Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nashville Statement

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Nashville Statement Empty Nashville Statement 8/31/2017, 3:05 pm

polecat

polecat

Some folks from the group most likely to support President Pussygrab have thoughts to share about personal morality.

Dear "Christians" who supported Trump,

You don't get to lecture anyone on a goddamn thing.

2Nashville Statement Empty Re: Nashville Statement 8/31/2017, 3:16 pm

Telstar

Telstar

polecat wrote:Some folks from the group most likely to support President Pussygrab have thoughts to share about personal morality.

Nashville Statement 58336e10

3Nashville Statement Empty Re: Nashville Statement 8/31/2017, 3:40 pm

zsomething

polecat wrote:Some folks from the group most likely to support President Pussygrab have thoughts to share about personal morality.

Absolutely.

The right-wing version of Christians (I differentiate) have long looked at atheists as their enemy. I'm an atheist, and, while I don't think all Christians are bad and figure most of 'em got into it with good intentions, I would be happy to see mankind outgrow the need for the fairytales. But, I and other atheists would never be able to destroy the religion.

But, we don't need to. The right-wing version of Christians are doing that to themselves. When you take a philosophy that's supposed to be about love and tolerance and acceptance, and you use it to create divisions and enforce them, and to label groups as enemies... then you start the clock on that religion's lifespan. They're already losing the millennial generation because of this bigotry... and that Nashville Letter is just another coup de grace. I see a lot of churches are denouncing it, out of self-preservation if not sincerity, but it's kind of futile at this point. Christianity is far gone from what it used to be. If it were really a philosophy about love and kindness, few would have anything to complain about regarding it. But, they tossed that aside for political power, and that's poisoning 'em.

4Nashville Statement Empty Re: Nashville Statement 8/31/2017, 4:04 pm

Telstar

Telstar

zsomething wrote:

Absolutely.

The right-wing version of Christians (I differentiate) have long looked at atheists as their enemy.  I'm an atheist, and, while I don't think all Christians are bad and figure most of 'em got into it with good intentions, I would be happy to see mankind outgrow the need for the fairytales.   But, I and other atheists would never be able to destroy the religion.

But, we don't need to.  The right-wing version of Christians are doing that to themselves.  When you take a philosophy that's supposed to be about love and tolerance and acceptance, and you use it to create divisions and enforce them, and to label groups as enemies... then you start the clock on that religion's lifespan.  They're already losing the millennial generation because of this bigotry... and that Nashville Letter is just another coup de grace.  I see a lot of churches are denouncing it, out of self-preservation if not sincerity, but it's kind of futile at this point.  Christianity is far gone from what it used to be.  If it were really a philosophy about love and kindness, few would have anything to complain about regarding it.  But, they tossed that aside for political power, and that's poisoning 'em.

Doesn't #45 support transgender people?

5Nashville Statement Empty Re: Nashville Statement 8/31/2017, 6:46 pm

Y'all have no right or responsibility to question or "differentiate" anyone's faith.

Faith in govt is worse than any religion... except maybe radical Islam.

6Nashville Statement Empty Re: Nashville Statement 8/31/2017, 6:55 pm

Telstar

Telstar

PkrBum wrote:Y'all have no right or responsibility to question or "differentiate" anyone's faith.

Faith in govt is worse than any religion... except maybe radical Islam.

And drug addiction, that's what says.

7Nashville Statement Empty Re: Nashville Statement 8/31/2017, 10:03 pm

Deus X

Deus X

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum