Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I came back from Florida and my main desktop computer on windows 10 crashed

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

3.5 years old and it crashes. I spent two hours getting my adobe Pro version 11 installed after speaking with folks in India. I was told by adobe 3.5 years ago after the last crash I could simply go to my account with them and download the software in the future if a computer crashed. Liars. They no longer gave phone support to Adobe pro which I spent over $400 a few years back, but now they want to shift you to the cloud for $20 a month ........F off.

Next came Wordperfect. A full day of phone and email and I finally got a link. Will work on that late tonight. I had three special software for the business which were excellent and took over my computer remotely and reinstalled the software in less than a half hour and spoke excellent english, but I spend $800 a year on those licenses and I understand that the annual cost brings excellent customer service. I now have to get the printers, scanners, and monitors all working. We have shifted to putting our TVs as monitors and instead of traditional monitor cables, we are using the HDMI cables and it is great. We now can on the TV remote choose from three HDMI inputs, tv input and other inputs. We will put two computers on a fifty inch tv, an antenna, a roku, and we are in business.

However, I share office space where the crashed computer was, and somebody had messed with my desk and computer while I was gone. Will not happen again. I am going to investigate remote computing with the computer at home and using my laptop to access my programs, while using my scanner, and printer in my office from the laptop. I am going to mount a large TV in the conference room and simply use a 12 foot HDMI cord with the TV, and I will simply connect it to my computer and go. If anybody has used remote computing software, I would appreciate a referral.

RealLindaL

Sorry I can't help you, Sea, but hopefully someone will. Your skills are already way above my pay grade.
Heck, I'm still dreading the change to Windows 10, which I'll doubtless be facing this spring along with the huge, nerve-wracking hassle (for me) of changing to a new computer, email client, etc. and transferring files, when Microsoft discontinues support for Vista, slated for April 11. I'm perfectly happy with my system and HATE that I have to spend the money, time and stress to fix what isn't broken for me. GRRR. My hubby's had a Windows 10 laptop for quite a while now and literally hates the operating system, and I don't blame him. We both especially detest MS's intrusive updating practices now, but also just don't like the system, which is more complicated than it needs to be for us.
Ah well, enough bellyaching for now. Trying not to think about it.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I detest Windows 10, especially Cortana.

RealLindaL

Floridatexan wrote:
I detest Windows 10, especially Cortana.  

We disabled Cortana on hubby's laptop day one.

2seaoat

We disabled Cortana on hubby's laptop day one.

I will be doing the same, but I use firefox and chrome as my internet portals, and Microsoft is such a chit bag that on firefox when you use google, they insert a bing search as an overlay on firefox google search. You have to take another shot at bringing up google to get away to the bing search which gives microsoft revenue on their ads and takes revenue away from google. I am surprised that this is not being litigated by Google, but I will have no part of it. I am furious with software providers. It used to be that you had a cd for a reinstall on a crash. Now they make it a nightmare to reload your software as they try to force you to purchase new versions. Wordperfect has sent me zipped files on a google drive which has taken a day and still no resolution, rather than a simple link where I could download it and they simply needed to give me my serial numbers which I did register with them....but no.....they make it where you have to spend an hour talking to somebody from india before you finally get the software working. I am going to use remote software to run my computer off my laptop. I will spend all weekend and Monday trying to get this chit working correctly with scanners and printers and all the original software, all because a three and a half year old computer failed. Hell Microsoft has never regained the reliability of their xp platform and everything since then has been complicating the simplicity and efficiency of the xp platform. Total bullchit.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum