Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I do not get dancing with the stars

+2
RealLindaL
2seaoat
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

I just do not get it. When I was in 7th, 8th, and 9th grade we would have a sock hop once a week. I actually enjoyed dancing and had all kinds of puppy love and slow dancing to some great music from the mid sixties. It was mostly that slow dancing with budding breasts and teachers suggesting we should back it off, but is was simple joy in the celebration of youth. It was clumsy. There were some of the rich kids whose parents insisted they take dance lessons, but with me it was discovering my attraction to females.

However, something changed after 9th grade. Dancing seemed silly and contrived like some tribal dance of indigenous people. My wife and I enjoyed a slow dance, but I usually had to be pried from my seat at weddings and social events. I guess I felt like what had been a natural attraction to girls had been substituted by some kind of duty to dance. My bucket list now says I will die happy if I never dance again. The wonderful thing about age is memory. I have warm feelings about those junior high sock hops, and nothing but contempt for dancing with the stars. I am lucky that Mrs. Seaoat reflects some of the same feelings I have, and she also has fond memories of that puppy love stage, which now seems so contrived and obligatory.

RealLindaL

Dancing with the Stars is not dancing at all. It's competitive gymnastics in dance costumery. I despise it.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

cheers cheers cheers

zsomething

I've never really gotten dancing. I guess it's fun to do -- I never did much in the way of actual dancing, just slam-dancing in mosh pits, which is fun but it's honestly much closer to violence than it is dancing -- but I've never been all that entertained watching it. So gathering a bunch of celebrities and getting them to run around to music just seems a very weird sort of thing to me. I don't care if they do it, or if anyone enjoys watching it, but... I dunno, it's just an odd thing to me.

Now, Slam-Dancing With the Stars, that I'd probably watch, just to see Tucker Carlson get his nose broken... Smile

Telstar

Telstar

zsomething wrote:I've never really gotten dancing.  I guess it's fun to do -- I never did much in the way of actual dancing, just slam-dancing in mosh pits, which is fun but it's honestly much closer to violence than it is dancing -- but I've never been all that entertained watching it.  So gathering a bunch of celebrities and getting them to run around to music just seems a very weird sort of thing to me.  I don't care if they do it, or if anyone enjoys watching it, but... I dunno, it's just an odd thing to me.

Now, Slam-Dancing With the Stars, that I'd probably watch, just to see Tucker Carlson get his nose broken... Smile

lol!

bigdog

I don't get dancing with the stars either. Who really cares whether Terry Bradshaw or Rick Perry is the best dancer. It's the worst of all the reality TV shows and most of them are really stupid.

RealLindaL

bigdog wrote:I don't get dancing with the stars either. Who really cares whether Terry Bradshaw or Rick Perry is the best dancer. It's the worst of all the reality TV shows and most of them are really stupid.

...except for America's Got Talent. Now that one really has heart, and some simply terrific talent. Too bad it's done for the season.

bigdog

Well, they've had talent shows on TV since way back in the 1950's when I was a child, and people seem to like them. I've never cared for them much but I can see the attraction.
I'll also admit to watching Pawn Stars, but I'm not so dumb as to think that it is completely real. I mean, how many people would take a signed letter from George Washington into a pawn shop to sell? They get far too many historical items of interest in that particular store for me to believe it. It's all a set up. The characters are entertaining though, and the show can be educational. Otherwise, most of the reality shows are garbage, especially the ones that focus on dysfunctional families and millionaires dressed up like hillbillies.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum