Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trump Consoles Widow Of US Soldier

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Trump Consoles Widow Of US Soldier Empty Trump Consoles Widow Of US Soldier 10/18/2017, 11:37 pm

Telstar

Telstar

Trump Consoles Widow Of US Soldier Trump_12

RealLindaL

Good one. He may as well have said that, hm? The man is missing very large pieces. He and his presidency are a disaster.

zsomething

Topping it off, Trump didn't even bother to learn Sgt. La David Johnson's name... he just called him "your guy."

The sad thing is, this is probably the best that Trump's mental illness lets him do. He's missing a compassionate component that the rest of us (well, most of the rest of us -- somebody on this board surprised me by saying they wouldn't help a fallen 80-year-old) have. And the job of president isn't suited for someone like that. I mean, sheesh, even Dubya had that much.

I really wonder if this guy can possibly make it through his whole term. Part of me wants him out so the country can get a breather... and part of me wants us to just grit our teeth and bear it to keep Pence out, because Pence might be harder to get rid of. He's a radicalized Dominionist theocrat, full on Christian-Taliban style, and that appeals to far too much of the Republican base. And Pence knows how to behave like a grown-up... if he got in, it'd be hard to get him out. We're stuck between a situation where we have a nasty, childish, idiot lunatic who embarrasses the country and ruins our reputation... and a nightmare scenario like the one in this book.

Bannon already seems to be positioning things around Pence and a theocracy takeover. Creeps like Chris McDaniel are already getting ready to run in Mississippi, and things will get really ugly if lunatics like him and Roy Moore start filling up Congress, with a Pence at the helm. A Christian version of Sharia law won't be far off if they get a chance.

America seems locked in an idiocy spiral, heading down.

Leftists politicizing the death of our soldiers... what a shock. Rolling Eyes

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:Leftists politicizing the death of our soldiers... what a shock.  Rolling Eyes

Trump is a "leftist" apparently is Pkrdumb's upside down/inside out world ...

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/cnn-reports-john-kelly-caught-off-guard-trump-remarks-son

bigdog

Here's what I've been thinking. He could have elaborated on his statement and made it into a compliment.
What I understood he said was that her husband knew what he was getting into when he joined up, which sounds like "Oh, well, he kind of asked for it." If he had said a few more words, explaining that every soldier who enters our military knows what they are getting into when they join up and that makes their bravery and sacrifice so much deeper and more meaningful, he could have gotten kudos for his statement.
But then, Trump is a moron. I don't know why I even imagine a POTUS anymore who would plan what he says before he talks to a grieving wife.

And I think it's sometimes very important to politicize the death of our soldiers. If we were seeing as many videos and photos of our wars as we saw on the 6 o'clock news during Vietnam, we would not be tolerating those wars from our politicians. Americans didn't even know this one was going on in Niger. Our soldiers are out there shooting people in countries that we don't even know about. Talk about a slippery slope.

Most Americans today do not know anyone who died in a war. That's a dangerous situation. Americans have very short memories.

Last edited by bigdog on 10/19/2017, 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total

zsomething

bigdog wrote:Here's what I've been thinking. He could have elaborated on his statement and made it into a compliment.
What I understood he said was that her husband knew what he was getting into when he joined up, which sounds like "Oh, well, he kind of asked for it." If he had said a few more words, explaining that every soldier who enters our military knows what they are getting into when they join up and that makes their bravery and sacrifice so much deeper and more meaningful, he could have gotten kudos for his statement.
But then, Trump is a moron. I don't know why I even imagine a POTUS anymore who would plan what he says before he talks to a grieving wife.

Yeah, he probably didn't mean for it to come out as assholish as it did... but he is an asshole, so that's how it comes out. He's not very good at covering it up, except for the people who, for some reason (which I strongly suspect after talking to lots of 'em is kinship), flow him unlimited amounts of slack.

Trump is very awkward when it comes to doing anything compassionate, because he has no sinerity. His mental illness doesn't really allow him to care about anybody but himself -- it's not just that he's a jerk, it's that he's not even capable due to his personality disorder. Hell, he used to mock his own kids, even... he has no clue how a decent human feels or acts... and only has a vague idea of how they're supposed to. He's so deficient he can't even manage to fake it.

And a lot of that he can't help, because he's crazy... but, someone like that should never be in the position he's in.

bigdog

I agree, he's mentally ill. But just like when a crazy person murders someone, they still have to be confined somehow (if only to a mental institution) for the safety of others.
Trump needs a nice, safe place where he can have soft walls and get good treatment. He doesn't need to be affecting our safety.

RealLindaL

zsomething wrote:Bannon already seems to be positioning things around Pence and a theocracy takeover.  Creeps like Chris McDaniel are already getting ready to run in Mississippi, and things will get really ugly if lunatics like him and Roy Moore start filling up Congress, with a Pence at the helm.  A Christian version of Sharia law won't be far off if they get a chance.

Very frightening indeed. Can we even last to 2020, hoping against hope for a moderate of either party who'll remind Americans what the presidency should be all about -- someone capable of inspiring and renewing trust in the office of president? I wonder.

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:
zsomething wrote:Bannon already seems to be positioning things around Pence and a theocracy takeover.  Creeps like Chris McDaniel are already getting ready to run in Mississippi, and things will get really ugly if lunatics like him and Roy Moore start filling up Congress, with a Pence at the helm.  A Christian version of Sharia law won't be far off if they get a chance.

Very frightening indeed.   Can we even last to 2020, hoping against hope for a moderate of either party who'll remind Americans what the presidency should be all about -- someone capable of inspiring and renewing trust in the office of president?  I wonder.

Not if we keep allowing losers to infest our White House like we did in 2016.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum