Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

AHCA is DOA

+7
Floridatexan
dumpcare
othershoe1030
Joanimaroni
PkrBum
RealLindaL
Sal
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26AHCA is DOA - Page 2 Empty Re: AHCA is DOA 3/25/2017, 4:21 pm

2seaoat

It's kinda funny to see the leftists celebrating this..

A decade of having 25 million people with health care insurance.....what a horrible thing to celebrate. I personally love despair where people cannot get their preexisting conditions covered, and they have no insurance.....it makes me want to wake up in the morning and say what a righteous rightest day.

27AHCA is DOA - Page 2 Empty Re: AHCA is DOA 3/25/2017, 4:25 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

What happens if this simply moves the bill much further to the right to get the freedom caucus vote?

This bill wasn't a serious attempt to change things. The mandate must go.

28AHCA is DOA - Page 2 Empty Re: AHCA is DOA 3/25/2017, 4:45 pm

2seaoat

The mandate is a simple tax on deadbeats who decide if they get sick that taxpayers will pay their emergency room visit and bills. You support deadbeats not taking care of themselves, so you are extremely happy with food stamp fraud where people game the system.....right? No, when I withdrew some of my money from my self directed IRA and SEP before I was 59 1/2, I had to pay a tax of 10% to get my own money. However, the intent of congress was to allow people to save retirement money with before tax dollars. So I was going to be taxed as ordinary income on the amount I withdrew, yet congress in order to meet congressional intent created a tax penalty of 10% if somebody used the funds for something other than retirement....even though it was their money. You see congress in trying to give incentives for people to save for retirement, or give incentives for people to be insured have to use the tax code as a tool for compliance. So if somebody has a simplistic view of government taxation as confiscatory or redistribution, it is the price of a democratic government to vest in our representatives the authority to act on behalf of our general welfare. You cannot make everybody happy, but the ACA was good legislation. Was it perfect? No However, the enemy of good is perfect. The mandate should increase the penalties significantly, and medicare should gradually be lowered to the age of fifty. In fifteen years, the problems will be solved in regard to Americans being insured. It really is that simple.

29AHCA is DOA - Page 2 Empty Re: AHCA is DOA 3/25/2017, 5:29 pm

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:The mandate is a simple tax on deadbeats who decide if they get sick that taxpayers will pay their emergency room visit and bills.

cheers cheers

30AHCA is DOA - Page 2 Empty Re: AHCA is DOA 3/25/2017, 6:04 pm

dumpcare

There will be a mandate one way or another. Would you like the govt to collect it as a tax or the insurance companies.

No mandate = no pre x or uninsurables period.

31AHCA is DOA - Page 2 Empty Re: AHCA is DOA 3/26/2017, 2:47 am

Vikingwoman

They're blaming it all on Paul Ryan. Janine Pirro was beating down Ryan tonight saying he failed and betrayed Trump. LOL!

32AHCA is DOA - Page 2 Empty Re: AHCA is DOA 3/26/2017, 8:14 am

PkrBum

PkrBum

It is Ryan's fault. He put forth smoke and mirrors... no real substantive change.

33AHCA is DOA - Page 2 Empty Re: AHCA is DOA 3/26/2017, 8:46 am

dumpcare

The President said he had a plan a great plan, if that was fact and he handed it to Ryan to work on then it's trumps fault, but as always I bet trump didn't have a plan and after 7 years of pushing bills to repeal and this fails I would most definitely lay blame on Ryan.

I see Pence is regrouping and pushing it again this morning. Well I suppose they could leave the aptc out of the budget and it would die.

34AHCA is DOA - Page 2 Empty Re: AHCA is DOA 3/26/2017, 8:54 am

dumpcare

http://www.vox.com/2017/3/24/14953202/obamacare-repeal-ryan-trump-paul-pierson-retrenchment

A political scientist explains the real reason Obamacare repeal is so hard.

35AHCA is DOA - Page 2 Empty Re: AHCA is DOA 3/26/2017, 10:13 am

PkrBum

PkrBum

The problem was that the bill was too far to the left... obamacaid lite won't fly. A full repeal with market based solutions would. In any case... obamacaid won't fly left in place either. The pubs can let it fail... but that's not what they promised to get this large majority in congress. A new bill is going to really set leftist hair on fire.

36AHCA is DOA - Page 2 Empty Re: AHCA is DOA 3/26/2017, 11:04 am

Telstar

Telstar

Vikingwoman wrote:They're blaming it all on Paul Ryan. Janine Pirro was beating down Ryan tonight saying he failed and betrayed Trump. LOL!

Meet The Press just showed a tweet that said Ryan's job is safe because nobody wants to be Henry the VIII's next wife. Laughing Laughing Laughing

37AHCA is DOA - Page 2 Empty Re: AHCA is DOA 3/26/2017, 6:04 pm

RealLindaL

PkrBum wrote: A new bill is going to really set leftist hair on fire.

Well, you've been cock sure of things before that didn't happen.  I suggest we wait and see.  There is, for instance, at least a glimmering of hope for the possibility of working with the Dems.   That's the best, smartest way to get the fringes on both sides pushed out to the margins, since radicalism on either front will never prevail.

38AHCA is DOA - Page 2 Empty Re: AHCA is DOA 3/26/2017, 6:47 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

RealLindaL wrote:
PkrBum wrote: A new bill is going to really set leftist hair on fire.

Well, you've been cock sure of things before that didn't happen.  I suggest we wait and see.  There is, for instance, at least a glimmering of hope for the possibility of working with the Dems.   That's the best, smartest way to get the fringes on both sides pushed out to the margins, since radicalism on either front will never prevail.

All this news about the House almost voting has gotten a lot of people's attention. Now more folks are starting to see how a repeal would harm them, take away their meds and other coverage. This is not so appealing to say the least.

If by some magical means the GOP could have gotten together the votes I think they would have backtracked and torpedoed this anyway because they would have faced such a voter backlash in 2018!

There was a poll out recently that said a huge majority, like over 80%, maybe more I can't remember the exact figures, thought the ACA should be adjusted, fixed in other words by changing something here and there but not be done away with altogether. I agree the Medicare age should just gradually be lowered until everyone is covered.

Even the hospital association, AARP, etc. etc. were against this thing the R's threw together. Maybe DC will sober up now?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum