Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Florida Brewery Offers Free Beer For Tickets To White Supremacist Speech

+2
Floridatexan
Telstar
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

zsomething

Gainesville did an excellent job. That's the best way to deal with these idiot fucks -- surround them with enough numbers where they know their continued existence is due only to the tolerance of their enemies. They get to feel how powerless and outnumbered they actually are, and no violence is necessary. Although I'm not sorry somebody dealt mutton-chops-boy a shot just for showing up in his swastika shirt. This should not be a country where people feel safe, flying that flag. Free speech doesn't cover alliance with advocates of genocide.

I watched some of Spencer's ranting. He's trying to claim some kind of "victory," just for showing up, but all he did was make a fool of himself and made his cause look like nothing but a bunch of attention-getting taunting. He got his first amendment rights... which doesn't include anyone having to listen to ya. He had no point at all, just whined, and his dumb-looking friends whined, and the crowd owned 'em. Spencer's trying hard to make lemonade out of the truck-full of lemons that got dumped on 'im, but it's laughable. He got clowned, and I doubt he'll want to try that stunt again anytime soon. But, he's the dumb leader of a dumb movement, so, who knows.

And it doesn't really matter if he is or isn't, but... Richard Spencer comes off as very-much gay, for a guy who's such a bigot. I don't know if his hate extends to homosexuals or not, but the guy whose salutes he throws up sure hated 'em. I have gay friends who don't come across as half as gay as this dude. So I don't know what the deal is there. Don't really care one way or another, it's not one of the problems I have with him, but given the bigoted circles he runs with, it's odd. Then again, he is buddies with Milo Yiannopoulis, so maybe they're just race-bigots and not gay-bigots. I know they don't care for women much, as far as them having any rights, but... who knows. Today's Nazis are weird.

Haven't heard any reports about the Nazis' plans to "flash mob" synagogues and minority-owned businesses. They jabbered about it on their websites, but once they saw how bad things went for them at the speech, it seems to have made them feel a little less comfortable. Good. I think Spencer was expecting an army of supporters to show up, but it looks like he only got around a dozen dweebs with their conformist fashy-haircuts. It's really looking like more of a 4chan trend than anything.

zsomething wrote:And it doesn't really matter if he is or isn't, but...

As if the war of ideas weren't enough... throw some bias on top. Rolling Eyes

zsomething

Sure do worry about the free speech of a guy who's got a message of white supremacy. It's so important to hear the Nazi side of the argument, maybe they have good points for ethnic cleansing and racism that we just haven't thought of yet! When somebody says "We need to get rid of all the blacks and Latinos and Jews so we can have a white ethno-state," any sane person's response should be "Wait, let's hear this fellow out. I know it sounds bad, but maybe we just haven't considered the sunshiney side of injustice and hate and genocide! Maybe the Nazis really weren't that bad!"

Jeez, but I can be a sarcastic bastard when I want to be.

Free speech doesn't cover the shit that's going on here. People protesting Ben Shapiro -- asshole that he is -- or even Ann Coulter, are out of line. Ket the idiots talk -- they're not going to convince anybody who's worth having on your side, anyway. But avowed white supremacists are a different breed. They're not presenting reasonable arguments for anything. They're promoting genocide. If a recruiter for ISIS shows up and demands equal time, anybody gonna say, "Yeah, let's hear the guy out! Maybe we are infidels and should be beheaded!" Horseshit. Ya'll don't even want to allow non-radical Muslims into the country, there's no way you'd be asking Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi over for a chat over tea and cookies. And you'd be a damn fool if you did. Spencer is taking advantage of useful idiots defending his "rights" to stir up hate against our fellow citizens. If he gets shouted down, GOOD. No downside.

Really, anybody crying over terrorist Richard Spencer's rights, go fuck yourself, find a support beam in your garage that'll support your weight, take a cinderblock swimming, roll in honey and bask on an anthill, test the shocks on a bus, do the world a favor.

zsomething

Oh, and I guess Spencer's followers DID decide to do some merry hijinks around town, after all. Those scamps!

Three supporters of white nationalist Richard Spencer were arrested Thursday in connection with an incident in which a shot was fired, according to Gainesville Police Department arrest reports.

William Henry Fears, 30, of Pasadena, Texas; Colton Gene Fears, 28, also of Pasadena; and Tyler Eugene Tenbrink, 28, of Richmond, Texas; were charged with attempted homicide and held in the Alachua County jail. Tenbrink was also charged with being a felon in possession of a weapon.

At 5:20 p.m. Thursday, a vehicle with William Fears, Colton Fears and Tenbrink pulled up to a bus stop at 3315 SW Archer Road where a small group of people were sitting. One of the men began cheering Adolf Hitler and chanting.

The victim hit the vehicle’s rear window with a baton, and the car sped away before abruptly stopping.

Tenbrink got out of the car with a handgun. William Fears and Colton Fears yelled, “I’m going to f---ing kill you,” and “Shoot them.”

Tenbrink fired one shot at the victim. The shot missed and struck the building that was directly behind the victim.

The Fears brothers and Tenbrink fled eastbound in the vehicle. Alachua County Sheriff’s Office deputies found the men driving north on Interstate 75, and stopped the silver Jeep near the 405 mile marker. Officers said Tenbrink told them he fired the shot.

Tenbrink’s bond was set at $3 million. William Fears and Colton Fears each are held on $1 million bond.

Wesley Durrance, a 27-year-old Gainesville resident, told The Gainesville Sun several of his friends were shot at because they were carrying anti-Nazi signs protesting Spencer’s UF visit.

I'm sure the poor Nazis were just misunderstood... nice young conservative fellas just provoked by the infuriating way those terrible leftists at the bus-stop weren't hatin' Jews or Blacks or Mexicans or whatever.

Oh, wait...

Fears was arrested in 2009 on an aggravated kidnapping charge after abducting a female acquaintance in Texas, media reports show.

("But BLM and Antifa..." whining commencing in three, two, one...)

When you have to assign positions to others... you don't have a firm grasp of the topic.

zsomething

Cool, I'm not the only one to have noticed this:

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/10/will-we-ever-return-to-normal-after-trump

When Laura Ingraham seemingly snapped a Sieg heil! salute at Trump’s giant-screen image at the Republican convention, it was a signal that a rabid strain of Fascist flirtation had been reborn—and mainstreamed. Post-Trump, the country needs its own, domestic version of the de-Nazification program established in Germany after World War II, an inquiry into how so many alleged neo-Nazi, white-supremacist sympathizers had input into this presidency, and their connection with neo-Nazi and nativist movements overseas. Trump has legitimized the hate militias like no president ever before, one of his many blighting legacies and perhaps his most lasting. The domestic threat posed by white-supremacist militias and other violent extremists armed to the steel teeth has been minimized by Republicans, who, jerked around by their Fox News puppet masters, prefer fulminating against Black Lives Matter and antifa street fighters. But white people’s grievances are always given precedence, reflecting the racial makeup of newsrooms and corporate hierarchies.

This bias infiltrates political feature writing past the point of exasperation. How nice it would be if even before Trump humps out of view and into the elephants’ graveyard we were given a journalistic moratorium on earnest dispatches devoted to the Loyal Trump Voter in the battered industrial ruinscape who still supports the big guy despite the latest storm out of Washington. Nary a month goes by without The New York Times or The Washington Post filing a story about Trump supporters who can’t quit him even though he’s plotting to cut off their health coverage or shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.

This sentimentalization of the Loyal Trump Voter, whose rationale for standing by the president is often cradled in incoherence and plain, proud ignorance with a large chunk of stubborn pride, is the latest extension of the press’s centering of the White Working Class in the national narrative, no matter how much the demographics and the complexion of the country change. Every election cycle, eastern reporters ritualistically venture into caucus and primary states such as Iowa and New Hampshire on Norman Rockwell safari to file copy from the diners and truck stops on “real Americans” in plaid jackets and tractor caps with heartland values and comfort-food appetites. It is time this romance with Ma and Pa Kettle was put out to pasture. Let journalists find other ways to pretend to be in touch with those left behind and clinging to their discredited articles of faith. Otherwise, dec­ades from now, if news outlets as we know them survive, reporters may still be tramping through the hinterlands searching for the last remaining Trump holdouts to interview as if they were Japanese soldiers hiding in the jungles long after World War II ended.

Telstar

Telstar

Just another Fox News nazi quisling.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

While I'm glad that the creep left the stage early, that little gathering cost the taxpayers of Florida $500,000.

Telstar

Telstar

Floridatexan wrote:
While I'm glad that the creep left the stage early, that little gathering cost the taxpayers of Florida $500,000.

So will Florida back fake #45 or his stooge again in 2020?

Telstar

Telstar

Richard Spencer supporters arrested after shot fired following speech

'Whites have right to exist,' suspect told News 6 Thursday before shooting

GAINESVILLE, Fla. - Three supporters of white nationalist Richard Spencer were arrested Thursday after Gainesville police said one of the men fired a shot at a group of protesters on the University of Florida campus.

William Henry Fears, 30; Golton Gene Fears, 28; and Tyler Tenbrink, 29; all of Texas, were arrested on charges of attempted homicide. Tenbrink is also charged with possession of a weapon by a convicted felon. The three men were booked into the Alachua County Jail. The Fears brothers bail is set at $1 million each and Tenbrink's is $3 million.

"Yesterday people from outside of our community came to bring hate," Gainesville police spokesman Ben Tobias said during a news conference Friday. "The people of Gainesville showed them what our community is all about."

News 6 reporter Nadeen Yanes interviewed William Fears on Thursday hours before Spencer took the Phillips Center stage. Fears said he also attended the "Unite the Right" rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, in August, which turned deadly when a woman was hit and killed.

William Fears slammed Gov. Rick Scott for declaring a state of emergency to give Alachua County access to more resources ahead of the controversial event at UF.

William Fears said child predators are allowed to have their “twisted sexual conventions,” but “if a man says whites have right to exist they have to declare a state of emergency.”

His brother, Colton Fears, told News 6 partner WJXT that he also came to Gainesville because of the state of emergency.

“Is that man as dangerous as a hurricane?” Colton Fears said of Spencer, who helped plan the “Unite the Right” rally in Charlottesville.

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/arrest-made-after-shot-fired-following-richard-spencer-speech-at-uf

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum