Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Orwellian press conference

+4
Telstar
RealLindaL
EmeraldGhost
2seaoat
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Orwellian press conference Empty Orwellian press conference 12/19/2017, 5:43 pm

2seaoat

First, I fully believe that Sarah has an IQ around 105. She went to a religious college where academics may have not been a strong point, but when she was asked if the president will benefit from the tax cuts, she said yes on his business returns, but that he would be hurt on the personal side. WTF. Not one press question followed which asked the simple question, how can the President's personal taxes be hurt when the top bracket is being reduced under the bill. I think part of the problem in America is a press which does not listen.....they come in with their question, but lack the intelligence to follow up properly with questions when an obvious lie has been told. Shame on all of them. This give away from our debt to the wealthy is not American.

2Orwellian press conference Empty Re: Orwellian press conference 12/19/2017, 9:07 pm

2seaoat

Believe me this is going to hit me hard. The tax bill is going to hurt me.

what a pathological liar with his dumb dumb parroting complete nonsense at news conferences. I have lived too long. This world is f'ing upside down. right is wrong. I want to vomit when Sanders talks, and look for somebody to hit my head with a shovel when the President says......believe me.......geez.....can I have another whack.

3Orwellian press conference Empty Re: Orwellian press conference 12/19/2017, 10:10 pm

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Palin?   Palin who?   Oh, that Sarah Palin .... isn't she all like in the tabloids nowadays?  And does she still have that reality teevee show about living in Alaska?   Does she have any great grandkids yet?

Oh ... wait, you're talking about Sarah Huckabee-Sanders, I see. She's not that good looking one, right?

Well, anyway, if you wanna talk about the conservative Republican pro domme of the hour with the power ... and a great tan to boot ("where, does she winter?"), this week's award's gotta go to Nikki Haley for balls, er uh chutzpah, if nothing else !    Laughing   Laughing  
(I laugh because it keeps me from being terrified!  )

4Orwellian press conference Empty Re: Orwellian press conference 12/19/2017, 10:28 pm

2seaoat

I think of the fraud of Huckabee.  The apple did not fall far from the tree.  There are humans who do not know what it is like to work for a living and patronage is their world.  My daughter just got offered a position as Corporate Counsel with a large city with a 40% wage increase, yet she is uncomfortable in the mayor's personnel person......he wants allegiance, and my daughter is a licensed attorney who will be conducting housing court, forfeitures, and condemnations which should not have any political input.   She is a good Republican bot just like I was, but she is bothered by this whole political bs.  Huckabee and his daughter have lived off quid pro quo.

Last edited by 2seaoat on 12/20/2017, 1:00 am; edited 1 time in total

5Orwellian press conference Empty Re: Orwellian press conference 12/19/2017, 11:47 pm

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

2seaoat wrote:I think of the fraud of Huckabee.  The apple did not fall far from the tree.  There are humans who do not know what it is like to work for a living and patronage is there world.  My daughter just got offered a position as Corporate Counsel with a large city with a 40% wage increase, yet she is uncomfortable in the mayor's personnel person......he wants allegiance, and my daughter is a licensed attorney who will be conducting housing court, forfeitures, and condemnations which should not have any political input.   She is a good Republican bot just like I was, but she is bothered by this whole political bs.  Huckabee and his daughter have lived off quid pro quo.

If it's good enough for Hillary, Ivanka, and Scott Eastwood .... well, I guess it oughta be good enough for Sarah too, no?

6Orwellian press conference Empty Re: Orwellian press conference 12/20/2017, 1:01 am

2seaoat

Sarah's only future in my mind is a stay at home mom. Her lies are just an absolute bar to her working for a legitimate news organization post White House, or a bar to working in government.....ooooooops......I forgot the new Trump standard.

7Orwellian press conference Empty Re: Orwellian press conference 12/20/2017, 2:05 am

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote: This world is f'ing upside down.  right is wrong.  I want to vomit when Sanders talks, and look for somebody to hit my head with a shovel when the President says......believe me.......geez.....can I have another whack.

My feelings EXACTLY.

8Orwellian press conference Empty Re: Orwellian press conference 12/20/2017, 2:14 am

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:
2seaoat wrote: This world is f'ing upside down.  right is wrong.  I want to vomit when Sanders talks, and look for somebody to hit my head with a shovel when the President says......believe me.......geez.....can I have another whack.

My feelings EXACTLY.

If you want to lead the country in a better direction you can start by turning Florida blue. Republicans are a cancer that needs to be cut away.

9Orwellian press conference Empty Re: Orwellian press conference 12/20/2017, 9:14 am

PkrBum

PkrBum

2seaoat wrote:Sarah's only future in my mind is a stay at home mom.

SEXIST..!!

10Orwellian press conference Empty Re: Orwellian press conference 12/20/2017, 10:48 am

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Not many are fooled by all the lies. Hopefully it will translate into votes for reasonable people in 2018.

American voter opinions of most Trump qualities remain negative:
58 - 37 percent that he is not honest;
59 - 38 percent that he does not have good leadership skills;
59 - 39 percent that he does not care about average Americans;
65 - 30 percent that he is not level headed;
58 - 39 percent that he is a strong person;
55 - 41 percent that he is intelligent;
62 - 34 percent that he does not share their values.

https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2500

11Orwellian press conference Empty Re: Orwellian press conference 12/20/2017, 11:20 am

Telstar

Telstar

Puerto Rico governor vows to make Florida Republicans pay for supporting tax bill

For weeks, Puerto Rican Gov. Ricardo Rosselló and his associates tried to play the Washington game, meeting with politicians and lobbyists across Capitol Hill to argue against provisions in the tax overhaul bill that treat the U.S. territory like a foreign country.

But having failed to force a change, Rosselló is changing tactics now that the Republican tax overhaul bill is headed toward a final vote. Rosselló said Florida Republicans will pay at the ballot box in 2018 due to their support of a bill that he says hurts Puerto Rico in its time of need.

"Everything is on the table," Rosselló said. "We will analyze those who turned their back on Puerto Rico, who passed a bill that goes against the spirit of the law."

Thousands of Puerto Ricans have moved to Florida since Hurricane Maria knocked out power to the entire territory in September, and Rosselló said that the new tax bill will cause thousands more to relocate when jobs dry up on the island.

http://www.tampabay.com/florida-politics/buzz/2017/12/19/puerto-rico-governor-vows-to-make-florida-republicans-pay-for-supporting-tax-bill/

12Orwellian press conference Empty Re: Orwellian press conference 12/20/2017, 11:32 am

gatorfan

Telstar wrote:Puerto Rico governor vows to make Florida Republicans pay for supporting tax bill

For weeks, Puerto Rican Gov. Ricardo Rosselló and his associates tried to play the Washington game, meeting with politicians and lobbyists across Capitol Hill to argue against provisions in the tax overhaul bill that treat the U.S. territory like a foreign country.

But having failed to force a change, Rosselló is changing tactics now that the Republican tax overhaul bill is headed toward a final vote. Rosselló said Florida Republicans will pay at the ballot box in 2018 due to their support of a bill that he says hurts Puerto Rico in its time of need.

"Everything is on the table," Rosselló said. "We will analyze those who turned their back on Puerto Rico, who passed a bill that goes against the spirit of the law."

Thousands of Puerto Ricans have moved to Florida since Hurricane Maria knocked out power to the entire territory in September, and Rosselló said that the new tax bill will cause thousands more to relocate when jobs dry up on the island.

http://www.tampabay.com/florida-politics/buzz/2017/12/19/puerto-rico-governor-vows-to-make-florida-republicans-pay-for-supporting-tax-bill/

What a joke. Puerto Rico was in major trouble before the hurricane - no jobs, government corruption, and a host of other issues. So now they want to make threats? Who cares, we need to speed up help for the average citizens there and tell their corrupt government officials to take a hike. That's the ONLY way to get the population as a whole back on their feet as we are morally and legally required to do.

13Orwellian press conference Empty Re: Orwellian press conference 12/20/2017, 12:26 pm

Telstar

Telstar

gatorfan wrote:
Telstar wrote:Puerto Rico governor vows to make Florida Republicans pay for supporting tax bill

What a joke. Puerto Rico was in major trouble before the hurricane - no jobs, government corruption, and a host of other issues. So now they want to make threats? Who cares, we need to speed up help for the average citizens there and tell their corrupt government officials to take a hike. That's the ONLY way to get the population as a whole back on their feet as we are morally and legally required to do.

Must suck to know that even Puerto Rico knows that Florida is one big shit hole.

14Orwellian press conference Empty Re: Orwellian press conference 12/20/2017, 9:02 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Here's a bit from an article about how Puerto Rico got into debt. It is not a simple matter and involves US tax policy, corporations and banks, who knew? What a surprise. It is not as simple as it may look at first glance.

The tax breaks Puerto Rico's economy depended on are gone
After World War II, as the rest of the US was going through the post-war economic boom, the federal government sought to modernize Puerto Rico's largely agricultural colonial economy and bring industry and manufacturing to the island though various tax breaks.

A 1976 tax break basically created a tax loophole by which US manufacturers could get away with paying almost no income taxes on the island. This led to a massive influx of businesses, particularly in the pharmaceutical industry, to relocate to Puerto Rico and jumpstart its industrial economy.

The effort paid off, and Puerto Rico's economy flourished. But it also contributed the federal government's tax deficit in the 1980s and '90s, leading Congress to repeal the 1976 tax break in 1996. By the time the law was totally phased out by 2006, nearly all the American businesses that flocked to the island had gone, and Puerto Rico's economy had gone into freefall — 2005 was the last year the island experienced economic growth. And that was before the Great Recession, which decimated the economy further.

http://www.businessinsider.com/puerto-rico-debt-2017-10

15Orwellian press conference Empty Re: Orwellian press conference 12/20/2017, 10:00 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

EmeraldGhost wrote:Palin?   Palin who?   Oh, that Sarah Palin .... isn't she all like in the tabloids nowadays?  And does she still have that reality teevee show about living in Alaska?   Does she have any great grandkids yet?

Oh ... wait, you're talking about Sarah Huckabee-Sanders,  I see.  She's not that good looking one, right?

Well, anyway, if you wanna talk about the conservative Republican pro domme of the hour with the power ... and a great tan to boot ("where, does she winter?"), this week's award's gotta go to Nikki Haley for balls, er uh chutzpah, if nothing else !    Laughing   Laughing  

I just saw a Palin story...don't care to look it up...her oldest son beat up dad.

16Orwellian press conference Empty Re: Orwellian press conference 12/20/2017, 11:12 pm

Telstar

Telstar

Floridatexan wrote:
EmeraldGhost wrote:Palin?   Palin who?   Oh, that Sarah Palin .... isn't she all like in the tabloids nowadays?  And does she still have that reality teevee show about living in Alaska?   Does she have any great grandkids yet?

Oh ... wait, you're talking about Sarah Huckabee-Sanders,  I see.  She's not that good looking one, right?

I just saw a Palin story...don't care to look it up...her oldest son beat up dad.

Sarah Palin's oldest son charged with beating up his father

Washington (CNN)Sarah Palin's oldest son beat up his father this weekend, according to court records.

The incident happened at the Palin home in Wasilla, Alaska, where Track Palin bloodied his father, Todd, in a dispute over a truck, according to court records.

The 28-year-old was arrested on three charges, including assault, after the incident Saturday. The dispute began when he called to say he wanted to come get the truck, and his father refused, according to court documents.
Track Palin was arrested on charges of first-degree burglary, fourth-degree assault and fourth-degree criminal mischief, and his father suffered injuries to his face and head, the court filing shows.

Track Palin called the officers on the scene "peasants" and told them to abandon their weapons when they attempted to communicate with him, the documents say. At one point, he got onto the garage roof before eventually being detained, the court filing says.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/18/politics/track-palin-arrested-domestic-violence/index.html

17Orwellian press conference Empty Re: Orwellian press conference 12/21/2017, 2:58 am

2seaoat

Puerto Rico has American citizens moving to Florida. Get their residency and vote. Two hundred thousand PRs turns Florida solidly blue. Game, set, match. It is not by accident.

18Orwellian press conference Empty Re: Orwellian press conference 12/21/2017, 10:04 am

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

2seaoat wrote:Puerto Rico has American citizens moving to Florida.  Get their residency and vote.  Two hundred thousand PRs turns Florida solidly blue.  Game, set, match.  It is not by accident.

This will bite the Republicans. Nothing like a catastrophe to mobilize voters. They will be Democrats forever.

Puerto Rico Governor Ricardo Rosselló has a message for Washington.

Prior to the Republican tax bill passage, the governor told Politico that the legislation would falter Puerto Rico’s already ailing economy as residents are still dealing with a crippling infrastructure and lack of power and water three months after Hurricane Maria. As a result, he’s intent on mobilizing 5.3 million Puerto Ricans living in mainland U.S. to change the political landscape during the midterm elections next year.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/5-3-million-puerto-ricans-235757485.html?.tsrc=jtc_news_index

19Orwellian press conference Empty Re: Orwellian press conference 12/21/2017, 10:35 am

2seaoat

SEXIST..!!

In this regard I am most certainly am. The woman has no talent. The woman has no education. The woman is a patronage worker without skills or integrity. She has three kids who do not care that their mother is a incompetent joke. America however does care.

20Orwellian press conference Empty Re: Orwellian press conference 12/21/2017, 12:37 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

2seaoat wrote:SEXIST..!!

In this regard I am most certainly am.  The woman has no talent.  The woman has no education.  The woman is a patronage worker without skills or integrity.  She has three kids who do not care that their mother is a incompetent joke.  America however does care.

You deserve a lawsuit that stripes everything you've worked for from your family.

21Orwellian press conference Empty Re: Orwellian press conference 12/21/2017, 12:48 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:

In this regard I am most certainly am.  The woman has no talent.  The woman has no education.  The woman is a patronage worker without skills or integrity.  She has three kids who do not care that their mother is a incompetent joke.  America however does care.

You deserve a lawsuit that stripes everything you've worked for from your family.

"...stripes..."? WTH? You deserve a broomstick in an inconspicuous place.

22Orwellian press conference Empty Re: Orwellian press conference 12/21/2017, 5:55 pm

Telstar

Telstar

Floridatexan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

"...stripes..."?  WTH?  You deserve a broomstick in an inconspicuous place.

His ear? Shoving it in one and out the other wouldn't damage any vital organs in his case. Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum