Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The corner of Avalon and 90

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The corner of Avalon and 90 Empty The corner of Avalon and 90 3/10/2017, 8:33 pm

2seaoat

I ike the new gas station as the abandoned building was an eyesore and gave off bad vibes for Milton. It is too funny to see "Sandy and Bubbas" Chevy in Milton. I will be honest. As bad as the lawyer commercials are in Pensacola, I am relieved whenever there is a car commercial which seems upbeat and traditional. It seems like Sandy has cornered the local market. He must be doing something the right way. It appears that Bubba is trying to bridge his gold career into a future in his hometown area. I still do not understand why somebody did not snap up the Moors golf course on Avalon as it was a good track, but with the babyboomers getting older golf is dying with that generation.

I stopped at a sherwin williams paint store and got some parking lot stripes paint, and have seen quite a few of these stores. I was surprised at their reasonable prices and friendly helpful staff. I have been using the big box stores for paint, and was curious how these folks stay in business as their parking lots are mostly empty.

2The corner of Avalon and 90 Empty Re: The corner of Avalon and 90 3/11/2017, 2:32 am

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:I ike the new gas station as the abandoned building was an eyesore and gave off bad vibes for Milton.  It is too funny to see "Sandy and Bubbas" Chevy in Milton.  I will be honest.  As bad as the lawyer commercials are in Pensacola, I am relieved whenever there is a car commercial which seems upbeat and traditional.  It seems like Sandy has cornered the local market.  He must be doing something the right way.   It appears that Bubba is trying to bridge his gold career into a future in his hometown area.   I still do not understand why somebody did not snap up the Moors golf course on Avalon as it was a good track, but with the babyboomers getting older golf is dying with that generation.

I stopped at a sherwin williams paint store and got some parking lot stripes paint, and have seen quite a few of these stores.  I was surprised at their reasonable prices and friendly helpful staff.  I have been using the big box stores for paint, and was curious how these folks stay in business as their parking lots are mostly empty.

We were sorry to see the Moors go, as we have many happy memories of my husband playing there (and my accompanying him often, tho I don't play), back before his arthritis robbed him of the pleasure. Golf is indeed suffering and there are many reasons for it, but the bottom line is it's a shame to see all the courses struggling and/or closing. If we ever saw another Tiger Woods again things might pick up some, but then again maybe they wouldn't.

As for Sherwin-Williams, don't know how they're doing right now but would guess pretty well. Much of their business is contractor/construction, and most of that business can, of course, be done over the phone or Internet. They still need a warehouse/processing facility, but the storefront is probably mostly for show, yes? Not an expert here but can tell you there are beaucoup gallons of Sherwin-Williams on my replacement Hardie siding, and I never set foot in the local store or its parking lot.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum