Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Over did it

+4
ZVUGKTUBM
Joanimaroni
PkrBum
2seaoat
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Over did it - Page 2 Empty Re: Over did it 2/18/2017, 12:30 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I hope your sod-laying is over for now, and you know that requires a lot of abdominal effort. No more for now. Like Bob, I took care of a family member, my MIL, for about 4 years, and then 2 years after she was gone, my husband had a heart attack. He's now had his 2nd angioplasty with stent and is taking 2 blood thinners. Needless to say, he can't do much, and the Plavix is causing anemia...so far not as bad as it's been in the past, but he also doesn't eat right...it's frustrating, to say the least. Stubborn is his middle name.

27Over did it - Page 2 Empty Re: Over did it 2/18/2017, 6:08 pm

2seaoat

We are finished with the sod until two weeks from now after my operation on the 28th. We are creating brush piles to dry out and burn next month. I have formed my roads and have a base coat of road clay and will add four more inches next month, and level and compact. The property was well maintained ten years ago, but after I got sick pines and scrub trees just took over the propery. We bought a lawn mower and keep it at a neighbors who uses it for his yard, and we pay him to cut the project until we get it up and going. I forgot to take pictures today, and will definitely do the same Sunday.

28Over did it - Page 2 Empty Re: Over did it 2/18/2017, 6:46 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:We are finished with the sod until two weeks from now after my operation on the 28th.  We are creating brush piles to dry out and burn next month.  I have formed my roads and have a base coat of road clay and will add four more inches next month, and level and compact.  The property was well maintained ten years ago, but after I got sick pines and scrub trees just took over the propery.  We bought a lawn mower and keep it at a neighbors who uses it for his yard, and we pay him to cut the project until we get it up and going.  I forgot to take pictures today, and will definitely do the same Sunday.

Great...I'd love to see some pics. I'm gradually filling the trench. Meanwhile, construction continues on the new house across the street and another neighbor has a tractor loading stuff to the curb for our "amnesty day". I've probably seen every type of construction vehicle in existence over the past few months...a lot of them park in front of my house. I told a city inspector to move his vehicle from the front of my mailbox. He's not the first. The house is almost zero lot line...and, strangely, built low to the ground...lower than the busy street to the side of it. Very odd.

29Over did it - Page 2 Empty Re: Over did it 2/18/2017, 7:00 pm

2seaoat

I am appalled by the Santa Rosa planning folks with road setbacks on some new subdivisions in Navarre. If you ever drive by Navarre High School, the road is about six feet too narrow for a main feeder to a high school, and then from 87 to the New YMCA the setback is about thirty feet. I have never seen such blantant giving away the store to developers. They could have easily had fifty foot setbacks. Santa Rosa County voted 80% Republican, but I have NEVER seen a county which reminds me more of Mayor Daley's Democratic machine where good old boyz get what they want and everybody else gets screwed. Almost thirty percent of the houses in Navarre have an RV with somebody living in it next to the residence. I have been all over the country. I have seen poverty in Alabama, but I have never seen the chit that goes down in Santa Rosa County. Just cleaning junk cars and RVs from residences would change the clutter, but the good old boyz could not handle the yells and screams from locals living out of RVs. I mean laying out proper drainage and retention is a joke. Properties which have NO drainage problems get hassled, and entire areas of Navarre have the ditches not being maintained, and are backed up. Hell about 12 years ago there was a six inch rain in about five hours and that road in front of Navarre High school was blown out because of crap construction of roads and drainage culverts......I do not think folks know what they are doing, or there is something rotten in Denmark.

30Over did it - Page 2 Empty Re: Over did it 2/20/2017, 3:26 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:I am appalled by the Santa Rosa planning folks with road setbacks on some new subdivisions in Navarre.  If you ever drive by Navarre High School, the road is about six feet too narrow for a main feeder to a high school, and then from 87 to  the New YMCA the setback is about thirty feet.  I have never seen such blantant giving away the store to developers.  They could have easily had fifty foot setbacks.   Santa Rosa County voted 80% Republican, but I have NEVER seen a county which reminds me more of Mayor Daley's Democratic machine where good old boyz get what they want and everybody else gets screwed.  Almost thirty percent of the houses in Navarre have an RV with somebody living in it next to the residence.   I have been all over the country.  I have seen poverty in Alabama, but I have never seen the chit that goes down in Santa Rosa County.  Just cleaning junk cars and RVs from residences would change the clutter, but the good old boyz could not handle the yells and screams from locals living out of RVs.  I mean laying out proper drainage and retention is a joke.  Properties which have NO drainage problems get hassled, and entire areas of Navarre have the ditches not being maintained, and are backed up.  Hell about 12 years ago there was a six inch rain in about five hours and that road in front of Navarre High school was blown out because of crap construction of roads and drainage culverts......I do not think folks know what they are doing, or there is something rotten in Denmark.

That's a whole new subject. The problems began, I think, when W D Childers gave Navarre to Santa Rosa County. I spent wonderful days at the old KOA and the Holiday Inn, Navarre. I also stayed in a campground on the other side of the Sound. The landscape is barely recognizable now. My BIL lives in a S/D there but he's gone much of the year. He has a large utility trailer that he takes on jobs, but it fits beneath his house. He got a great deal on the house but there was substantial work to be completed prior to closing. There are still issues with shoddy workmanship, but he is addressing them when he has time off. Navarre is overbuilt.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum