Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New official motto for the U.S.A.: Screw the people, profit is everything!

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Whether you're from the right or the left, America just isn't working for most of us anymore.  Health?  Millions of us can't afford it.  Why?  Because the game has been rigged by big money to profit insurers, big pharma, and medical device manufacturers.  Your health, or mine, and the economic stability of our families in today's America are secondary issues.  Enabling big bucks to make MORE is the main goal.

War:  We no longer fight to win wars.  When a war is won the money machine for the bloated Military Industrial Complex turns off.  We're not fighting anywhere to bring a halt to despots and tyrants.  We're fighting for political and resource regional domination.

And just whom do  you think is paying the bills for this military mismanagement?  And who is furnishing the young men and women whose lives are being wasted by this terrible big money endeavor?

Education:  The quality has steadily declined over the last two decades, while the costs have made a college education beyond the reach of most Americans.  We the people keep getting less for more.

The environment:  Global warming and the disastrous effects we're already experiencing in increased hurricane ferocity, drought, flooding, etc., are labeled a hoax by our governmental leaders -- all of whom benefit from corrupt campaign financing by the big oil companies.

The old adage "government by the people, for the people and of the people" is pure, unadulterated bullshit.  And we have the republicans and democrats to blame.  Our politicians (right and left) were happy as hell to hold out their hands to take the big donations, and by so doing, switch their loyalty from us to big money.  The logical result: a lying, phony businessman whose only loyalty is to profit is now running our show.  

Speaking for myself, I relish the idea that what our country has become --a place where screwing the people for more profit is everything -- is beginning to implode and fall apart at the seams.  Fuck big money.  I want a real government of the people, by the people and for the people.

Anyone know how we get there from here?

https://www.alternet.org/division-humanity-war-and-famine?akid=16248.260394.ogP8ab&rd=1&src=newsletter1084171&t=4

Last edited by Wordslinger on 10/22/2017, 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total

PkrBum

PkrBum

Term limits, public campaign limits, and laws that restrict politicians from any improper contact.

Good luck getting politicians to limit themselves.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote:Term limits, public campaign limits, and laws that restrict politicians from any improper contact.

Good luck getting politicians to limit themselves.

This time, you and I are in 100% agreement. This time right or left political orientation is meaningless. It's us vs. them, and they're winning big.

Deus X

Deus X

"Screw the people, profit is everything" is NEW? HAH!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum