Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trump threatens Comey on Twitter, Yikes!

+6
Floridatexan
2seaoat
PkrBum
Sal
gatorfan
del.capslock
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

del.capslock

del.capslock

Aye yi yi! Trump just tweeted this:

Trump threatens Comey on Twitter, Yikes! KAj3Z4N

http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/

gatorfan

Trumpet needs to do the whole country a favor and resign. Today would be great.

del.capslock

del.capslock

gatorfan wrote:Trumpet needs to do the whole country a favor and resign. Today would be great.

ARE YOU CRAZY? Politics hasn't been this much fun for forty years! He's going down but I hope he goes down slow, fighting the whole way.

Sal

Sal

del.capslock wrote:Aye yi yi! Trump just tweeted this:

Trump threatens Comey on Twitter, Yikes! KAj3Z4N

I'm no lawyer, and I know the POTUS gets a lot of leeway, but I still can't see how this isn't at least the third instance of obstruction of justice.

The orange douche is batshit crazy!  

How did this jackass ever got the redumblican nomination?
Mad

del.capslock

del.capslock

Sal wrote:

I'm no lawyer, and I know the POTUS gets a lot of leeway, but I still can't see how this isn't at least the third instance of obstruction of justice.

Comey's a private citizen now so maybe not, I don't know either. Actually I don't think obstruction of justice is what's going to take Trump down.

It's only been four months and there's been a controversy almost every week. I think more and more Republicans will get disgusted with his behavior and he'll be so marginalized he'll find some reason to resign--health, maybe.

I just hope he lasts long enough to thoroughly discredit the Republican party and ensure Democratic majorities and finally the Presidency.  I'd hate to see him impeached, that would just widen the already gaping political divide. If he resigns other than in lieu of impeachment, narrowing the chasm might be possible.

But what do I know, this is all undiscovered country.

Sure is fun to watch though.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Discrediting the pub party is a stretch... he was elected because he wasn't an establishment candidate. In fact... they hardly backed him and would've cheated him of the nomination like the dems did Sanders if they could've.

2seaoat

President Trump needs to get a lawyer who is not afraid to tell him to STFU and listen. This last tweet is an attempt to intimidate the former FBI director who can and will testify as to the conversations at that dinner. Witness intimidation combined with a firing which clearly attempted to expedite or end the Russian investigation is getting close to prove elements of a criminal indictment. The FBI director if cautious and restrained can lay the groundwork for a criminal prosecution. President Trump simply was unqualified to serve in government where he clearly thinks that ethics and laws are speed bumps and nothing more.

del.capslock

del.capslock

The thought occurs to me that maybe everyone is taking that tweet the wrong way.

Trump might be saying that Comey better not have taped the meeting without his--Trump's--knowledge which could be a violation of the law. That might be the threat.

If I was Trump, that's the way I'd spin it.

2seaoat

Unless the FBI director based on improper attempts to influence him, had gone to a judge and sought a warrant to tape further conversations with the President. That would have required incredibly stupid attempts by Trump to influence the FBI director, and incredible courage on the director's part to get a warrant. I would guess there are no tapes. He said....she said.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:President Trump needs to get a lawyer who is not afraid to tell him to STFU and listen.  This last tweet is an attempt to intimidate the former FBI director who can and will testify as to the conversations at that dinner.  Witness intimidation combined with a firing which clearly attempted to expedite or end the Russian investigation is getting close to prove elements of a criminal indictment.   The FBI director if cautious and restrained can lay the groundwork for a criminal prosecution.  President Trump simply was unqualified to serve in government where he clearly thinks that ethics and laws are speed bumps and nothing more.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/trump-hires-law-firm-rebut-suggestion-russia-business-ties-n757106

"president donald trump (lower case intentional) has hired a Washington law firm to send a letter to a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee saying he has no connections to Russia, White House press secretary Sean Spicer said Tuesday.

Spicer's revelation was in response to a question from reporters on a briefing about committee member Sen. Lindsey Graham's remarks that he wants to look into whether Trump has any business dealings with Russia.

"The president, obviously, was aware of Senator Graham's suggestion after he made it today and he's fine with that. He has no business in Russia. He has no connections to Russia. So he welcomes that," Spicer said.

"In fact, he is already charged a leading law firm in Washington, D.C., to send a certified letter to Senator Graham to that point that he has no connections to Russia," Spicer said..."

PkrBum

PkrBum

Obama repeatedly chimed in his opinion... from a fbi investigation right down to a beat cop patrol.

This is dumb.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PkrBum wrote:Obama repeatedly chimed in his opinion... from a fbi investigation right down to a beat cop patrol.

This is dumb.

Always.....started 6 Mos into his first term.

Sal

Sal

Joanimaroni wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Obama repeatedly chimed in his opinion... from a fbi investigation right down to a beat cop patrol.

This is dumb.

Always.....started 6 Mos into his first term.

Is that what y'all think Trump's been doing?

Chiming in??

Bwaaaahahahahahahahaha ....

Your equivalencies, ...

... they are hopelessly false.

2seaoat

I do not think President Obama or any of his staff were being investigated for criminal activity. Comparing President Obama to the actions of President Trump in the last week is beyond false equivalency, it is moral nihilism. The truth matters. Every politician can say something which does not line up with reality. It is the nature of political office. Nobody is perfect, but the systematic manipulation of the truth, or out right lying is pathological and I would only suggest that I was proud to have President Obama as my President and believe he NEVER knowingly lied to the American People. I did not vote for President Trump and honestly hoped he would change, but the reality is my role model in second grade was Ike and Mimi, and my granddaughter now has a pathological immoral man as President. I think if somebody thinks this is about politics, it is not. It is about our constitution, the rule of law, and simple elementary moral choices. President Trump is a sick evil self serving man who is not a role model, and for him to do what he did to the FBI director concerning how a good man is fired, is a shameful period in American history. Right when I think this ship cannot sink any further, I am numbed by the evil which people try to rationalize.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Comey is such a showboat!

Ousted FBI Director James Comey has declined an invitation from the Senate Intelligence Committee to testify in a closed session on Tuesday, according to committee aides.
Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/12/comey-declines-to-testify-before-senate-committee-238337

panhandler wrote:The orange douche is batshit crazy!  

Mad

He got the job because many, many, many Americans believed Hillary was and still is the wrong answer

del.capslock

del.capslock

Waiting wrote:

Mad

He got the job because many, many, many Americans believed Hillary was and still is the wrong answer

Yeah but 3,000,000 fewer people voted for him.

Telstar

Telstar

Waiting wrote:

Mad

Well thank God the republicans saved the union by enabling the Russians to install their puppet president cancer into our White House.

Vikingwoman

I don't think Comey can testify voluntarily on an active investigation even if he's no longer there.

Waiting wrote:

Mad

He got the NOMINATION because the republican party is also batshit crazy and could have nominated Kasich who we could sleep a little better with as potus.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Ya... why can't the pubs lie and cheat to force their ruling establishment choice and ignore the people?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum