Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hey, PkrBoy, d'ya like apples?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hey, PkrBoy, d'ya like apples? Empty Hey, PkrBoy, d'ya like apples? 11/7/2017, 10:40 pm

Deus X

Deus X

Democrats Notch Big Wins in Virginia and New Jersey

Tuesday delivered a string of high-profile victories for Democrats in gubernatorial races. Democrat Ralph Northam won the Virginia governor’s race in what had become a nail-biter of a contest, defeating Republican Ed Gillespie in the election to replace outgoing Democratic governor Terry McAuliffe. In New Jersey, Democrat Phil Murphy prevailed in the race to replace Republican governor Chris Christie, an expected victory over Republican Kim Guadagno.
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/11/live-results-virginia-new-jersey-governors-race/545201/

How ya like THEM apples?

It looks like you and your racist-dog-whistle ilk are going DOWN!

Hey, PkrBoy, d'ya like apples? Apples10

zsomething

Give Republicans time... they're slow, but the feeling of, "Wow, America really hates us and thinks we're a bunch of assholes" will sink in eventually. Probably be around this time next year. With a bigger and better sequel in 2020. Last night was just a trailer for the big feature.

The right made too much of a squeak-by electoral-college win, got a little too smug, felt a little too accepted, and thought it was safe to bring their Nazis out and let 'em wave their flags in the streets, gave us all a real good look at what their party is actually offering. Turns out most of the country doesn't like that. And now comes the backlash, and it's going to come hard. And they deserve every bit of it for putting that fucking headcase clown in the White House and embarrassing the nation.

Deus X

Deus X

zsomething wrote:Give Republicans time... they're slow, but the feeling of, "Wow, America really hates us and thinks we're a bunch of assholes" will sink in eventually.  Probably be around this time next year.   With a bigger and better sequel in 2020.  Last night was just a trailer for the big feature.

The right made too much of a squeak-by electoral-college win, got a little too smug, felt a little too accepted, and thought it was safe to bring their Nazis out and let 'em wave their flags in the streets, gave us all a real good look at what their party is actually offering.   Turns out most of the country doesn't like that.  And now comes the backlash, and it's going to come hard.  And they deserve every bit of it for putting that fucking headcase clown in the White House and embarrassing the nation.

I wouldn't go counting them chickens just yet, this opera's far from over. One big terrorist incident, especially one involving immigrants, and all bets are off--although things ARE looking better.

zsomething

Deus X wrote:

I wouldn't go counting them chickens just yet, this opera's far from over. One big terrorist incident, especially one involving immigrants, and all bets are off--although things ARE looking better.

True, I'm taking nothing for granted... but I'm not sure even terrorists can save this president. He's been revealed as weak and incompetent, and it's gonna be hard to take that stank off.

In any case, the Dems should definitely keep working at it. The enemy is bleeding out, so keep 'em too busy to tend to the wound. Smile The fact that the Repubs are about to have to fight for Alabama should terrify them about the state Trump has left that party in.

Deus X

Deus X

zsomething wrote:
In any case, the Dems should definitely keep working at it.  The enemy is bleeding out, so keep 'em too busy to tend to the wound. Smile  The fact that the Repubs are about to have to fight for Alabama should terrify them about the state Trump has left that party in.

The enemy is bleeding out so put the boot to 'em is what I say.

Why do you think Alabama might be in play? Alabama, that's George Wallace country! You really think the Dem can beat Moore?

zsomething

Deus X wrote:
zsomething wrote:
In any case, the Dems should definitely keep working at it.  The enemy is bleeding out, so keep 'em too busy to tend to the wound. Smile  The fact that the Repubs are about to have to fight for Alabama should terrify them about the state Trump has left that party in.

The enemy is bleeding out so put the boot to 'em is what I say.

Why do you think Alabama might be in play? Alabama, that's George Wallace country! You really think the Dem can beat Moore?

Yeah, Alabama's a tough sell for Dems, but Roy Moore is crazy enough to scare even a lot of Trump fans. The radicalized right-wing-version-of-Christians have gotten so overbearing down here that there's a backlash building. And Roy Moore is full-blown TEA-liban theocrat. I think if the Dems can get out a message that their candidate is reasonable, it might be seen as enough of an alternative that Alabamans just might go for it. And there actually are a lot of Democrats in the deep South -- they just don't bother voting a lot of the time because they don't think there's much chance of winning. If there seems to be a chance -- and to keep Moore out -- it'll energize the Dems to get the vote out.

If the Dem candidate just runs as being "anti-Trump," though, I don't think it'll work out as well. Alabama isn't crazy about Moore, but they're still pro-Trump for the most part. If Doug Jones can get just the right message out, he just might flip 'Bama. It's not something I'd bet the farm on, but I might send him a contribution or two...

bigdog

I don't think Roy Moore even has to campaign in Alabama to win. Alabama is a lost cause, maybe forever. I'm still glad I was born this side of the border.

I'm very afraid Terry McAuliffe may have left the governor's office to run for POTUS in 2020. He's an attractive candidate to Democrats, but I think he'd be a disaster as a general election candidate. He suffers from a lack of likability like nobody in politics I can think of except the present POTUS. Or maybe Ted Cruz.

I'm happy a Dem took over from him though, that's for sure.

zsomething

Moore may be taking Alabama for granted a little too much. He's already (cowardly) refused to debate Jones.. probably because he knows he'd get his clock cleaned.

Yeah, there is a lot of stubborn'n'stupid to overcome in Alabama, but, the old-fart conservatives are dying off, and the generation replacing them is more liberal... eventually, attrition will wear conservatism away, because even the most mule-headed people have to be admitting that it's really not working worth a damn in the states that try it. Conservatives will always have the assholes who are there because of hate for everything that's not white-straight-male-Christian-and-dumb, but Republicans who are a little more open-minded are figuring out they really don't have a home in the GOP anymore. It'll fade. I don't know if it's at the point where Jones can win yet or not, though. I do think it's worth the Democrats throwing some money into the fight, though. Moore is vulnerable.

Deus X

Deus X

zsomething wrote:  Moore is vulnerable.

I'll say! As if in response to this thread, the gods of fate and chance just intervened. Read this:

Woman says Roy Moore initiated sexual encounter when she was 14, he was 32

Leigh Corfman says she was 14 years old when an older man approached her outside a courtroom in Etowah County, Ala. She was sitting on a wooden bench with her mother, they both recall, when the man introduced himself as Roy Moore.

It was early 1979 and Moore — now the Republican nominee in Alabama for a U.S. Senate seat — was a 32-year-old assistant district attorney. He struck up a conversation, Corfman and her mother say, and offered to watch the girl while her mother went inside for a child custody hearing.

“He said, ‘Oh, you don’t want her to go in there and hear all that. I’ll stay out here with her,’ ” says Corfman’s mother, Nancy Wells, 71. “I thought, how nice for him to want to take care of my little girl.”

Alone with Corfman, Moore chatted with her and asked for her phone number, she says. Days later, she says, he picked her up around the corner from her house in Gadsden, drove her about 30 minutes to his home in the woods, told her how pretty she was and kissed her. On a second visit, she says, he took off her shirt and pants and removed his clothes. He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear.

Two of Corfman’s childhood friends say she told them at the time that she was seeing an older man, and one says Corfman identified the man as Moore. Wells says her daughter told her about the encounter more than a decade later, as Moore was becoming more prominent as a local judge.

Aside from Corfman, three other women interviewed by The Washington Post in recent weeks say Moore pursued them when they were between the ages of 16 and 18 and he was in his early 30s, episodes they say they found flattering at the time, but troubling as they got older. None of the women say that Moore forced them into any sort of relationship or sexual contact.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/woman-says-roy-moore-initiated-sexual-encounter-when-she-was-14-he-was-32/2017/11/09/1f495878-c293-11e7-afe9-4f60b5a6c4a0_story.html?utm_term=.7e8e13b5af98

zsomething

Well, now that Roy Moore may have to drop out for being a short-eyes, that may throw a monkey wrench into my "Alabama could turn blue" plans...

Moore's so horrible I'm almost wondering if some right-winger didn't expose this info to get him out of the race. Then again, Trump admitted to groping women, so maybe sexual creepiness isn't a disqualifying factor for the Republican ticket these days.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum