Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Women's March - St. Pete

+4
Floridatexan
othershoe1030
2seaoat
Sal
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Women's March - St. Pete Empty Women's March - St. Pete 1/21/2017, 2:54 pm

Sal

Sal

Tens of thousands in attendance.

It was organized for the marchers to stay on the sidewalks, but the numbers were such that the police had to close down the streets.

Completely peaceful and very encouraging.

Organize and resist!

2Women's March - St. Pete Empty Re: Women's March - St. Pete 1/21/2017, 3:21 pm

2seaoat

I find it more of Hillary Clinton's Hubris. Where was this effort when it mattered. They are going to be scaling back taxes on folks making over 200k and gutting the ACA as the 1% once more elect a candidate who serves special interests, and stupid asz demonstrations which accomplish exactly the opposite of what is needed. What is needed and has been needed is a ground swell across this country not demonstrating but organizing coffees, small meetings, and searching for young progressive candidates who can appeal to the economic interests of white middle class voters. When these stupid marches let off steam, I would bet half did not even vote. Hillary in Hubris did not ONCE visit Wisconsin to campaign. There was no significant rise in registered voters. There was no organization to get the vote out. This is just more feel good arrogance that Trump is wrong and Progressives are right. I happen to believe that it takes hard work and organization to win. It takes multi layer attacks on the very organized special interests in America. It starts with school boards, County commissioners, State reps, State senators, Fed reps, and senate candidates, but walking in the streets as poor losers.....splendid consistency as to why the special interests prevailed.

3Women's March - St. Pete Empty Re: Women's March - St. Pete 1/21/2017, 3:29 pm

Sal wrote:Tens of thousands in attendance.

It was organized for the marchers to stay on the sidewalks, but the numbers were such that the police had to close down the streets.

Completely peaceful and very encouraging.

Organize and resist!

This is baffling....these women who march are all ardent Hillary supporters who would quickly forget the actions of the husband (William Jefferson Clinton) who resulted in near impeachment, multiple monetary settlements, and total shame on most any husband/wife combo in American history, yet they rail against Trump. Total hypocrisy.

4Women's March - St. Pete Empty Re: Women's March - St. Pete 1/21/2017, 3:56 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Pardon me guys I must comment from a woman's point of view. I just got back from the march in Pensacola. I am still a little wet from the downpour earlier but want to make a couple of observations.

First of all I never was an ardent Hillary supporter. As you probably know I supported Bernie but voted for Hillary for obvious reasons.

The benefits of going to a rally or march like this one is that you get to network with others who are of a similar mind. This raises moral and is energizing, which in turn leads to more actions like registering voters etc.

As for who voted and who didn't, it would be my estimate that anyone who is willing to get up early, make a sign or two, drive to the event site, stand in the rain or cold must have enough self motivation to register and vote. To accuse demonstrators of "probably not voting" is another way of trying to dismiss the statement made by their actions.

I agree that there should have been rallies like this during the campaign when they could have done some good. I admit I did not register ONE voter in Florida for this election cycle. I was lulled into complacency by the poll numbers and thought that Hillary could lose Florida and still have an easy win. Wrong! Florida was swinging back and forth between red and blue, too close to call so it might have made a difference.

Here is a link to a paper that outlines useful and effective things ordinary citizens can do that will have an effect on legislators. It is written by former congressional staffers who have seen first hand what moves these people, what they listen and react to.

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5855a354cd0f68bab2089b40/t/5867cd26be65940ffdeeac1e/1483197741124/IndivisibleGuide_2016-12-31_v1.pdf

5Women's March - St. Pete Empty Re: Women's March - St. Pete 1/21/2017, 4:14 pm

See, a Hillary supporter who marches against Trump and doesn't see the hypocrisy of it all. It would be analogous to a Native American voting to reelect Andrew Jackson as President had Native Americans had the right to vote.

6Women's March - St. Pete Empty Re: Women's March - St. Pete 1/21/2017, 4:51 pm

Did you like the 30 million woman march back in November? That's how many women marched into the voting booth and pulled the lever for Trump. Twisted Evil

7Women's March - St. Pete Empty Re: Women's March - St. Pete 1/21/2017, 4:53 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Tellthetruth wrote:See, a Hillary supporter who marches against Trump and doesn't see the hypocrisy of it all. It would be analogous to a Native American voting to reelect Andrew Jackson as President had Native Americans had the right to vote.

A Hillary supporter Should march against Trump. That voter has always been against everything he stands for and has not changed their position on things. What is hypocritical about that?

8Women's March - St. Pete Empty Re: Women's March - St. Pete 1/21/2017, 4:54 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Tellthetruth wrote:Did you like the 30 million woman march back in November? That's how many women marched into the voting booth and pulled the lever for Trump. Twisted Evil

No. I thought they were crazy.

9Women's March - St. Pete Empty Re: Women's March - St. Pete 1/21/2017, 5:10 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Tellthetruth wrote:See, a Hillary supporter who marches against Trump and doesn't see the hypocrisy of it all. It would be analogous to a Native American voting to reelect Andrew Jackson as President had Native Americans had the right to vote.

No, it wouldn't. WTH?

10Women's March - St. Pete Empty Re: Women's March - St. Pete 1/21/2017, 6:38 pm

othershoe1030 wrote:

A Hillary supporter Should march against Trump. That voter has always been against everything he stands for and has not changed their position on things. What is hypocritical about that?

Yes hypocrite, support a man whore supporter (Hillary ) over trump

11Women's March - St. Pete Empty Re: Women's March - St. Pete 1/21/2017, 6:39 pm

Floridatexan wrote:

No, it wouldn't.  WTH?

You are as ignorant as
The day is long to not understand that analogy.

12Women's March - St. Pete Empty Re: Women's March - St. Pete 1/21/2017, 7:03 pm

Sal

Sal

othershoe1030 wrote:Pardon me guys I must comment from a woman's point of view. I just got back from the march in Pensacola. I am still a little wet from the downpour earlier but want to make a couple of observations.

First of all I never was an ardent Hillary supporter. As you probably know I supported Bernie but voted for Hillary for obvious reasons.

The benefits of going to a rally or march like this one is that you get to network with others who are of a similar mind. This raises moral and is energizing, which in turn leads to more actions like registering voters etc.

As for who voted and who didn't, it would be my estimate that anyone who is willing to get up early, make a sign or two, drive to the event site, stand in the rain or cold must have enough self motivation to register and vote. To accuse demonstrators of "probably not voting" is another way of trying to dismiss the statement made by their actions.

I agree that there should have been rallies like this during the campaign when they could have done some good. I admit I did not register ONE voter in Florida for this election cycle. I was lulled into complacency by the poll numbers and thought that Hillary could lose Florida and still have an easy win. Wrong! Florida was swinging back and forth between red and blue, too close to call so it might have made a difference.

Here is a link to a paper that outlines useful and effective things ordinary citizens can do that will have an effect on legislators. It is written by former congressional staffers who have seen first hand what moves these people, what they listen and react to.

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5855a354cd0f68bab2089b40/t/5867cd26be65940ffdeeac1e/1483197741124/IndivisibleGuide_2016-12-31_v1.pdf

Agree with everything you wrote here.

Lots of Bernie fans in the throng at St. Pete.

13Women's March - St. Pete Empty Re: Women's March - St. Pete 1/21/2017, 7:16 pm

2seaoat

Bernie as much as I love him, is living in a dream world. His supporters want forgiveness of student loan debt, and I know of a young lawyer who works with my daughter in the SA office who has 200k student loan debt. Absurd. People are taking a five year vacation from reality going to school with blank checks and want everybody else to pay for their vacation. I paid every dime of my school, and I simply have no sympathy for this issue. I would like to see maybe free tuition to Junior Colleges, but I worked my asz off to pay for my schooling, and a bunch of people taking to the street for free college is no different than the bastards making over 200k who are being given tax relief on the repeal of the ACA. I agree with steady and incremental increases of the minimum wage, and free tuition for junior college, but this idea of loan forgiveness, or free college can fill the streets, but where is the nuts and bolts policy and organization. I bought into this ivory tower crap, and as a result the 1% are going to take us backwards for four years. I am disgusted.

14Women's March - St. Pete Empty Re: Women's March - St. Pete 1/21/2017, 7:43 pm

dumpcare

Man I agree with pdog and markle this is Saturday what the hell do these women think exercising their 1st amendment rights? They should be home cleaning, cooking and doing their man's laundry. See what happen's when you gave them the right to vote, give an inch and they take a mile.

Ouch my wife just hit me in the head with a ball bat.

15Women's March - St. Pete Empty Re: Women's March - St. Pete 1/21/2017, 8:15 pm

Sal

Sal

This just in; estimates put the crowd in St. Pete @20,000+, making it the largest protest in the history of the city.

16Women's March - St. Pete Empty Re: Women's March - St. Pete 1/21/2017, 8:34 pm

2seaoat

If Hillary won Florida, the protests would not be necessary. Too little too late, all about touchy feely bad losers. We need some stone cold killers to take this country back from the 1%, and I for one am going to give Trump the benefit of the doubt as my President that he can do some good things for average Americans. I have not gone soft, or mad, but I am piszed about protests. Chit Florida could have been won if Bernie supporters got out and voted for Hillary....now they want to protest. Give me a break. Real people are getting hurt, and the rich are about to pillage this nation with a bought and paid for congress.

17Women's March - St. Pete Empty Re: Women's March - St. Pete 1/21/2017, 9:01 pm

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:If Hillary won Florida, the protests would not be necessary.   Too little too late, all about touchy feely bad losers.  We need some stone cold killers to take this country back from the 1%, and I for one am going to give Trump the benefit of the doubt as my President that he can do some good things for average Americans.  I have not gone soft, or mad, but I am piszed about protests.  Chit Florida could have been won if Bernie supporters got out and voted for Hillary....now they want to protest.   Give me a break.   Real people are getting hurt, and the rich are about to pillage this nation with a bought and paid for congress.

Sit back, relax, and watch it unfold, Mr. Weatherby.

A whole new generation has suddenly taken notice of how selfish, intolerant, and unpatriotic your generation is, and they're ready to take the reins.

Get to work or get the fuck out of the way.

18Women's March - St. Pete Empty Re: Women's March - St. Pete 1/21/2017, 9:04 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:Bernie as much as I love him, is living in a dream world.  His supporters want forgiveness of student loan debt, and I know of a young lawyer who works with my daughter in the SA office who has 200k student loan debt.  Absurd.  People are taking a five year vacation from reality going to school with blank checks and want everybody else to pay for their vacation.   I paid every dime of my school, and I simply have no sympathy for this issue.  I would like to see maybe free tuition to Junior Colleges, but I worked my asz off to pay for my schooling, and a bunch of people taking to the street for free college is no different than the bastards making over 200k who are being given tax relief on the repeal of the ACA.  I agree with steady and incremental increases of the minimum wage, and free tuition for junior college, but this idea of loan forgiveness, or free college can fill the streets, but where is the nuts and bolts policy and organization.  I bought into this ivory tower crap, and as a result the 1% are going to take us backwards for four years.   I am disgusted.

When you and I were in school, Seaoat, we were able to pay our tuition and books by working...in my case, part-time...but full-time every Summer. It's not like that anymore.

19Women's March - St. Pete Empty Re: Women's March - St. Pete 1/21/2017, 9:05 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

ppaca wrote:Man I agree with pdog and markle this is Saturday what the hell do these women think exercising their 1st amendment rights? They should be home cleaning, cooking and doing their man's laundry. See what happen's when you gave them the right to vote, give an inch and they take a mile.

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

20Women's March - St. Pete Empty Re: Women's March - St. Pete 1/21/2017, 9:14 pm

Floridatexan wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Bernie as much as I love him, is living in a dream world.  His supporters want forgiveness of student loan debt, and I know of a young lawyer who works with my daughter in the SA office who has 200k student loan debt.  Absurd.  People are taking a five year vacation from reality going to school with blank checks and want everybody else to pay for their vacation.   I paid every dime of my school, and I simply have no sympathy for this issue.  I would like to see maybe free tuition to Junior Colleges, but I worked my asz off to pay for my schooling, and a bunch of people taking to the street for free college is no different than the bastards making over 200k who are being given tax relief on the repeal of the ACA.  I agree with steady and incremental increases of the minimum wage, and free tuition for junior college, but this idea of loan forgiveness, or free college can fill the streets, but where is the nuts and bolts policy and organization.  I bought into this ivory tower crap, and as a result the 1% are going to take us backwards for four years.   I am disgusted.

When you and I were in school, Seaoat, we were able to pay our tuition and books by working...in my case, part-time...but full-time every Summer.  It's not like that anymore.  

Why? Humans used to be good at recognizing patterns.

21Women's March - St. Pete Empty Re: Women's March - St. Pete 1/21/2017, 9:24 pm

2seaoat

White woman are protesting in the streets about Trump. Will somebody please explain why White woman supported Trump at the polls. This whole sore loser, or fricking purist who could not bring themselves to vote for Hillary because they wanted the perfect Bernie......Dear God the illusion continues. I do not want to see protests, I want to see a plan. Hell a grandmother in Hawaii made this woman thing happen, is there anybody steering the ship? The Pirates are going to pillage and burn, and folks are proud about protests.....please wake me up from this bad dream.

22Women's March - St. Pete Empty Re: Women's March - St. Pete 1/22/2017, 2:21 pm

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:White woman are protesting in the streets about Trump.  Will somebody please explain why White woman supported Trump at the polls.   This whole sore loser, or fricking purist who could not bring themselves to vote for Hillary because they wanted the perfect Bernie......Dear God the illusion continues.   I do not want to see protests, I want to see a plan.   Hell a grandmother in Hawaii made this woman thing happen, is there anybody steering the ship?   The Pirates are going to pillage and burn, and folks are proud about protests.....please wake me up from this bad dream.

Your condescension is unbecoming, Mr. Weatherby.

There were all genders, age groups, ethnicities, and orientations represented at the marches.

All brought together in disgust at what has been allowed to happen.

Trump has awakened a sleeping giant.

Trump’s inauguration is not the beginning of an era — but the end.

https://medium.com/@peteleyden/https-medium-com-peteleyden-why-trumps-inauguration-is-not-the-beginning-of-an-era-but-the-end-72a86833f0a3#.aaf9u1bhl

23Women's March - St. Pete Empty Re: Women's March - St. Pete 1/22/2017, 11:45 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:White woman are protesting in the streets about Trump.  Will somebody please explain why White woman supported Trump at the polls.   This whole sore loser, or fricking purist who could not bring themselves to vote for Hillary because they wanted the perfect Bernie......Dear God the illusion continues.   I do not want to see protests, I want to see a plan.   Hell a grandmother in Hawaii made this woman thing happen, is there anybody steering the ship?   The Pirates are going to pillage and burn, and folks are proud about protests.....please wake me up from this bad dream.

The bad dream is in the White House. The Women's March is a reality that even I didn't expect. If you believe in collective consciousness, these marches (10,000 in Helena, MT!) are a reflection of that among women (and men) of all ages and backgrounds. And if you saw any footage of Trump's treatment of his wife at the Inauguration, that should spell it out for you.

24Women's March - St. Pete Empty Re: Women's March - St. Pete 1/23/2017, 1:55 am

Telstar

Telstar

Floridatexan wrote:
ppaca wrote:Man I agree with pdog and markle this is Saturday what the hell do these women think exercising their 1st amendment rights? They should be home cleaning, cooking and doing their man's laundry. See what happen's when you gave them the right to vote, give an inch and they take a mile.

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Bet that smarts.  Laughing

Women's March - St. Pete Hit_on10

25Women's March - St. Pete Empty Re: Women's March - St. Pete 1/23/2017, 2:43 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Women's March - St. Pete Fb_img22

DISGUSTING!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum