Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Steve Bannon and his alt right buddies in the white house need to go

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

President Trump is surrounded by Alt right by Bannon and Miller, who he has made a deal with the devil. His belated response was obvious something is amiss in the White House which actively welcomes the Alt right.

Deus X

Deus X

2seaoat wrote:President Trump is surrounded by Alt right by Bannon and Miller, who he has made a deal with the devil.    His belated response was obvious something is amiss in the White House which actively welcomes the Alt right.

For Trump opponents, Bannon and Miller may be the best thing about this Presidency.

Watching the news this morning, I see that more and more Republicans are coming out against Trump's behavior and judgement which seems to be the result of these two Trump whisperers.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Let's not leave out Sessions in the Dept. of "Just Us".

zsomething

And Gorka. That jerk actually wears a Nazi pin around and he's still in the White House. It's ridiculous.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bannon Mocks Colleagues and ‘Alt-Right’ in Interview

By MICHAEL D. SHEAR and MAGGIE HABERMAN AUG. 17, 2017

WASHINGTON — If President Trump is considering whether to fire Stephen K. Bannon, his chief strategist, as has been rumored for weeks, Mr. Bannon just gave him several new reasons.

In an interview published Wednesday by a liberal journalist, Mr. Bannon contradicted the president’s position on North Korea, bad-mouthed his colleagues in the administration, vowed to oust a female diplomat at the State Department and mocked Trump officials who fear the consequences of radically changing trade policy, saying they are “wetting themselves.”

People close to Mr. Bannon said he believed the comments were part of an off-the-record conversation with Robert Kuttner with The American Prospect that, according to the magazine, he initiated.

Still, they come as Mr. Bannon’s adversaries are aggressively seeking his ouster from the White House because of his links to Breitbart News, his feuding with other White House aides and a suspicion that he is the source of leaks about internal chaos inside the West Wing.

Mr. Bannon’s critics intensified their efforts after last weekend’s racial unrest in Charlottesville, Va. Outraged over Mr. Trump’s insistence that “both sides” were to blame for the violence that erupted during a white nationalist rally, leaving one woman dead, human rights activists demanded that the president fire so-called nationalists working in the West Wing. That group of hard-right populists in the White House is led by Mr. Bannon.

On Tuesday at Trump Tower in New York, Mr. Trump refused to guarantee Mr. Bannon’s job security but defended him as “not a racist” and “a friend.”

“We’ll see what happens with Mr. Bannon,” Mr. Trump said.

In the American Prospect article, titled “Steve Bannon, Unrepentant,” the president’s strategist appears eager to lash out at his ideological rivals in the administration, bragging about his ability to defeat those who oppose a more aggressive posture toward China on trade policy.

“That’s a fight I fight every day here,” Mr. Bannon said. “We’re still fighting. There’s Treasury and Gary Cohn and Goldman Sachs lobbying,” he said, referring to Mr. Cohn, the director of the National Economic Council at the White House.

He also specifically named Susan Thornton, the acting director of the East Asian and Pacific Affairs division at the State Department, as someone he will dispatch.

“I’m changing out people at East Asian Defense; I’m getting hawks in,” he said. “I’m getting Susan Thornton out at State.”

Just a week after the president repeatedly threatened North Korea with military action in response to Pyongyang’s nuclear missile program, Mr. Bannon mocked that position as nonsensical.

“There’s no military solution, forget it,” he said. “Until somebody solves the part of the equation that shows me that 10 million people in Seoul don’t die in the first 30 minutes from conventional weapons, I don’t know what you’re talking about, there’s no military solution here, they got us.”

Speaking on Tuesday, the same day that Mr. Trump was being assailed for his response to the Charlottesville protests, Mr. Bannon also dismissed the right-wing fringe as “a collection of clowns.” He said the more liberals talk about “identity politics,” the easier it will be for Mr. Trump to defeat Democrats by focusing on economic nationalism.

Mr. Bannon told friends that he did not believe that his conversation was an on-the-record interview. But Mr. Bannon is a savvy media operator who rarely speaks without a clear understanding of the rules. Mr. Kuttner said the issue of whether the call was on the record never came up.

zsomething

Yeah, Bannon's been talking like he's the president (well, someone has to be -- Trump's got so little leadership that the office is essentially vacant), and that's going to peeve Trump like crazy. He almost kicked Bannon out before for getting on the cover of Time and for people on Twitter teasing Trump about "President Bannon" and making cartoons. Trump is very easily manipulated -- insult him and he'll do the opposite of whatever he thinks you want him to do, and praise him and he'll dance like a trained spaniel for ya.

Bannon's doing the one thing you must never do when you work for Trump -- upstage him. So, that's going to get him in trouble.

Then again, a lot of people are demanding Trump fire Bannon because he's so mired in with the racists, and Trump can't stand to be told what to do, so... who knows? I think he wants to kick Bannon out, but spite that it'd make his enemies happy won't let him. Have to see which weakness of his nature wins out.

Deus X

Deus X

From your mouth to God's ear, Seaoat:

Bannon out at White House

President Trump has decided to push out chief strategist Stephen Bannon, according to The New York Times and other news outlets.

Trump this year has fired two other aides who helped him win the White House — Reince Priebus and Michael Flynn — but the departure of Bannon, the former head of Breitbart News, is perhaps the most significant change yet.

The president signaled Bannon stood on shaky ground Tuesday when he was asked by a reporter if he still had confidence in his chief strategist.
"We'll see what happens with Mr. Bannon," Trump responded, adding that while he believes he is a "good person," Bannon "came on very late" to the campaign.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/347102-trump-fires-stephen-bannon

There's also this: http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/18/politics/steve-bannon-white-house/index.html

zsomething

Apparently Bannon went to spend more time with his booze and face-eating fungus.

Good. Now they can open the windows to air out the stench and fumigate his office. Now they need to throw out his Nazi buddies Stephen Miller and Gorka, and they'll be getting somewhere.

Honestly, though, I think this is mostly symbolic. Trump will probably stay in close contact with the creep. Trump's frightened of him, because Breitbart and the alt-right are some of his main defenders now. He needs their propaganda to keep the cattle on board.

Deus X

Deus X

zsomething wrote:Apparently Bannon went to spend more time with his booze and face-eating fungus.

Good.  Now they can open the windows to air out the stench and fumigate his office.   Now they need to throw out his Nazi buddies Stephen Miller and Gorka, and they'll be getting somewhere.

Honestly, though, I think this is mostly symbolic.  Trump will probably stay in close contact with the creep.  Trump's frightened of him, because Breitbart and the alt-right are some of his main defenders now.  He needs their propaganda to keep the cattle on board.

This is gonna be fun to watch. Just now there's this from the CNN website:

Breitbart editor tweets: "WAR"

zsomething

Deus X wrote:
zsomething wrote:Apparently Bannon went to spend more time with his booze and face-eating fungus.

Good.  Now they can open the windows to air out the stench and fumigate his office.   Now they need to throw out his Nazi buddies Stephen Miller and Gorka, and they'll be getting somewhere.

Honestly, though, I think this is mostly symbolic.  Trump will probably stay in close contact with the creep.  Trump's frightened of him, because Breitbart and the alt-right are some of his main defenders now.  He needs their propaganda to keep the cattle on board.

This is gonna be fun to watch. Just now there's this from the CNN website:

Breitbart editor tweets: "WAR"

Knowing Brietbart that could be a reference to "White Aryan Resistance." Smile

I'm hearing Bannon resigned a while back. If that's true, it could be an amicable split. If it's not, there could be a big split in the alt-right between the Trump-cult and the Bannon-cult. It's like a couple getting a divorce when they have a million white-supremacist kids. Gonna live with dad, or mom? Yep, could be a mess, if Bannon's not a loyalist. Which he probably is...

Deus X

Deus X

zsomething wrote:  It's like a couple getting a divorce when they have a million white-supremacist kids.  

The sad fact is that it's one hell of a lot more than a mere million. It's most of Trump's base.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Bs... I'd be surprised if there are a million that would march to exercise that kind of speech.

Further... that number is shrinking fast without violence and publicity. Don't feed the animal.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum