Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What a president with nothing to hide would say to the New York Times

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

knothead

knothead

As others often say . . . . . you cannot make this shit up, incredible that this man is at the helm of our nation.  Read for yourself a portion:

NOW

Mr. Trump: Well, [Attorney General Jeff] Sessions should have never recused himself, and if he was going to recuse himself, he should have told me before he took the job, and I would have picked somebody else. . . . I think [it] is very unfair to the president.

THEN

“Jeff Sessions was very involved in my campaign, so of course he had to recuse himself from any matters having to do with my campaign. Once it came out, after his confirmation, that he had given inaccurate testimony to the Senate Judiciary Committee about his meetings with Russian officials, it was doubly a no-brainer.

Very properly, he didn’t give me a heads-up. After all, an attorney general is supposed to enforce the laws, not be part of a president’s political team. And frankly, if he hadn’t recused, I would have called him up and said, ‘What are you waiting for? We can’t have the slightest appearance of impropriety in my administration!’ ’
Mr. Trump: I just heard there was an email requesting a meeting or something — yeah, requesting a meeting. That they have information on Hillary Clinton, and I said — I mean, this was standard political stuff.

“Concern me? You better believe I have taken Junior to the woodshed over that one. I mean, someone sends a message saying a hostile foreign power is offering opposition research through a government lawyer, what do you do? What does anyone do? You call the FBI and run the other way. Instead, Junior takes the meeting and brings my campaign manager along, to boot. What was he thinking? As we find out how deeply implicated Russia was in interfering in the election, this only becomes more alarming.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/what-an-ethical-president-would-say-to-the-new-york-times/2017/07/20/cfc56e16-6d58-11e7-9c15-177740635e83_story.html?hpid=hp_no-name_opinion-card-f%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.6af310d70463

Vikingwoman

They need to hurry up and get the investigation done and start impeachment hearings.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/the-times-interview-annotated

PkrBum

PkrBum

I'd be pissed too if I hired a person to do a job and they failed to disclose they couldn't manage it completely for whatever reason. I'd fire him just for that... although there are other good reasons.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/19/business/big-german-bank-key-to-trumps-finances-faces-new-scrutiny.html?_r=0

Vikingwoman

PkrBum wrote:I'd be pissed too if I hired a person to do a job and they failed to disclose they couldn't manage it completely for whatever reason. I'd fire him just for that... although there are other good reasons.

You'd fire him for not being loyal to you instead of the country?

polecat

polecat

PkrBum wrote:I'd be pissed too if I hired a person to do a job and they failed to disclose they couldn't manage it completely for whatever reason. I'd fire him just for that... although there are other good reasons.

Did sessions know he was going to be caught lying at that point?

polecat

polecat

Know what's hilarious? I remember when GOP all collectively cheered at Mueller's appointment because they thought Trump was hiding nothing.

The second he started hiring a kickass team of prosecutors and leaks got out what he was investigating, GOP decided he's a witch hunter.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum