Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Where American arrogance bastardized our founding father's vision of America

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

Citizen soldiers defending America, only to be hijacked by a MIC which forever exported war and pain on innocents. This was a time when military sacrifice meant something. Where America had heroes and were willing to fight a fair fight. Now America bombs from the sky, makes the odds so favorable to boots on the ground that the militaristic arrogance is once again creeping into our nation's DNA as we have abandoned our founding fathers and have let the Barneys take over. This video is heart wrenching and long, but it is as if we have no memory of history. We sabre rattle against North Korea as if we have the ability to win........such arrogance know no limit. It is a very long video, and you will have to set some time aside, but to understand what is happening in North Korea, you need to grasp history.

del.capslock

del.capslock

You mean the Founding Fathers' vision for America where slaves were counted as three-fifths of a person for purposes of determining representation but could be bought and sold like so much cattle? That vision for America?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Speaking of bastardization, Herr Drumpf thinks the Constitution is "archaic":

http://www.politicususa.com/2017/04/29/frustrated-dictator-trump-archaic-constitution-bad-country.html

[...]

"It's a very rough system. It's an archaic system...It's really a bad thing for the country."

2seaoat

The courage of those soldiers. The incredible hardship of those who believed they were fighting a monolithic threat to America. In fact, North Korea had invaded south Korea. So, if you watched the video, those sacrifices even years after the same were justified by the idea that their sacrifices allowed a free South Korea. I often ask myself, what rationalization takes place with a soldier who has sacrificed a limb or body part in Iraq? It cannot be the myth of fighting terror. I guess it must be that Sadham was a bad guy, and we freed the Iraq people from his dictatorship. However, even the most twisted logic cannot support such nonsense.

The Korean war was where America transformed. It was where the permanent military presence in our society became the rule. Now we have the same arrogance against North Korea that we mistakenly made in Korea in 1950. I do not see a path to sanity anymore. MIC has captured the American spirit to think that perpetual war and America as the world's policeman is our role. Mic profits. Innocents die......and this nation meanders away from the principles of freedom and liberty. Any attempt to protest is futile. We have built this horrible war machine where profits and capitalistic greed brings terror on the world.

Advocates of capitalism are very apt to appeal to the sacred principles of liberty, which are embodied in one maxim: The fortunate must not be restrained in the exercise of tyranny over the unfortunate.
bertrand_russell

del.capslock

del.capslock

2seaoat wrote:The courage of those soldiers.   The incredible hardship of those who believed they were fighting a monolithic threat to America.   In fact, North Korea had invaded south Korea.  So, if you watched the video, those sacrifices even years after the same were justified by the idea that their sacrifices allowed a free South Korea.  I often ask myself, what rationalization takes place with a soldier who has sacrificed a limb or body part in Iraq?   It cannot be the myth of fighting terror.   I guess it must be that Sadham was a bad guy, and we freed the Iraq people from his dictatorship.  However, even the most twisted logic cannot support such nonsense.  

The Korean war was where America transformed.  It was where the permanent military presence in our society became the rule.  Now we have the same arrogance against North Korea that we mistakenly made in Korea in 1950.  I do not see a path to sanity anymore.   MIC has captured the American spirit to think that perpetual war and America as the world's policeman is our role.  Mic profits.   Innocents die......and this nation meanders away from the principles of freedom and liberty.  Any attempt to protest is futile.  We have built this horrible war machine where profits and capitalistic greed brings terror on the world.

Advocates of capitalism are very apt to appeal to the sacred principles of liberty, which are embodied in one maxim: The fortunate must not be restrained in the exercise of tyranny over the unfortunate.
bertrand_russell

There's a big flaw in your argument about the relative sacrifice of soldiers during the Korean War and the Iraq War. In the Korean War, the Army included 1.8 million draftees. In the Iraq War, ALL the soldiers were volunteers!

And you can quit whinging about America being the "world's policeman". Ask yourself where you would rather have lived during the Cold War: East Germany or West Germany, Moscow or Manhattan? Where would you rather live today: North Korea or South Korea?

The US became the de facto "world's policeman" at the end of the Second World War and thank frigging God! Would you have preferred that nobody held the line against Soviet totalitarian hegemony? Without the US acting as the "world's policeman", Eastern Europe would still be suffering under the heel of Soviet oppression.

Do you have any idea how bad daily life was for most of the citizens of Eastern Europe during the Soviet regime? Ask any of them today if they resent the US being the "world's policeman". Ask any of the citizens of western Ukraine today if they resent the US acting as the "world"s policeman".

With the US acting as the "world's policeman", for 70 years we've managed to avoid a reprise of the disastrous first-half of the Twentieth Century, perhaps the bloodiest half-century in human history. Thank God for the Pax Americana. To paraphrase Churchill, having the US as the "world's policeman" is the worst possible situation, except for all the others.

2seaoat

There's a big flaw in your argument about the relative sacrifice of soldiers during the Korean War and the Iraq War. In the Korean War, the Army included 1.8 million draftees.

Duh

del.capslock

del.capslock

2seaoat wrote:

Duh

You have a wonderful economy with words, sir. I'm anxiously awaiting your next syllable.

[paraphrase of a quote from a movie. Duh.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum