Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Here folks

+2
2seaoat
zsomething
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Here folks  Empty Here folks 5/24/2017, 10:05 am

Speech was given by Governor Lamm at the 2004 Immigration-Overpopulation Conference in Washington, D.C.

He titled it “A Plan to Destroy America.”

Subject: Sobering please read
Scary is an understatement!!!

Democratic Governor of Colorado. His comments are right on the mark. Wherever you stand, please take the time to read this; it ought to scare the beejeebers out of you!

We know Dick Lamm as Governor of Colorado .. In that context his thoughts are particularly poignant. Last week there was an immigration overpopulation conference in Washington , DC , filled to capacity by many of America 's finest minds and leaders. A brilliant college professor by the name of Victor Hansen Davis talked about his latest book, 'Mexifornia,' explaining how immigration - both legal and illegal was destroying the entire state of California . He said it would march across the country until it destroyed all vestiges of The American Dream.

Moments later, former Colorado Governor Richard D. Lamm stood up and gave a stunning speech on how to destroy America.

The audience sat spellbound as he described eight methods for the destruction of the United States . He said, 'If you believe that America is too smug, too self-satisfied, too rich, then let's destroy America . It is not that hard to do. No nation in history has survived the ravages of time. Arnold Toynbee observed that all great civilizations rise and fall and that 'An autopsy of history would show that all great nations commit suicide.''

'Here is how they do it,' Lamm said:

'First, to destroy America , turn America into a bilingual or multi-lingual and bicultural country... History shows that no nation can survive the tension, conflict, and antagonism of two or more competing languages and cultures. It is a blessing for an individual to be bilingual; however, it is a curse for a society to be bilingual. The historical scholar, Seymour Lipset, put it this way: 'The histories of bilingual and bicultural societies that do not assimilate are histories of turmoil, tension, and tragedy.' Canada , Belgium , Malaysia , and Lebanon all face crises of national existence in which minorities press for autonomy , if not independence. Pakistan and Cyprus have divided. Nigeria suppressed an ethnic rebellion. France faces difficulties with Basques, Bretons, Corsicans and Muslims.'

Lamm went on: Second, to destroy America , invent 'multiculturalism' and encourage immigrants to maintain their culture. Make it an article of belief that all cultures are equal; that there are no cultural differences. Make it an article of faith that the Black and Hispanic dropout rates are due solely to prejudice and discrimination by the majority. Every other explanation is out of bounds.

'Third, we could make the United States an 'Hispanic Quebec ' without much effort. The key is to celebrate diversity rather than unity. As Benjamin Schwarz said in the Atlantic Monthly recently: 'The apparent success of our own multi-ethnic and multicultural experiment might have been achieved not by tolerance but by hegemony. Without the dominance that once dictated ethnocentricy and what it meant to be an American, we are left with only tolerance and pluralism to hold us together.' Lamm said, 'I would encourage all immigrants to keep their own language and culture. I would replace the melting pot metaphor with the salad bowl metaphor. It is important to ensure that we have various cultural subgroups living in America enforcing their differences rather than as Americans, emphasizing their similarities.'

'Fourth, I would make our fastest growing demographic group the least educated. I would add a second underclass, unassimilated, undereducated, and antagonistic to our population. I would have this second underclass have a 50% dropout rate from high school.'

'My fifth point for destroying America would be to get big foundations and business to give these efforts lots of money. I would invest in ethnic identity, and I would establish the cult of 'Victimology...' I would get all minorities to think that their lack of success was the fault of the majority. I would start a grievance industry blaming all minority failure on the majority.'

'My sixth plan for America 's downfall would include dual citizenship, and promote divided loyalties. I would celebrate diversity over unity. I would stress differences rather than similarities. Diverse people worldwide are mostly engaged in hating each other - that is, when they are not killing each other. A diverse, peaceful, or stable society is against most historical precept. People undervalue the unity it takes to keep a nation together. Look at the ancient Greeks. The Greeks believed that they belonged to the same race; they possessed a common language and literature; and they worshipped the same gods. All Greece took part in the Olympic games.. A common enemy, Persia , threatened their liberty. Yet all these bonds were not strong enough to overcome two factors: local patriotism and geographical conditions that nurtured political divisions. Greece fell. 'E. Pluribus Unum' -- From many, one. In that historical reality, if we put the emphasis on the 'pluribus' instead of the 'Unum,' we will 'Balkanize' America as surely as Kosovo.'

'Next to last, I would place all subjects off limits. Make it taboo to talk about anything against the cult of 'diversity.' I would find a word similar to 'heretic' in the 16th century - that stopped discussion and paralyzed thinking. Words like 'racist' or 'xenophobe' halt discussion and debate. Having made America a bilingual/bicultural country, having established multi-cultum, having the large foundations fund the doctrine of 'Victimology,' I would next make it impossible to enforce our immigration laws. I would develop a mantra: That because immigration has been good for America , it must always be good. I would make every individual immigrant symmetric and ignore the cumulative impact of millions of them.' In the last minute of his speech, Governor Lamm wiped his brow. Profound silence followed. Finally he said, 'Lastly, I would censor Victor Hanson Davis's book 'Mexifornia.' His book is dangerous. It exposes the plan to destroy America .. If you feel America deserves to be destroyed, don't read that book.'

There was no applause. A chilling fear quietly rose like an ominous cloud above every attendee at the conference. Every American in that room knew that everything Lamm enumerated was proceeding methodically, quietly, darkly, yet pervasively across the United States today. Discussion is being suppressed. Over 100 languages are ripping the foundation of our educational system and national cohesiveness. Even barbaric cultures that practice female genital mutilation are growing as we celebrate 'diversity.' American jobs are vanishing into the Third World as corporations create a Third World in America Take note of California and other states. To date, ten million illegal aliens and growing fast. It is reminiscent of George Orwell's book '1984..' In that story, three slogans are engraved in the Ministry of Truth building: 'War is peace,' 'Freedom is slavery,' and 'Ignorance is strength..'

Governor Lamm walked back to his seat. It dawned on everyone at the conference that our nation and the future of this great democracy is deeply in trouble and worsening fast. If we don't get this immigration monster stopped within three years, it will rage like a California wildfire and destroy everything in its path, especially The American Dream.

If you love our country as I do, pass this on.

2Here folks  Empty Re: Here folks 5/24/2017, 11:02 am

zsomething

I dunno, I think the real threat to America is that we have too many fear-mongering, idiotic, bigoted pieces of shit who mistakenly think they're more valuable than everyone else, and are too weak to live in situations that aren't tailor-made to their advantage.

Smile

3Here folks  Empty Re: Here folks 5/24/2017, 11:43 am

2seaoat

Immigration is exactly why America has grown and succeeded. The racism against spanish speaking brown skinned catholics fits nicely with the Alt Right fascism. Sorry to disappoint but Hispanics help make America Great.

4Here folks  Empty Re: Here folks 5/24/2017, 1:06 pm

Sal

Sal

zsomething wrote:I dunno, I think the real threat to America is that we have too many fear-mongering, idiotic, bigoted pieces of shit who mistakenly think they're more valuable than everyone else, and are too weak to live in situations that aren't tailor-made to their advantage.

Smile

Here folks  Wiser-s-slow-clap-o

5Here folks  Empty Re: Here folks 5/24/2017, 1:19 pm

del.capslock

del.capslock

Here's a response to that xenophobic drivel that was posted on the site Stonekettle Station. The link is below.

For the record, I have done far more than simply ‘mull it over’ and my actions are a matter of record. My opinions are based on a lifetime of experience and action, not neo-conservative alarmism and racist scare-tactics. While you and Dick Lamm were sitting around talking about patriotism and how the country is going to hell in a hand basket, I was serving the United States in uniform. I spent 24 years in military service, honorably retiring my sword six months ago. I served in two wars and numerous actions short of war, as both an enlisted man and as an officer. I was decorated thirteen times, including citations for valor in combat and for saving the lives of 43 Iraqis. I led US fighting men on four continents and six oceans. For two and half decades I upheld my oath to the Constitution of the United States and the Navy core values of Honor, Courage, and Commitment. These actions are a matter of public record; as such, I am sick and tired of attempts by those who have never served this country – those who have never put their own ass on the line – to lecture me on patriotism and service. And I am fed up with your racist, xenophobic, homophobic, and bigoted agenda.

Here’s something for you to mull over: many of the people I served alongside were immigrants, or the children of immigrants. Many were not even US citizens. A significant fraction of US military forces are made up of men and women from Mexico, Liberia, the Philippines, and many other nations – including Middle Eastern nations. They are men and women of many religions or none, of many races and ethnicities, who speak many languages, and who have many and diverse traditions and histories, but who all have sworn to stand together and uphold the fundamental principles of the US Constitution. They are men and women who have come to this country seeking a better life for themselves and their families. They have voluntarily sworn serve and defend America and they are out there right now in the dark and dangerous corners of the world fighting for your right to call them unfit. They have placed their own precious selves in harm’s way in the service of a flag that is not even their own so that they and their children may one day share in the American dream. Many have returned in body bags. They lay entombed in the soil of a foreign nation far from their families and homes, buried honorably beneath the American flag. Some were my friends and shipmates and they have done far more than either you or Dick Lamm, or the current jackass of a President for that matter, to secure the future this country. But because they spoke a language other than your own, you ignore and deride their sacrifice under the very banner that keeps you free. I suggest you mull that over, and your hypocrisy, the next time you stand smugly self-righteous in your scout leader uniform before the memorial wall.

Regarding the xenophobic nonsense below, nearly every bit of it is easily proved false, but you’d have to look at more than just neo-con propaganda. Throughout history, there have been many, many multicultural and multilingual nations that have enjoyed long and rich histories, many still exist today and I’ve visited a number, you might do some research before propagating this crap across the internet. As to America, my own great grand parents were Dutch and Irish immigrants. They, like millions of others including your own ancestors I suspect, came to these shores decades ago. They brought with them their own languages, beliefs, cultures, and traditions – and far from destroying America, they enriched it. They built the railroads, and the farms, and the factories. They dug the mines and built the dams. They became doctors, and policemen, and scientists. And when this country was in need, they marched to war and many did not come home again. But throughout it all, many kept their languages and culture alive. Today the result is St. Patrick’s Day, Pulaski Days, Mardi Gras, the German fair, the Scottish Highland Games, Cinco de Mayo, China Town, Black History month, Jewish Kosher delis, pizza, loan words that have expanded American English, and a thousand other things that have made America a dynamic and vibrant culture. Far from destroying America, those immigrants built America – and today’s immigrants are no different. They come here for the same reasons your ancestors did, and they look upon this land with exactly the same sense of wonder and awe that my own great grand parents did. Today immigrants pick the fruits and vegetables you enjoy year around for low prices. They do the menial labor in restaurants and hotels and factories that you wouldn’t dream of stooping to. They work in the sweat shops of New York and Chicago so you can wear shirts with “made in America” labels on them, and they wear the same clothes you do and are just as proud to do so. They work for far less than minimum wage, and they scrimp and save, so that their children may one day have something better – exactly as your own ancestors did. They may speak a different language, or worship different gods, or have different traditions - just as your ancestors did - but their children will speak English and be as American as you and I. Their diversity adds to our strength, your fear and small mindedness subtracts from it.

In the entrance to New York Harbor, stands a gift from France and the very symbol of America: the Statue of Liberty. She stands upon a marble pedestal, and engraved at her feet are the following words: Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me: I lift my lamp beside the golden door. These words were not meant for only English speaking Christian white people, but for all of mankind. These are the people I fought for, and alongside of. These are the people who gave their lives to secure your freedom.

http://www.stonekettle.com/2008/02/yes-more-head-spodery.html

Stonekettle Station also has a great piece on the Florida panhandle: http://www.stonekettle.com/2017/05/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/

6Here folks  Empty Re: Here folks 5/24/2017, 2:38 pm

gatorfan

2seaoat wrote:Immigration is exactly why America has grown and succeeded.  The racism against spanish speaking brown skinned catholics fits nicely with the Alt Right fascism.   Sorry to disappoint but Hispanics help make America Great.

Apparently LEGAL immigration is so old fashioned. I don't know anyone who opposes legal immigration regardless of the country of origin. I know a LOT of folks, including several recently naturalized citizens, who oppose illegal immigration. For a variety of very good reasons.......

7Here folks  Empty Re: Here folks 5/24/2017, 3:10 pm

2seaoat

Apparently LEGAL immigration is so old fashioned.

You are disconnected with history, and seek the racist xenophobic hateful immigration restrictions of the fascist era 1920s to define legal immigration. It used to be a person got on a boat and came to this country. There was NO lawful immigration when our founding fathers launched this nation. So if you think the fascist 1920s is old fashion go for it. If you think discrimination based on race, religion, and ethnicity is ok.....go for it. This country was built on immigration period, and your artificial line drawing based on fascist principles is not old fashioned, it is fascist rhetoric which lead to WWII. I compare immigration to traffic law. Somebody went 10 mph over the speed limit......big deal. If an immigrant murders, we have criminal laws. My experience with Mexican non documented families is 100% they contribute to the success of America, but I am not afraid of brown people or black people, and the thought of a chinese immigrant requiring hateful xenophobic LAW to stop their access to this nation is just scardy cat racist wanting to keep this nation predominately white, and with white privilege in control.

Now if you want to argue how without hateful and discriminatory quotas America would be over run by terrorists, well maybe. However, if we stop every bit of immigration, as certain as the sun will rise an American citizen will commit a terrorist act. The Senate bill with a path to citizenship was three years ago supported by bipartisan support until it got in the Alt right freedom caucus in the house where they shut it down. Weak knee wussies afraid of brown and black people and the thought they will have to compete and cannot rely on their inheritance and white privilege. Please take that old fashioned myth and stick it where the sun does not shine.

8Here folks  Empty Re: Here folks 5/24/2017, 3:13 pm

2seaoat

It was only the last 75 years that restrictions of the free flow of people on our southern border even existed. As soon as Brown vs Board of education and the civil rights legislation started passing was it necessary to keep brown skinned Catholics who spoke spanish out of this country.

9Here folks  Empty Re: Here folks 5/24/2017, 3:32 pm

gatorfan

2seaoat wrote:Apparently LEGAL immigration is so old fashioned.

You are disconnected with history, and seek the racist xenophobic hateful immigration restrictions of the fascist era 1920s to define legal immigration.  It used to be a person got on a boat and came to this country.  There was NO lawful immigration when our founding fathers launched this nation.  So if you think the fascist 1920s is old fashion go for it.  If you think discrimination based on race, religion, and ethnicity is ok.....go for it.   This country was built on immigration period, and your artificial line drawing based on fascist principles is not old fashioned, it is fascist rhetoric which lead to WWII.   I compare immigration to traffic law.   Somebody went 10 mph over the speed limit......big deal.   If an immigrant murders, we have criminal laws.   My experience with Mexican non documented families is 100% they contribute to the success of America, but I am not afraid of brown people or black people, and the thought of a chinese immigrant requiring hateful xenophobic LAW to stop their access to this nation is just scardy cat racist wanting to keep this nation predominately white, and with white privilege in control.  

Now if you want to argue how without hateful and discriminatory quotas America would be over run by terrorists, well maybe.   However, if we stop every bit of immigration, as certain as the sun will rise an American citizen will commit a terrorist act.  The Senate bill with a path to citizenship was three years ago supported by bipartisan support until it got in the Alt right freedom caucus in the house where they shut it down.  Weak knee wussies afraid of brown and black people and the thought they will have to compete and cannot rely on their inheritance and white privilege.  Please take that old fashioned myth and stick it where the sun does not shine.

Missed the point didn't you? It took you 308 words to prove that you don't understand the issues with illegals. In addition to the fact that you try to foist "fascist this, old fashioned myths that BS on me is just ridiculous.

Illegals (most of them) are hard working folks trying to raise their family at a severe disadvantage, akin to slave labor with no light at the end of the tunnel. And you think that's OK. I don't.....

I've argued MANY times for a REASONABLE path to citizenship for illegals. If you want to get kicked in the nuts for saying it's OK to be illegal tell the woman I know from Honduras who did it the right (hard) way and became a citizen. Learned English and everything. Just like my Great-Grandparents who fled the Germans in WWI and became citizens. So take a hike back to your self-constructed ivory tower and reflect on your mistakes.

10Here folks  Empty Re: Here folks 5/24/2017, 3:48 pm

zsomething

gatorfan wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Immigration is exactly why America has grown and succeeded.  The racism against spanish speaking brown skinned catholics fits nicely with the Alt Right fascism.   Sorry to disappoint but Hispanics help make America Great.

Apparently LEGAL immigration is so old fashioned. I don't know anyone who opposes legal immigration regardless of the country of origin. I know a LOT of folks, including several recently naturalized citizens, who oppose illegal immigration. For a variety of very good reasons.......

You don't know anyone who opposes legal immigration? Visit Mississippi and I'll introduce you to a few dozen. And those are just the ones I have to put up with on a daily basis.

11Here folks  Empty Re: Here folks 5/24/2017, 4:02 pm

gatorfan

zsomething wrote:
gatorfan wrote:

You don't know anyone who opposes legal immigration?   Visit Mississippi and I'll introduce you to a few dozen.  And those are just the ones I have to put up with on a daily basis.

Nope - I don't associate with close minded people, regardless of which side of the political spectrum they inhabit. I just tune them out and ignore them, probably why I rarely post here anymore.

12Here folks  Empty Re: Here folks 5/24/2017, 4:16 pm

zsomething

gatorfan wrote:
zsomething wrote:
gatorfan wrote:

You don't know anyone who opposes legal immigration?   Visit Mississippi and I'll introduce you to a few dozen.  And those are just the ones I have to put up with on a daily basis.

Nope - I don't associate with close minded people, regardless of which side of the political spectrum they inhabit. I just tune them out and ignore them, probably why I rarely post here anymore.

Well, that's probably a good strategy... but don't try to use it as an example that there are no such people, then. There are plenty... you just don't know 'em. I wish I didn't, but I've got a job, so I have to associate with all kinds of people I'd rather not.

13Here folks  Empty Re: Here folks 5/24/2017, 6:14 pm

You are disconnected with history, and seek the racist xenophobic hateful immigration restrictions of the fascist era 1920s to define legal immigration.  It used to be a person got on a boat and came to this country.  There was NO lawful immigration when our founding fathers launched this nation.  So if you think the fascist 1920s is old fashion go for it.  If you think discrimination based on race, religion, and ethnicity is ok.....go for it.   This country was built on immigration period, and your artificial line drawing based on fascist principles is not old fashioned, it is fascist rhetoric which lead to WWII.   I compare immigration to traffic law.   Somebody went 10 mph over the speed limit......big deal.   If an immigrant murders, we have criminal laws.   My experience with Mexican non documented families is 100% they contribute to the success of America, but I am not afraid of brown people or black people, and the thought of a chinese immigrant requiring hateful xenophobic LAW to stop their access to this nation is just scardy cat racist wanting to keep this nation predominately white, and with white privilege in control.  

Now if you want to argue how without hateful and discriminatory quotas America would be over run by terrorists, well maybe.   However, if we stop every bit of immigration, as certain as the sun will rise an American citizen will commit a terrorist act.  The Senate bill with a path to citizenship was three years ago supported by bipartisan support until it got in the Alt right freedom caucus in the house where they shut it down.  Weak knee wussies afraid of brown and black people and the thought they will have to compete and cannot rely on their inheritance and white privilege.  Please take that old fashioned myth and stick it where the sun does not shine.

Legal immigration is OK. Illegal immigration is not.

14Here folks  Empty Re: Here folks 5/24/2017, 6:54 pm

del.capslock

del.capslock

Waiting wrote:

An eight-word response to a 300-word post. Brilliant!

Every post of yours is just a link to an article written by someone else. Seaoat at least wrote a 300-word post of his own. You are apparently too intellectually challenged to express your own ideas--assuming you actually have any.

To what do you attribute your obvious intellectual defects--inbreeding?

15Here folks  Empty Re: Here folks 5/24/2017, 10:55 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

This man was governor from 1975-1987. He is now old and, I hate to say, irrelevant.

16Here folks  Empty Re: Here folks 5/25/2017, 5:11 am

2seaoat

If a person does not understand the nature and origins of the quota system from the 1870s and again in the 1920s, they will never have an honest perspective on immigration. It is all about brown people changing the face of America. Immigration is good for the economy and the nation, regardless of a person paying their speeding fine, which is exactly what being here without papers is analogous to when speaking about how bad it is. All immigration is basically good, and yes, there are exceptions, but the general rule remains.

In regard to the denial of fascism in regard to the quotas, you just have to be blind.

17Here folks  Empty Re: Here folks 5/25/2017, 6:19 am

2seaoat wrote:If a person does not understand the nature and origins of the quota system from the 1870s and again in the 1920s, they will never have an honest perspective on immigration.  It is all about brown people changing the face of America.  Immigration is good for the economy and the nation, regardless of a person paying their speeding fine, which is exactly what being here without papers is analogous to when speaking about how bad it is.   All immigration is basically good, and yes, there are exceptions, but the general rule remains.

In regard to the denial of fascism in regard to the quotas, you just have to be blind.

Immigration is not good when those coming in refuse to assimilate. It's not good when those we bring in have an agenda that is contrary to the values that are opposite of what the Constitution says is the law of the land. Immigrants now come here who expect a handout. Immigrants use to come here only expecting a change from the repressive regime that they left behind somewhere else. The middle class has been run over by the last two administrations in an economic sense- Bush 43 and Obama 44. We're bringing in people for jobs that Americans can do, but business would rather hire someone from India or Pakistan who work for 1/2 the benefits and pay then an American worker with the same skill set. Or if a business doesn't get it's way it moves overseas and still pays the foreigner 1/2 or less to work and shelters its profits from being taxed and stealing from Americans 2x in the lost jobs and tax revenue. Bush and Obama both hosed American workers. Now we might have a guy who will change it in Trump, but the establishments of both parties are out to tear him down. When we again have enough decent paying jobs for Americans, sure bring in new folks. Ensure they are here for the right reasons too. Otherwise, we are slowly sliding into an EU that is financially, morally, and socially bankrupt.

18Here folks  Empty Re: Here folks 5/25/2017, 6:23 am

del.capslock wrote:
Waiting wrote:

An eight-word response to a 300-word post. Brilliant!

Every post of yours is just a link to an article written by someone else. Seaoat at least wrote a 300-word post of his own. You are apparently too intellectually challenged to express your own ideas--assuming you actually have any.

To what do you attribute your obvious intellectual defects--inbreeding?

Quality not quantity gumby.

19Here folks  Empty Re: Here folks 5/25/2017, 3:37 pm

del.capslock

del.capslock

Waiting wrote:
Quality not quantity gumby.

Brilliant.

Normal people would be embarrassed to demonstrate their stupidity so publicly.

I guess that makes you exceptionally stupid.

20Here folks  Empty Re: Here folks 5/25/2017, 8:17 pm

2seaoat

Immigrants now come here who expect a handout.

You do not know any immigrants. None. I know immigrants from Poland, Romania, Ukraine, Germany, Mexico, Bolivia, Guatamala, India, Pakistan, Ireland, Slovokia, and to the last one of them they work harder than any person in the Panhandle who has lived there for 100 years. I am sorry that you think sucking on the government teat working for the military is not its own kind of handout, where folks expect pensions, discounts at stores, medical benefits for free, and respect because they bombed civilians in some backwater middle east country which did nothing to America. In comparison that immigrant will work a 60 hour week and not blink, has no expectation of any discounts, no expectation because they served a few years pushing paper that they get a lifetime of free medical, and they work and take care of their families without having to be a paid mercenary killing civilian children bravely from the air while dropping bombs. No, Immigration is what has made America successful. Their flavor and traditions which they have every right to maintain are in stark contrast to lock step conformity where a sign during election time said Southern Baptist Christians vote for Trump. Yea, thank God that his children are not cookie cutter dullards who occupy the panhandle and who never worked except to get on the government dole, and then attack hard working immigrants who are taking care of their families. My mother's family goes back to the 1830s within 150 miles of Pensacola and I know what I speak on the shiftless backwater environment which breeds hate toward immigrants. I remember my grandmother in Birmingham attacking her next door neighbor because he was Italian(3rd generation American and WWII vet), and that they were really not christians. Yep, 200 years of inbreeding and the truth is the only hope for the Panhandle is intermarriage with immigrants.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum