Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

trump EPA pick

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1trump EPA pick Empty trump EPA pick 1/18/2017, 6:22 pm

polecat

polecat

Wednesday, January 18, 2017
Jimmy Kimmel Not Mincing Words

Put simply, Scott Pruitt is a piece of shit. If you care about the outdoors, stop him https://t.co/jh4VM7SECx #PruittHearing
— Jimmy Kimmel (@jimmykimmel) January 18, 2017

Tell us how you really feel Jimmy!

2trump EPA pick Empty Re: trump EPA pick 1/19/2017, 10:17 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

polecat wrote:Wednesday, January 18, 2017
Jimmy Kimmel Not Mincing Words

Put simply, Scott Pruitt is a piece of shit.  If you care about the outdoors, stop him https://t.co/jh4VM7SECx #PruittHearing
— Jimmy Kimmel (@jimmykimmel) January 18, 2017

Tell us how you really feel Jimmy!

If confirmed Pruitt would be in the position of bringing a suit against an agency that he will be heading. His one goal was to do as much damage to the EPA as possible while he was attorney general of Oklahoma.

Donald Trump’s pick to lead the Environmental Protection Agency will be in a tricky spot on Day One. In the five years since he became Oklahoma’s attorney general, Scott Pruitt has used his legal authority to file or join at least 13 lawsuits against the agency, fighting back on regulations of emissions and air and water quality.

If approved as head of the EPA, Pruitt will be in the conflicted position of defending — or not defending — the agency against the eight lawsuits that are still pending, including one that seeks to strike down President Obama’s Clean Power Plan rules.

Although no laws bar Pruitt’s appointment, the naming of a person in active litigation against a federal agency to lead that agency is unusual and possibly unprecedented. “I’ve been racking my brain to come up with something,” said Seth Davis, chair of the American Bar Association Section of Environment, Energy and Resources. “I’m not saying there aren’t any cases, but I have not thought of one.”

3trump EPA pick Empty Re: trump EPA pick 1/19/2017, 10:27 pm

The EPA should only exist to provide base common sense guidelines and interstate disputes.

Without adjudicated harm... it's a state issue.

4trump EPA pick Empty Re: trump EPA pick 1/19/2017, 10:41 pm

knothead

knothead

PkrBum wrote:The EPA should only exist to provide base common sense guidelines and interstate disputes.

I disagree . . . . taking the states right argument to cover issues state by state is simply a preposterous notion . . . . . let me simply say that A River Runs Through It . . .

5trump EPA pick Empty Re: trump EPA pick 1/19/2017, 11:22 pm

knothead wrote:
PkrBum wrote:The EPA should only exist to provide base common sense guidelines and interstate disputes.

I disagree . . . . taking the states right argument to cover issues state by state is simply a preposterous notion . . . . . let me simply say that A River Runs Through It . . .

6trump EPA pick Empty Re: trump EPA pick 1/19/2017, 11:30 pm

Markle

Markle

knothead wrote:

I'm sure you intended for that to mean something...would you like to translate?

7trump EPA pick Empty Re: trump EPA pick 1/19/2017, 11:38 pm

2seaoat

The EPA serves a very important function. President Nixon understood the same, yet today folks do not understand the function. Our waters are much cleaner under the clean water act and the enforcement of the same by the EPA. Government serves a purpose.

8trump EPA pick Empty Re: trump EPA pick 1/20/2017, 12:17 am

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:The EPA serves a very important function.  President Nixon understood the same, yet today folks do not understand the function.  Our waters are much cleaner under the clean water act and the enforcement of the same by the EPA.  Government serves a purpose.

A role they have grossly abused and desperately need to be reigned into reality.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum