Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A look at the 11 proposed amendments to the Florida Constitution

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Dcat

Dcat

Florida Amendments 2012: http://suwanneedemocrat.com/jasper/x1149568717/Amendments-2012

Florida Amendments 2012: http://collinscenter.org/2012flamendments/proposed-constitutional-amendment-summary-information/

To see your sample ballot for Escambia County: http://www.electionsfl.org/escambia/index.php?mais=Y

knothead

knothead

Per the League of Women, a non partisan group, ALL of these amendments should be rejected. They urge a NO vote on all and I agree.

Dcat

Dcat

knothead wrote:Per the League of Women, a non partisan group, ALL of these amendments should be rejected. They urge a NO vote on all and I agree.

So I'm guessing you like Obamacare, and the federal government forcing you to purchase health insurance?

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

If the forum dumbasses are against them, I'm voting for them without reading what they are. Thanks knothead. You saved me a few minutes on voting day.

knothead

knothead

I completely support your right to cast your vote as you see fit. The League of Women know these amendments and issues inside out and they urge a NO vote. Unless you are a constitutional scholar and by your post it is clear you are not (and neither am I), I will follow their recommendation. Whenever those politicians write long winded confusing gobbledegoop I know it is not in either your or my interest.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

knothead wrote:I completely support your right to cast your vote as you see fit. The League of Women know these amendments and issues inside out and they urge a NO vote. Unless you are a constitutional scholar and by your post it is clear you are not (and neither am I), I will follow their recommendation. Whenever those politicians write long winded confusing gobbledegoop I know it is not in either your or my interest.

Follow the path of the dodo bird if you like. I prefer the path of winners.

knothead

knothead

[quote="ghandi"]
knothead wrote:I completely support your right to cast your vote as you see fit. The League of Women know these amendments and issues inside out and they urge a NO vote. Unless you are a constitutional scholar and by your post it is clear you are not (and neither am I), I will follow their recommendation. Whenever those politicians write long winded confusing gobbledegoop I know it is not in either your or my interest.

Follow the path of the dodo bird if you like. I prefer the path of winners.

Huh? Dodo bird? Winners? Very odd reply but whatever . . . .

Amendment 2: : Veteran’s Property Tax Discount

Title on Ballot: Veterans Disabled Due To Combat Injury; Homestead Property Tax Discount

Sponsor/Originator: The Florida Legislature

What it would do: This amendment would allow certain disabled veterans, who were not Florida residents prior to entering military service, to qualify for a discount on their property taxes.

If You Vote Yes: A “yes” vote means you want the state to give a property tax discount to disabled veterans who moved to Florida after entering the military.

If You Vote No: A “no” vote means you do not want to extend the tax discount to disabled veterans who moved to Florida after entering the military.

How come they have a problem letting disabled vets get a tax break?

knothead

knothead

Lurch wrote:Amendment 2: : Veteran’s Property Tax Discount

Title on Ballot: Veterans Disabled Due To Combat Injury; Homestead Property Tax Discount

Sponsor/Originator: The Florida Legislature

What it would do: This amendment would allow certain disabled veterans, who were not Florida residents prior to entering military service, to qualify for a discount on their property taxes.

If You Vote Yes: A “yes” vote means you want the state to give a property tax discount to disabled veterans who moved to Florida after entering the military.

If You Vote No: A “no” vote means you do not want to extend the tax discount to disabled veterans who moved to Florida after entering the military.

How come they have a problem letting disabled vets get a tax break?

Good question, I went back and re-read it. It is one that seems fairly straightforward so I'm re-considering that one. I just don't trust those birds in Tallahassee so thanks for bringing this to my attention. I support our veterans 100%.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum