Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

As we approach the last act of this Trumpion tragi-comedy - -

+4
Deus X
PkrBum
Telstar
Wordslinger
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Telstar

Telstar

Floridatexan wrote:
Trump in Alabama:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/23/politics/donald-trump-alabama-speech/index.html?sr=fbCNN092317donald-trump-alabama-speech0137PMVODtop

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

The bottom of the base-ment.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

ALTLEFTCRIMINALS wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:Tell me Pkrbum:  Why should we waste time legally investigating and possibly prosecuting former office holders when our country is being sabotaged RIGHT NOW by criminals who are actually in power at this moment? !  

If we are a nation of laws, the current folks will be taken down as well, saying that the former office holders are exempt shows your hypocrisy, which all of you leftists have to the Nth degree.

None of the events you listed in your diatribe against democrats are still active. As bad as you whine all those events were so very dreadful, none of the folks you hold responsible colluded with a foreign government to overthrow our democracy. And Obama was able to avoid the childish but terrifying nuclear war of words now being fought by two of the most unbalanced, egoists in the world today. Fuck Bengazi and Mexican firearms deals; a nuclear war will murder millions of innocent folks, not four or five Americans who had volunteered to be where they were when the shit hit the fan.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Like the overthrow of Libya, the interferences in Egypt, red line in Syria, and the bombing of numerous other muslin nations by Obama?

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote:Like the overthrow of Libya, the interferences in Egypt, red line in Syria, and the bombing  of numerous other muslin nations by Obama?

Are you saying there Americans dying on the battlefield today in Libya or Egypt -- as a result of Obama's orders? Or are you just desperate to defend the Pussy Grabber and his basket of deplorables?

PkrBum

PkrBum

Wordslinger wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Like the overthrow of Libya, the interferences in Egypt, red line in Syria, and the bombing  of numerous other muslin nations by Obama?

Are you saying there Americans dying on the battlefield today in Libya or Egypt -- as a result of Obama's orders?  Or are you just desperate to defend the Pussy Grabber and his basket of deplorables?

You were for all those things and more... like the assassination of a juvenile citizen?

Checked out Obama's NDAA?  But now you're all spun up about the war powers?

Cmon... at least feign some objectivity.  Rolling Eyes

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

Are you saying there Americans dying on the battlefield today in Libya or Egypt -- as a result of Obama's orders?  Or are you just desperate to defend the Pussy Grabber and his basket of deplorables?

You were for all those things and more... like the assassination of a juvenile citizen?

Checked out Obama's NDAA?  But now you're all spun up about the war powers?

Cmon... at least feign some objectivity.  Rolling Eyes

Whether I express objectivity acceptable to you or not is irrelevant. Obama was stable. Trump isn't. Nothing Obama did during his years in office put the world on the threshold of nuclear war. When you put a magnifying glass on any of our past president's actions while in office, you'll surely find discrepancies. You have a deeply flawed and self-destructive character. Your penchant for hiding behind the concept that if a leader from one party did bad things, it's somehow okay for the president of the other side to do so.

I'm glad I really don't know you.

Deus X

Deus X

Wordslinger wrote:
Whether I express objectivity acceptable to you or not is irrelevant.  Obama was stable.  Trump isn't.  Nothing Obama did during his years in office    put the world on the threshold of nuclear war.  When you put a magnifying glass on any of our past president's actions while in office, you'll surely find discrepancies.  You have a deeply flawed and self-destructive character.  Your penchant for hiding behind the concept that if a leader from one party did bad things, it's somehow okay for the president of the other side to do so.

Well put.

RealLindaL

Wordslinger wrote:Whether I express objectivity acceptable to you or not is irrelevant.  Obama was stable.  Trump isn't.  Nothing Obama did during his years in office    put the world on the threshold of nuclear war.  When you put a magnifying glass on any of our past president's actions while in office, you'll surely find discrepancies.  You have a deeply flawed and self-destructive character.  Your penchant for hiding behind the concept that if a leader from one party did bad things, it's somehow okay for the president of the other side to do so.

Spot on, WS.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Wordslinger wrote:Whether I express objectivity acceptable to you or not is irrelevant. It is relevant if you want to be taken seriously 

Obama was stable.  Subjective
Trump isn't.  Subjective
Nothing Obama did during his years in office put the world on the threshold of nuclear war. His Iran deal and destabilizing ME policies likely did 
When you put a magnifying glass on any of our past president's actions while in office, you'll surely find discrepancies. Subjective 
You have a deeply flawed and self-destructive character.  Subjective
Your penchant for hiding behind the concept that if a leader from one party did bad things, it's somehow okay for the president of the other side to do so. See Bush blame for the entire Obama term

A personal jab doesn't add credibility

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:Whether I express objectivity acceptable to you or not is irrelevant. It is relevant if you want to be taken seriously 

Obama was stable.  Subjective
Trump isn't.  Subjective
Nothing Obama did during his years in office put the world on the threshold of nuclear war. His Iran deal and destabilizing ME policies likely did 
When you put a magnifying glass on any of our past president's actions while in office, you'll surely find discrepancies. Subjective 
You have a deeply flawed and self-destructive character.  Subjective
Your penchant for hiding behind the concept that if a leader from one party did bad things, it's somehow okay for the president of the other side to do so. See Bush blame for the entire Obama term

A personal jab doesn't add credibility

Nothing Obama did moved the USA towards nuclear war. Fact. His Iran deal had the blessing of several of our allies and its validity with Iran was stressed in an interview yesterday with Iran's foreign minister and Fareed Zakaria. As for Trump being insane -- I've already cited several psychiatrists who think the man is dangerously nuts. And there's nothing subjective about the Pussy Grabber claiming his recent attack on NFL players who kneel through the playing of the national anthem, isn't racist. Even though, as you very well know, the whole kneeling thing was a black professional athlete protest against police murders and brutality foisted on black American victims. I guess such racism is just a conservative thing ...

zsomething

Epic rant on Twitter. Personally, I think the good professor goes a little too lightly with him, if anything. If you're supporting Trump at this point, history's going to judge you harshly. I know Trump supporters will go, "ha ha, crazy hysterical leftists, blah-blah-blah," but that's denial. If you're honest, at all, even within yourself, you can't look at what's going on and not see that it's poison. And it's not going to end well, for anyone. The longer people avoid accepting that, the more embedded the sickness will be. You've made a mistake... you're just delaying how long it'll be before it really comes home to roost. And you will not escape the blowback. Rest assured of that.

1/ We need to never again discuss this man with respect to policy—it's become more than clear in 9 months that he holds no policy positions.

2/ So if you support Donald Trump because of any view you claim he holds, I don't ever want to hear from you again. The man holds no views.

3/ There is no position Donald Trump has ever taken that he has not, at some point in the past or present, taken the opposite position to.

4/ We mustn't ever discuss this man as someone "challenging the system" or any similar bromide. His White House is the most corrupt ever.

5/ Not one story of honorable conduct has emerged from this White House. Instead, it's been lies, deception, corruption, graft, propaganda.

6/ But the most important thing is this: this is the first U.S. president to systematically and willfully terrorize his own populace daily.

7/ His changeability is intended to keep us anxious and on guard. In fact, he's admitted publicly, many times, that this is a tactic of his.

8/ His corruption is equally studied: his business model has always been "get away with what you can," and that's exactly how he's governed.

9/ He saw that he had a GOP Congress—and knew that his worst-case scenario was not getting re-elected to a job that he never really wanted.

10/ That's why he hasn't eliminated his conflicts of interest, delivered on his promises, "drained the swamp," acted as any kind of leader.

11/ His presidency is a criminal enterprise designed to enrich his family and give him the attention his father clearly denied him as a kid.

12/ He has no beliefs, no ambitions, no morals, no principles, no guidelines, no plans, no expectations. He simply needs to sow chaos daily.

13/ What Trump knows better than most is that America is a chaos machine—you feed it and it spits out attention, headlines, sometimes money.

14/ I want to be very clear here: Donald Trump is a toxic human with a toxic public presence and—worst of all—he wants to poison his people.

15/ His reign will go down not just in U.S. history but human history as a reign of uncommon cruelty in the democracies of this millennium.

16/ It's *more* than that he'll go down in our history as the worst president we'll ever have—he'll go down as one of our greatest villains.

17/ Benedict Arnold tried to betray America for a prior sovereign—Trump is trying to *torture* a nation that was good to him his whole life.

18/ Have you noticed a change in your mood since January? I mean a change you can't seem to escape? Anxiety, anger, fear, confusion, doubt?

19/ The most ubiquitous man in your nation is trying to poison you daily—because it gives him power—and no one's stopping him from doing it.

20/ I'm not using hyperbole: you're under attack. A deliberate, unprovoked, systematic, and—yes—evil attack. And it's working. We're losing.

21/ When humans are endangered, confused and hopeless, there are certain things we turn to—all of which Trump is deliberately stealing away.

22/ Our fight or flight instinct—which Trump activates—can be quelled if we're given respite, which is why Trump ensures we have no respite.

23/ That's why his tweets—which are intended to terrorize, and *do*—come in a daily barrage of needless conflict, warmongering, and cruelty.

24/ He must never stop tweeting, because his tweets now activate our culture in a way so *inescapable* that we're almost like his prisoners.

25/ You think he's attacking North Korea in his tweets? No—he's trying to terrorize *you*. The NFL? You. Segments of America? No—all of us.

26/ When humans are confused, we seek the stability of truth, trusted institutions, neighbors. He's destroying those anchors systematically.

27/ "Fake news" isn't about getting re-elected—it's about controlling your fight-or-flight instinct by giving you no safe harbor in "truth."

28/ Every institution we like or trust, he's undermined. The media. Government. Unions. Hell—even the NFL. Veterans (when he feels like it).

29/ He's enabled by the GOP—but he's no Republican. He wants to destroy any politics or politician whose world he's not at the center of.

30/ He's a malignant narcissist, and his *only* ambition is to spread his toxicity nationwide in whichever ways feed his perverse pathology.

31/ If you're a Trump voter, by all means laugh it up. You'll be caught in wars, recessions, and international collapse like the rest of us.

32/ He has 35% support because Americans love to be right/see fools suffer—and Trump voters think they're on the right side of the equation.

33/ Time will show that we were all the fools—and whatever temporary satisfaction the Right got from annoying the Left wasn't worth America.

34/ Because the last thing—of the three I mentioned—humans look for in a crisis is hope, and he's systematically taking *that* away as well.

35/ We don't have hope future elections will be fair. We don't have hope our government is working in our interests. We don't have hope...

36/ ...we can trust and love our neighbors and they'll trust and love us back. And we don't have hope things will start to make sense again.

37/ But only a fool fails to see that the pain and suffering that comes from having a madman as a leader is soon coming for every one of us.

38/ Things are going to get very bad. And many fools will say, "Well—that's America." And America *is* deeply flawed. But we weren't *this*.

39/ One in every few generations in the West, a leader arises *so vile* that he can draw out the evil from his population and weaponize it.

40/ Trump is *not* Hitler. There was only *one* Hitler. But Trump is the *sort* of Hitler that America in 2017—at its very worst—can breed.

41/ Everything evil a man can do to a country like this, at a time like this, in a span of four or eight years, Donald Trump will try to do.

42/ He'll try to make the vulnerable live in fear. He'll position himself as unreviewable by the media and government. He'll sow confusion.

43/ And when his crimes are uncovered—and he's been a villain and criminal his whole adult life—he'll try to stoke violence to save himself.

44/ Trump is the most dangerous American of all our lifetimes—he's so dangerous we can't fully apprehend the danger or how to respond to it.

45/ He's an actually evil presence that hangs over your life—and the life of a nation you love—every single day. And he may be unstoppable.

46/ Is there any reason to trust future election results—now that we know Russia is hacking/interfering and Trump's doing *zero* to stop it?

47/ And is there any reason to think the damage Trump has done to our political system can be solved in just a single American generation?

48/ And as he plunges us deeper into our Longest War and tries to start World War III in Asia, can we be certain lasting doom isn't ahead?

49/ My point: there is only one fight in America today that matters, because all other fights are ultimately a direct corollary to this one.

50/ If we want to save ourselves—and our country—Trump must be legally, peacefully and transparently removed from a position of power. ASAP.

PS/ It's OK to finally indulge the idea that everything is as bad as you think it is if hitting rock-bottom gives you the courage to FIGHT.

PkrBum

PkrBum

"Nothing Obama did moved the USA towards nuclear war. Fact. His Iran deal had the blessing of several of our allies and its validity with Iran was stressed in an interview yesterday with Iran's foreign minister and Fareed Zakaria."

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/451404/trump-should-decertify-iran-nuclear-deal-ignore-experts

Over the past three years, the IAEA and Washington have routinely ignored reports about a variety of problems, including obstruction of inspections, illegal attempts to purchase nuclear and missile technology, and exceeding the limits on uranium enrichment and production of heavy water. Viewed in isolation, each violation is insufficient to justify threatening Iran with new sanctions or an end to the deal. So the signatories ignore or rationalize the infractions.

In the negotiations that led to the deal, Obama and the secretary of state jettisoned their demand that Iran end its nuclear program and stop advanced nuclear research, and that it concede it had no right to enrich uranium, They always saw getting an agreement on any terms as more important than the details. The same applies to keeping it in place despite multiple violations. That’s why the arms-control community wound up endorsing a deal that did not put an end to the Iranian threat; at best, it kicked the can down the road for a few years on proliferation.

But the point of isolating the Islamist republic via sanctions wasn’t to “reduce the risk” of a nuclear Iran; it was to end the risk altogether. Even if Iran is complying with the terms of the JCPOA, it allows them to go on working toward a bomb. Moreover, the JCPOA expires within a decade, so the deal can’t be said to be doing much to make the world safer.

In order to be a true success, the JCPOA would have to prevent a breakout — not be in position to sound the alarm after it’s too late to do anything about it. The 80 experts assert in their letter that the JCPOA’s main achievement is to make it “very likely” that future Iranian efforts to produce a bomb would be “detected promptly.” That is setting a very low bar.

Leaving aside the sketchy nature of the intelligence that the West has about Iran’s nuclear program, and that the inspections mandated by the deal don’t include military facilities, there is little reason to have confidence that monitoring is working. And prompt detection of a nuclear “breakout” won’t mean much if it doesn’t give an international community that is already predisposed to complacency the time to act. In order to be a true success, the JCPOA would have to prevent a breakout — not be in position to sound the alarm after it’s too late to do anything about it.

But just as important is something that Trump has repeatedly pointed out, only to be told that he doesn’t “get it.” Obama believed that the deal would be an object lesson in the wisdom of multilateralism and diplomacy and that it would give Iran an opportunity to “get right with the world.” But what has happened since his signature foreign-policy achievement has conclusively demonstrated that Obama’s hopes were pipe dreams.

Buoyed by the end of sanctions and the release of frozen assets, Iran has doubled down on a foreign policy whose goal is regional hegemony. Iran remains the leading state sponsor of international terrorism. What’s worse, Obama’s desire for a nuclear deal, at almost any cost, made the U.S. ignore Iranian threats. That’s why the U.S. tacitly allowed Iran to intervene in Syria while also consolidating its influence in Shia-dominated Iraq. That has led to the creation of what, for all intents and purposes, is an Iranian land bridge that extends from Tehran all the way to Lebanon, which is dominated by the mullahs’ Hezbollah auxiliaries.

For all of his faults, Trump’s instinctive desire to end the nuclear deal is more reality-based than the arguments of his critics. The JCPOA treated nonproliferation as the prime objective of Iran policy, and it made only weak attempts to reach this goal. The consequences are far-reaching. Iran is still on a path to a bomb — made more certain by the fact that its nuclear program now has the West’s seal of approval. And it’s also strengthened by the economic carrots that came when the stick of sanctions was removed. Iran’s renewal of its alliance with Hamas — which had been broken off over a disagreement about the Syrian civil war — will enrich another terror group while also giving Tehran the ability to start a three-front war on Israel at a time of its own choosing.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote:"Nothing Obama did moved the USA towards nuclear war. Fact. His Iran deal had the blessing of several of our allies and its validity with Iran was stressed in an interview yesterday with Iran's foreign minister and Fareed Zakaria."

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/451404/trump-should-decertify-iran-nuclear-deal-ignore-experts

Over the past three years, the IAEA and Washington have routinely ignored reports about a variety of problems, including obstruction of inspections, illegal attempts to purchase nuclear and missile technology, and exceeding the limits on uranium enrichment and production of heavy water. Viewed in isolation, each violation is insufficient to justify threatening Iran with new sanctions or an end to the deal. So the signatories ignore or rationalize the infractions.

In the negotiations that led to the deal, Obama and the secretary of state jettisoned their demand that Iran end its nuclear program and stop advanced nuclear research, and that it concede it had no right to enrich uranium, They always saw getting an agreement on any terms as more important than the details. The same applies to keeping it in place despite multiple violations. That’s why the arms-control community wound up endorsing a deal that did not put an end to the Iranian threat; at best, it kicked the can down the road for a few years on proliferation.

But the point of isolating the Islamist republic via sanctions wasn’t to “reduce the risk” of a nuclear Iran; it was to end the risk altogether. Even if Iran is complying with the terms of the JCPOA, it allows them to go on working toward a bomb. Moreover, the JCPOA expires within a decade, so the deal can’t be said to be doing much to make the world safer.

In order to be a true success, the JCPOA would have to prevent a breakout — not be in position to sound the alarm after it’s too late to do anything about it. The 80 experts assert in their letter that the JCPOA’s main achievement is to make it “very likely” that future Iranian efforts to produce a bomb would be “detected promptly.” That is setting a very low bar.

Leaving aside the sketchy nature of the intelligence that the West has about Iran’s nuclear program, and that the inspections mandated by the deal don’t include military facilities, there is little reason to have confidence that monitoring is working. And prompt detection of a nuclear “breakout” won’t mean much if it doesn’t give an international community that is already predisposed to complacency the time to act. In order to be a true success, the JCPOA would have to prevent a breakout — not be in position to sound the alarm after it’s too late to do anything about it.

But just as important is something that Trump has repeatedly pointed out, only to be told that he doesn’t “get it.” Obama believed that the deal would be an object lesson in the wisdom of multilateralism and diplomacy and that it would give Iran an opportunity to “get right with the world.” But what has happened since his signature foreign-policy achievement has conclusively demonstrated that Obama’s hopes were pipe dreams.

Buoyed by the end of sanctions and the release of frozen assets, Iran has doubled down on a foreign policy whose goal is regional hegemony. Iran remains the leading state sponsor of international terrorism. What’s worse, Obama’s desire for a nuclear deal, at almost any cost, made the U.S. ignore Iranian threats. That’s why the U.S. tacitly allowed Iran to intervene in Syria while also consolidating its influence in Shia-dominated Iraq. That has led to the creation of what, for all intents and purposes, is an Iranian land bridge that extends from Tehran all the way to Lebanon, which is dominated by the mullahs’ Hezbollah auxiliaries.

For all of his faults, Trump’s instinctive desire to end the nuclear deal is more reality-based than the arguments of his critics. The JCPOA treated nonproliferation as the prime objective of Iran policy, and it made only weak attempts to reach this goal. The consequences are far-reaching. Iran is still on a path to a bomb — made more certain by the fact that its nuclear program now has the West’s seal of approval. And it’s also strengthened by the economic carrots that came when the stick of sanctions was removed. Iran’s renewal of its alliance with Hamas — which had been broken off over a disagreement about the Syrian civil war — will enrich another terror group while also giving Tehran the ability to start a three-front war on Israel at a time of its own choosing.

You just can't get away from blaming Obama ... but Obama never had a nuclear word war with Kim Jong Un. Face it, Trump is dangerously mad, without moral scruples, and cares about one thing only -- today's press coverage. Do we have problems with Iran? Yes. With Russia? Yes Pakistan? Yes, and we're still pretending Israel doesn't have nuclear capability. But the most immediate and most dangerous threat is N. Korea -- and the best the Pussy Grabber can do is play the dozens with Mr. Un. Reality

PkrBum

PkrBum

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote:

What Obama didn't do was play insult games with the N. Korean leader. Trump is dangerously insane and is obviously trying to provoke Kim Jong On -- into nuclear war. Trump is crazy and if you really do like him, you're insane too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum