competitors, and his moronic fucking scumbag piece-of-shit voters are just waving their pom-poms for it as hard as they can because all they care about is seeing blacks and Mexicans have a bad time. And, of course, getting their heads full of crazy bullshit so they go off trying to shoot people.

The stupidity this country is currently immersed in is infuriating. America's not going to realize exactly how huge a horrible mistake it made for years. Trump's poisoning our world standing in ways that won't start really showing up for a while, but when they do, it's going to throw grease on the skids of our downfall.

5CRICKETS Empty Re: CRICKETS 1/23/2018, 4:43 pm

Deus X

Deus X

zsomething wrote:

This is what America gets when it has a president who caters to America's stupidest most worthless scum.  Republicans have no fucking clue how anything works, and now they've got a president as stupid as they are, and we're going to be set back for this, big time.  Trump, like them, gets all his ideology from FOX... and FOX's job is creating idiots.   Trump doesn't know how the economy works, so he listens to FOX...

Trump left a big gap... and China is stepping in and taking up what we stupidly dropped.

And Germany is stepping in to fill a leadership void Trump left.

Trump's putting the United States on the sidelines and creating opportunities for our competitors, and his moronic fucking scumbag piece-of-shit voters are just waving their pom-poms for it as hard as they can because all they care about is seeing blacks and Mexicans have a bad time.   And, of course, getting their heads full of crazy bullshit so they go off trying to shoot people.

The stupidity this country is currently immersed in is infuriating.  America's not going to realize exactly how huge a horrible mistake it made for years.  Trump's poisoning our world standing in ways that won't start really showing up for a while, but when they do, it's going to throw grease on the skids of our downfall.

I'd just like to point something out. The U.S. has the most powerful military and the largest economy in the world.

We have 10 nuclear-powered super-carrier strike groups, no other country has  more than three--maybe four, depending on how you count.

We have the largest economy in the world. China is catching up, yes, but they have three times as many people and the U.S. economy is still half-again larger. Our per capita GDP is almost 4 times larger, roughly $53,000 vs $14,000--in other words, their people are much poorer than ours.

The U.S. ain't going anywhere soon, we'll shake off the Trump-effect like a wet dog.

6CRICKETS Empty Re: CRICKETS 1/23/2018, 4:48 pm

RealLindaL

Even though I'd rather hear crickets than what zsomething said, I'm very sadly certain that he's spot on.

7CRICKETS Empty Re: CRICKETS 1/23/2018, 5:07 pm

knothead

knothead

RealLindaL wrote:Even though I'd rather hear crickets than what zsomething said, I'm very sadly certain that he's spot on.  

I agree with you. zsomething said largely what I too feel. The damage will be felt over a large spectrum, i.e., trade policies to a host of deregulation(s) and these wholesale changes will shift the world order against Amrica's interest.I particularly liked z's depiction of the FOX News effect, they create idiots and sadly I know many of these poor souls eho have their head completely stucky up their butts . . . . foolish!

8CRICKETS Empty Re: CRICKETS 1/23/2018, 5:30 pm

zsomething

Deus X wrote:

I'd just like to point something out. The U.S. has the most powerful military and the largest economy in the world.

We have 10 nuclear-powered super-carrier strike groups, no other country has  more than three--maybe four, depending on how you count.

We have the largest economy in the world. China is catching up, yes, but they have three times as many people and the U.S. economy is still half-again larger. Our per capita GDP is almost 4 times larger, roughly $53,000 vs $14,000--in other words, their people are much poorer than ours.

The U.S. ain't going anywhere soon, we'll shake off the Trump-effect like a wet dog.

There's truth in that, and I hope shaking it off will be that easy.  All the protests against Trump are helping show other countries that a lot of us think the guy's a scumbag... and that'll help preserve a lot of the good will.  Still, we'll have a lot of ground to make up.  The sooner we get started on it, the better.  Like, 2018...

9CRICKETS Empty Re: CRICKETS 1/23/2018, 5:39 pm

knothead

knothead

zsomething wrote:
Deus X wrote:

There's truth in that, and I hope shaking it off will be that easy.  All the protests against Trump are helping show other countries that a lot of us think the guy's a scumbag... and that'll help preserve a lot of the good will.  Still, we'll have a lot of ground to make up.  The sooner we get started on it, the better.  Like, 2018...

cheers cheers cheers

10CRICKETS Empty Re: CRICKETS 1/23/2018, 8:48 pm

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/01/23/bid-save-manufacturing-jobs-trump-signs-tariffs-washing-machines-solar-cells/1058293001/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2018/01/09/white-house-confirms-trump-to-attend-davos-gathering-synonymous-with-wealth-and-power/?utm_term=.080c742808cb

http://fortune.com/2018/01/16/trump-xi-china-trade-deficit/

11CRICKETS Empty Re: CRICKETS 1/23/2018, 9:46 pm

zsomething

http://www.execreview.com/2018/01/trumps-tariffs-on-panels-will-cost-us-solar-industry-thousands-of-jobs/

But solar installers warned that the tariff, which will reduce to 15% within four years, will cost US jobs rather than protect them.

The Solar Energy Industries Association said 23,000 jobs would be lost in 2018, pointing out that most solar manufacturing in the US revolves around making parts for cheaper imported panels, rather than the cells and panels themselves.

The installation of panels accounts for around 130,000 further jobs.

“It boggles my mind that this president – any president, really – would voluntarily choose to damage one of the fastest-growing segments of our economy,” said Tony Clifford, chief development officer of Standard Solar, which finances and installs panels.

Bill Vietas, president of RBI Solar, which makes mounting systems for panels, added: “The US solar manufacturing sector has been growing as our industry has surged over the past five years.

“Government tariffs will increase the cost of solar and depress demand, which will reduce the orders we’re getting and cost manufacturing workers their jobs.”

As for the other links, telling other countries "America first!" isn't policy... nor is it going to get you a good deal. Other countries want to know what you're going to do for them... they don't give a fuck about you. This is like Trump yelling at the President of Mexico that "if you don't pay for the wall, I'll look bad!" I know it's hard for a narcissist to understand, but... nobody gives a flying fuck if he looks bad or not, they're not going to do anything for him just so he won't be embarrassed.

Also from one of those links:

“What the heck is Trump doing at Davos?” said MIT economist David Autor, who has been to Davos many times and is on several panels this year discussing his work on the impact of robots and trade on jobs. “Trump made fun of Davos. This is exactly the crowd he doesn’t want to talk to.”

Autor said he hopes Trump gets the message from business and global leaders at Davos that the more America withdraws from the world and pursues “America first” policies, “the vacuum that will be created will be filled by China.

I guess you're trying to assist me, Pkr, but I honestly don't need your fucking help, or anything else from you. You're the last person I'd have on my side, Nazi.

12CRICKETS Empty Re: CRICKETS 1/23/2018, 10:22 pm

Telstar

Telstar

zsomething wrote:

I guess you're trying to assist me, Pkr, but I honestly don't need your fucking help, or anything else from you.   You're the last person I'd have on my side, Nazi.

cheers cheers cheers lol!

13CRICKETS Empty Re: CRICKETS 1/24/2018, 1:59 am

RealLindaL

knothead wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:Even though I'd rather hear crickets than what zsomething said, I'm very sadly certain that he's spot on.  

I agree with you.  zsomething said largely what I too feel.  The damage will be felt over a large spectrum, i.e., trade policies to a host of deregulation(s) and  these wholesale changes will shift the world order against Amrica's interest.I particularly liked z's depiction of the FOX News effect, they create idiots and sadly I know many of these poor souls eho have their head completely stucky up their butts . . . . foolish!  

In this house we turn to Fox News every now and again just to see what's being said. Every single time it's as if we stepped off the earth and onto an entirely different planet. Un-blanking-believable idiocy.

14CRICKETS Empty Re: CRICKETS 1/24/2018, 2:19 am

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:
knothead wrote:

I agree with you.  zsomething said largely what I too feel.  The damage will be felt over a large spectrum, i.e., trade policies to a host of deregulation(s) and  these wholesale changes will shift the world order against Amrica's interest.I particularly liked z's depiction of the FOX News effect, they create idiots and sadly I know many of these poor souls eho have their head completely stucky up their butts . . . . foolish!  

In this house we turn to Fox News every now and again just to see what's being said.  Every single time it's as if we stepped off the earth and onto an entirely different planet.  Un-blanking-believable idiocy.

Watching Fox News Pravda without a bag over your head is like going to a republican town hall without a bag full of rotten tomatoes.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum