Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Congressional baseball game looks like fun

+2
PkrBum
2seaoat
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

Gosh, I am watching the game in the background of the CNN reporting, and does that look like fun. People need to interact socially and have some fun. It has gotten so serious. I like socializing with people and used to play on two softball teams in the summer.....it was pure fun as we acted like kids and enjoyed the game and the characters who played. I am so envious of the fun they are having.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Did you play in pcola? I played for several years on some pretty good teams.

2seaoat

I did not. I played third base and usually had the highest batting average on the team. I only hit a few home runs over the fence and was more of a line drive hitter. My dream as a kid was to pitch for the White Sox, but when I broke my right arm in BB game, and two radi my growth plate got all fouled up and my tendons caught at the wrist. Freshman year I went out to pitch and I could no longer throw with velocity. I went to third because I still had a strong arm, but not strong enough to pitch.

I remember that Navarre had a batting cage where the fastest position would throw 85mph. I had my son who was a baseball stud and one of his friends when they were about 13 get in that cage, and could not hit it. I surprised myself as I hit everything. I often wished I could have continued playing hardball, but softball filled the competitive gap. It was just fun to have the wife and kids come with the other kids and play while the dads played on the field. It was a very good time in my life.

Telstar

Telstar

Democrats 11 Republicans 2 Final.

2seaoat

Richmond who was pitching for the dems is clearly younger and more athletic than his peers. He was throwing mid 80s on some of his pitches and had good control. Maybe the republicans need to get a crazy elected who bleeds from the ankles......might make it fair.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:I did not.  I played third base and usually had the highest batting average on the team.  I only hit a few home runs over the fence and was more of a line drive hitter. My dream as a kid was to pitch for the White Sox, but when I broke my right arm in BB game, and two radi my growth plate got all fouled up and my tendons caught at the wrist.  Freshman year I went out to pitch and I could no longer throw with velocity.  I went to third because I still had a strong arm, but not strong enough to pitch.

I remember that Navarre had a batting cage where the fastest position would throw 85mph.  I had my son who was a baseball stud and one of his friends when they were about 13 get in that cage, and could not hit it.  I surprised myself as I hit everything.   I often wished I could have continued playing hardball, but softball filled the competitive gap.  It was just fun to have the wife and kids come with the other kids and play while the dads played on the field.  It was a very good time in my life.

Family fun.

Telstar

Telstar

2seaoat wrote:Richmond who was pitching for the dems is clearly younger and more athletic than his peers.   He was throwing mid 80s on some of his pitches and had good control.  Maybe the republicans need to get a crazy elected who bleeds from the ankles......might make it fair.

Curt Schilling? scratch

RealLindaL

It was especially heartwarming to see they sold about 25,000 tickets, wa-a-a-y more than usual. Great for their charities, and a resounding signal of bipartisan support.

Unfortunately, the rare unity occasioned by this shooting is destined to fade, as it always does in our current day U.S.A. And Scalise and family are paying with an extremely difficult challenge.

PkrBum

PkrBum

The dems even gave the trophy back to the pubs to put in scalise's office. Very nice.

2seaoat

I sense more than the story line we are being fed of bipartisan support for civility, that there is a general fear among members of Congress that after a decade of promoting political extreme positions that talking chit may have consequences with citizens who just get pushed over the line. I think what is driving this is fear. The idea you can on both sides of the aisle chit on citizens and take extreme positions is causing crazy behavior at town hall meetings across America. The realization that the average member of congress is totally susceptible to this type of shooting incident anywhere, and that people are beyond angry as MSNBC and Fox stir the pot for ratings on each side, it is not civility which has gotten their attention......I think it is cowardice as the guy who smarts off to people thinking the teachers or others will protect them, and that first time they get their asz kicked and they quit talking chit.....nobody is fooled about what has motivated that person. I think the shooting was horrible and solves nothing, but certainly the cocky arrogant talking of chit on both sides has just got chilled.

Sal

Sal

Old white dudes shocked to discover American politics can be incendiary and violent ... film at 11.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum