Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

make America great again

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1make America great again Empty make America great again 8/15/2017, 11:47 am

2seaoat

2make America great again Empty Re: make America great again 8/15/2017, 12:58 pm

2seaoat

Do you suppose that President Trump likes the way these nazis think of his grandchildren......or are those grandkids just going to become another Tiffany.

3make America great again Empty Re: make America great again 8/17/2017, 12:47 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Dan Rather (FB):

The real Donald Trump has stood up... again.

There will be no pivot. There never was going to be.

There will be no becoming presidential. There never was going to be.
There will be no humility. No decorum. No sense of justice or empathy. There never was going to be.

We are far past the time for excuses, for anyone.

In one of the most surreal and depressing presidential press conferences ever, Mr. Trump said what most people dreaded but already knew. His blatant false equivalence between Nazis and those who oppose them that he said on Saturday, that's how he really feels - times a thousand.

With any other president this would be unbelievable. But with Mr. Trump it is all too believable. It is clear that he doesn't consider himself to be the President of the United States of America - no matter what his official job title says. Down where he lives he is the president of his base, which includes a lot of bigots and even Nazis and members of the Klan. Not everyone who voted for him is in this category, not nearly. But they make up a large majority of his personal base. And thankfully for all of us, this is a distinct (but frightening) minority of our nation. The vast majority of Americans are decent people of conscience. And I believe in the end this vast majority will prevail.

The question is whether those who defend the President, or seeks to normalize him or change the subject, will be seen as worse than enablers. Will they be viewed by history as sympathizers to the worst instincts of American hatred?

4make America great again Empty Re: make America great again 8/17/2017, 8:10 am

PkrBum

PkrBum

Rather was always a partisan hack with no ethical standards... a propagandist.

That you continue to print his "opinion" is a reflection on you.

5make America great again Empty Re: make America great again 8/17/2017, 9:09 am

2seaoat

Enabler. Did you read his words? Was he wrong?

6make America great again Empty Re: make America great again 8/17/2017, 9:51 am

PkrBum

PkrBum

It's just his opinion emersed in the leftist narrative... nothing original... just mindless parroting.

7make America great again Empty Re: make America great again 8/17/2017, 10:14 am

2seaoat

Enabler. Did you read his words? Was he wrong?

Ok, you established that you do not like Dan Rather, but you have still not answered the question.....was he wrong?

8make America great again Empty Re: make America great again 8/17/2017, 12:49 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.texasmonthly.com/politics/truth-or-consequences/

Truth or Consequences

Eight years ago, Dan Rather broadcast an explosive report on the Air National Guard service of President George W. Bush. It was supposed to be the legendary newsman’s finest hour. Instead, it blew up in his face, tarnishing his career forever and casting a dark cloud of doubt and suspicion over his reporting—and that of every other journalist on the case. This month, as Rather returns with a new memoir, Joe Hagan finally gets to the bottom of the greatest untold story in modern Texas politics, with exclusive, never-before-seen details that shed fresh light on who was right, who was wrong, and what really happened.

by JOE HAGAN MAY 2012

This is a long expose but worth the read.

What is omitted from this article is Rather's 9/11 reporting. Listen carefully:

9make America great again Empty Re: make America great again 8/17/2017, 1:00 pm

2seaoat

I miss Bob who was the 911 expert and made it so easy on the rest of us when he would answer 911 questions. Bob had common sense and did his homework on this issue. I am sure he is looking down at us piszed that if heaven, was everything it was built up to be, you would think he would still be able to have an internet connection.

10make America great again Empty Re: make America great again 8/17/2017, 1:40 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:I miss Bob who was the 911 expert and made it so easy on the rest of us when he would answer 911 questions.  Bob had common sense and did his homework on this issue.  I am sure he is looking down at us piszed that if heaven, was everything it was built up to be, you would think he would still be able to have an internet connection.

Bob was a good friend and I miss him every day. That doesn't mean he was right about 9/11; it simply means that you chose to believe what he said.

11make America great again Empty Re: make America great again 8/17/2017, 1:51 pm

2seaoat

Bob was a good friend and I miss him every day. That doesn't mean he was right about 9/11; it simply means that you chose to believe what he said.

No that would not be correct. It was not what Bob said, but his diligent organizing of the overwhelming independent facts which I believed. Bob was very careful to present facts which were NEVER refuted. He used logic and hard work on this issue. I would constantly mess with him when he gave his opinion, but on 911 it was not his opinion which was so impressive, but the volume of facts he presented to prove the truth.

12make America great again Empty Re: make America great again 8/17/2017, 4:14 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:Bob was a good friend and I miss him every day. That doesn't mean he was right about 9/11; it simply means that you chose to believe what he said.

No that would not be correct.  It was not what Bob said, but his diligent organizing of the overwhelming independent facts which I believed.  Bob was very careful to present facts which were NEVER refuted.  He used logic and hard work on this issue.  I would constantly mess with him when he gave his opinion, but on 911 it was not his opinion which was so impressive, but the volume of facts he presented to prove the truth.

Horse manure. Bob, like you, desperately wanted to believe that our government wouldn't attack its own citizens. The material he presented was refuted TIME AND AGAIN, and I'm positive my research equaled or surpassed his. Again, you chose to believe what he presented. The truth is still out there.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum