Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The consensus for Trump among dixiecrats may be changing

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

I was appalled by the East River Smokehouse on 98 in Navarre covered with Trump signs after the election. People take the signs down after an election, but when a business has a political sign up, it is assumed the same is good for business. In the Panhandle a business with a trump sign was considered good business. Inside they only showed Fox News and sporting events.

Well, I was shocked to see the Trump signs gone, and on their largest wall they had two tvs side by side with one tv on Fox, but the shock was the other tv was on MSNBC. So in real time you were able to watch the two propaganda networks spew their nonsense and agenda. The very idea that this was on is an indication that customers must have told them they were not going to return with the trump signs. When the trump signs were up over this last year, we found the place mostly empty. However, Friday night the parking lot was full. I think there are a lot of panhandle folks who have had it with Trump and let a business know if you are going to put up signs you do not need our business. That is the way I felt as we used to frequent the old location, but since the Trump signs, not so much the new location. The best part is people actually were watching a network they did not like.....one way or the other.

I've noticed the bumper stickers are becoming few and far between.

Soon... No one will admit ever voting for the deplorable bastard.

2seaoat

The truth is my Alabamian family had some really good people, and I was surprised that my oldest cousin was quite vocal about being opposed to Moore. There is such a silent mob pressure living in the south. It is a force for blind conformity. How Trump got this silent peer pressure to support his campaign still has me confused, but when it comes to racial politics, it is lock step conformity, and Trump quit using a dog whistle and just started blurting racist chit which sealed the deal. The problem is that good people recognize scum bags, and over time his conduct does matter. When he looks down on people with a silver spoon stuck up his asz and a mother who was a domestic servant......I am sorry.....people stop buying into the racist chit and want this POS gone.

2seaoat

I needed to bump this thread for the illiterate who do not bother to read threads, and then think they gotcha...........because you watched fox and msnbc.

Deus X

Deus X

2seaoat wrote:I needed to bump this thread for the illiterate who do not bother to read threads, and then think they gotcha...........because you watched fox and msnbc.

Many much out loud laughings!

It wasn't a gotcha, it was a joke, you idiot!  The inability to recognize humor is a pretty good indicator of dimwittedness. Truly serious people don't take themselves so seriously.

2seaoat

Truly serious people don't take themselves so seriously.

That makes sense.

Deus X

Deus X

2seaoat wrote:Truly serious people don't take themselves so seriously.

That makes sense.

The defense rests.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:The truth is my Alabamian family had some really good people, and I was surprised that my oldest cousin was quite vocal about being opposed to Moore.  There is such a silent mob pressure living in the south.  It is a force for blind conformity.  How Trump got this silent peer pressure to support his campaign still has me confused, but when it comes to racial politics, it is lock step conformity, and Trump quit using a dog whistle and just started blurting racist chit which sealed the deal.   The problem is that good people recognize scum bags, and over time his conduct does matter.  When he looks down on people with a silver spoon stuck up his asz and a mother who was a domestic servant......I am sorry.....people stop buying into the racist chit and want this POS gone.  

I left my friend of 40 years sitting on my porch after he said Ted Nugent was a patriot. I unfriended my brother 2 days before his birthday. My supposed friend since 3rd grade unfriended me because I spoke out about Trump during the election. At this point, I don't know what else to do besides stand in the street. Nothing will stop him otherwise, unless Mueller completes his investigation. These, hopefully, are the dark days before the dawn.

2seaoat

I think it will come down to Russian money laundering. Bannon all but suggested the same.

Telstar

Telstar

[quote="Floridatexan"]
2seaoat wrote:

I left my friend of 40 years sitting on my porch after he said Ted Nugent was a patriot.  I unfriended my brother 2 days before his birthday.  My supposed friend since 3rd grade unfriended me because I spoke out about Trump during the election.  At this point, I don't know what else to do besides stand in the street.  Nothing will stop him otherwise, unless Mueller completes his investigation.  These, hopefully, are the dark days before the dawn.

Amazed at the support he has in the shithole states and his own home town wouldn't shed a tear if a bolt of lightning struck the bastard in his ass. Twisted Evil

zsomething

The business is probably just hedging their bets, because most people don't like Trump much. Anybody who's counting on just the business from Trump supporters is really going to starve. (Even faster if what they're selling is books! Wink )

I used to work at a radio station. It was classic rock when I started, but after a few format changes, for a while we went to talk radio. We used to run Rush Limbaugh and Dr. Laura. This was before Dr. Laura became a total right-wing moron, but she was still pretty insufferable. Dealing with Rush's people was the worst. They'd spread racist jokes on the phone and tell our program director stories about how they'd gone to the door of some "Jew bastard" who tried to get their show off the air, that kind of stuff. Nobody working at the station liked it, but, a job's a job. Anyway, the ratings were good, because it's Mississippi -- the people here love 'em some Rush brainwashing. But despite the ratings, ad sales were zero. Local business owners loved Limbaugh, but they wouldn't buy ads on his show because they were afraid they'd lose more business than they got. They knew the guy was a slimebag and they didn't want the world to know they liked him... even in Mississippi.

The advertising breaks on nationally syndicated shows have something called "local avails." Some of the ads you hear are national ads that come down with the satellite feed, and all across the country they get the same ads, for Snapple or whoever advertised the show. The local avails were filled with local advertising, for grocery stores, car washes, whatever. We always had to fill them with public service announcements because not one local advertiser wanted his ads to appear on that show.

People would buy ads during Dr. Laura and stuff. Ads for our AM sports talk channel sold like crazy. But not one would buy into Limbaugh's show.

That's likely what's happening with the local businesses taking down their signs... they're scared of losing business.

Telstar

Telstar

zsomething wrote:The business is probably just hedging their bets, because most people don't like Trump much.  Anybody who's counting on just the business from Trump supporters is really going to starve.  (Even faster if what they're selling is books! Wink )

I used to work at a radio station.  It was classic rock when I started, but after a few format changes, for a while we went to talk radio.  We used to run Rush Limbaugh and Dr. Laura.  This was before Dr. Laura became a total right-wing moron, but she was still pretty insufferable.  Dealing with Rush's people was the worst.  They'd spread racist jokes on the phone and tell our program director stories about how they'd gone to the door of some "Jew bastard" who tried to get their show off the air, that kind of stuff.   Nobody working at the station liked it, but, a job's a job.  Anyway, the ratings were good, because it's Mississippi -- the people here love 'em some Rush brainwashing.  But despite the ratings, ad sales were zero.  Local business owners loved Limbaugh, but they wouldn't buy ads on his show because they were afraid they'd lose more business than they got.  They knew the guy was a slimebag and they didn't want the world to know they liked him... even in Mississippi.  

The advertising breaks on nationally syndicated shows have something called "local avails."  Some of the ads you hear are national ads that come down with the satellite feed, and all across the country they get the same ads, for Snapple or whoever advertised the show.  The local avails were filled with local advertising, for grocery stores, car washes, whatever.  We always had to fill them with public service announcements because not one local advertiser wanted his ads to appear on that show.

People would buy ads during Dr. Laura and stuff.  Ads for our AM sports talk channel sold like crazy.  But not one would buy into Limbaugh's show.

That's likely what's happening with the local businesses taking down their signs... they're scared of losing business.

Sponsor boycotts work. Is Rush still the leader of conservatives?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I know why the South went Republican, but I have a theory about people who identify as Republican today. They think association will make them rich, or other people will think they have money, or they'll get faster promotions at work for voting Republican. I remember being not so subtly pressured to vote for Reagan right after I moved to Pensacola. Out of about 40-50 employees, there was one black man...the janitor.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum