Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Indivisible

+3
Markle
2seaoat
othershoe1030
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Indivisible Empty The Indivisible 1/4/2017, 11:01 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

This is a document called "Indivisible". I think this is very interesting since it is written by former congressional staffers who have first hand experience of how congress works, what senators and representatives actually respond to and how to get their attention.

There is strength in numbers and in performing actions that are effective. This may be a good guide to having an effect on what happens next. Remember the silent majority? The Tea party? and how much influence they had on legislation etc.? Check this out.

https://www.indivisibleguide.com

Donald Trump is the biggest popular vote loser in history to ever call himself President- Elect. In spite of the fact that he has no mandate, he will attempt to use his congressional majority to reshape America in his own racist, authoritarian, and corrupt image. If progressives are going to stop this, we must stand indivisibly opposed to Trump and the members of Congress (MoCs) who would do his bidding. Together, we have the power to resist — and we have the power to win.
We know this because we’ve seen it before. The authors of this guide are former congressional staffers who witnessed
the rise of the Tea Party. We saw these activists take on a popular president with a mandate for change and a supermajority in Congress. We saw them organize locally and convince their own MoCs to reject President Obama’s agenda. Their ideas were wrong, cruel, and tinged with racism — and they won.
We believe that protecting our values,
our neighbors, and ourselves will require
mounting a similar resistance to the Trump
agenda — but a resistance built on the
values of inclusion, tolerance, and fairness.
Trump is not popular. He does not have a mandate. He does not have large congressional majorities. If a small minority in the Tea Party can stop President Obama, then we the majority can stop a petty tyrant named Trump.
To this end, the following chapters offer a step-by-step guide for individuals, groups, and organizations looking to replicate the Tea Party’s success in getting Congress to listen to a small, vocal, dedicated group of constituents. The guide is intended to be equally useful for stiffening Democratic spines and weakening pro-Trump Republican resolve.

2The Indivisible Empty Re: The Indivisible 1/4/2017, 11:06 pm

2seaoat

then we the majority can stop a petty tyrant named Trump.

I find that disrespectful of the President elect based on NO policy implemented. Fair game in February, but I am tired of Democrats doing the same thing the haters did to President Obama. Wait for substance.

3The Indivisible Empty Re: The Indivisible 1/4/2017, 11:18 pm

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:then we the majority can stop a petty tyrant named Trump.

I find that disrespectful of the President elect based on NO policy implemented.  Fair game in February, but I am tired of Democrats doing the same thing the haters did to President Obama.  Wait for substance.

Who are, and what did the "haters" do to Petulant President Barack Hussein Obama?

4The Indivisible Empty Re: The Indivisible 1/4/2017, 11:46 pm

2seaoat

Who are, and what did the "haters" do to Petulant President Barack Hussein Obama?
The same thing you are fearful of if you came out of the closet. Ernst and his hateful brownshirts had the same perverse motivation to scapegoat and divert attention from the boys they were abusing, but heck you know exactly why you do it. How about quit hating and accept who you are. I mean really, who do you think you are fooling. That shirtless photo with a shovel in your hand tells the whole story, and what is sad there is nothing wrong with your choices in your personal life, just the blind denial of the same, and the constant hate and fear. Life is too short for all that hate, and you have made it very unpleasant around here when we all know your motivation and find your behavior boorish.

5The Indivisible Empty Re: The Indivisible 1/5/2017, 2:42 am

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Who are, and what did the "haters" do to Petulant President Barack Hussein Obama?
The same thing you are fearful of if you came out of the closet.  Ernst and his hateful brownshirts had the same perverse motivation to scapegoat and divert attention from the boys they were abusing, but heck you know exactly why you do it.  How about quit hating and accept who you are.  I mean really, who do you think you are fooling.  That shirtless photo with a shovel in your hand tells the whole story, and what is sad there is nothing wrong with your choices in your personal life, just the blind denial of the same, and the constant hate and fear.  Life is too short for all that hate, and you have made it very unpleasant around here when we all know your motivation and find your behavior boorish.  

AGAIN...nothing.

The Indivisible BaskingintheWarmth-1-1

6The Indivisible Empty Re: The Indivisible 1/5/2017, 2:59 am

RealLindaL

Markle wrote:Who are, and what did the "haters" do to Petulant President Barack Hussein Obama?

How soon and how easily some conveniently forget the Republican pledge to "make Obama a one term president," before he had even begun.

7The Indivisible Empty Re: The Indivisible 1/5/2017, 3:50 am

Markle

Markle

RealLindaL wrote:
Markle wrote:Who are, and what did the "haters" do to Petulant President Barack Hussein Obama?

How soon and how easily some conveniently forget the Republican pledge to "make Obama a one-term president," before he had even begun.

How long did it take to confirm all of Petulant President Barack Hussein Obama's Cabinet appointments? Regardless of how radical.

8The Indivisible Empty Re: The Indivisible 1/5/2017, 7:05 am

Telstar

Telstar

The Indivisible You_li10

It might even be a republican who has the courage to shout it at the fascist.

9The Indivisible Empty Re: The Indivisible 1/5/2017, 11:00 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

I find that disrespectful of the President elect based on NO policy implemented.  Fair game in February, but I am tired of Democrats doing the same thing the haters did to President Obama.  Wait for substance.

Well, he is not exactly a blank slate to say the least. We have all his statements, tweets, videos etc. upon which to base our opinion. He is not going to touch down on plant Earth on January 20th. In fact my memory might be a little fuzzy in this regard but I can't remember previous Presidents Elect making so many public announcements about what they think needs to be done during this pre-inauguration period.

When do we start evaluating this person? Don't we have quite a bit of information already about how he conducts himself?

10The Indivisible Empty Re: The Indivisible 1/5/2017, 11:16 pm

Sal

Sal

othershoe1030 wrote:

Well, he is not exactly a blank slate to say the least. We have all his statements, tweets, videos etc. upon which to base our opinion. He is not going to touch down on plant Earth on January 20th. In fact my memory might be a little fuzzy in this regard but I can't remember previous Presidents Elect making so many public announcements about what they think needs to be done during this pre-inauguration period.

When do we start evaluating this person? Don't we have quite a bit of information already about how he conducts himself?

It is absurd.

The man's statements, actions, and appointments make clear that he is disastrously unfit for office.

"Let's give the guy a chance" is the province of fools.

11The Indivisible Empty Re: The Indivisible 1/6/2017, 12:46 am

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Sal wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

It is absurd.

The man's statements, actions, and appointments make clear that he is disastrously unfit for office.

Nearly every newspaper editorial board and some Republicans and even President Barack Obama stated that this person does not have the temperament to handle the job of president and still, here we are. A person with training wheels on his office chair. With all the horrible things he has said in the campaign and since his election we would be considered to be brain dead to just roll out the red carpet for him and expect him to transform into a grown up on January 20th.

12The Indivisible Empty Re: The Indivisible 1/6/2017, 12:50 am

Almost four quarters of the bs leftist talkingpoints that have your panties in a twist are pure propaganda.

The funny part is that there are real and substantive concerns... but you're too fucking dumb to get those.

13The Indivisible Empty Re: The Indivisible 1/6/2017, 10:43 am

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

PkrBum wrote:Almost four quarters of the bs leftist talkingpoints that have your panties in a twist are pure propaganda.

The funny part is that there are real and substantive concerns... but you're too fucking dumb to get those.

Feel free to add something of substance. Hit the New Topic tab and let 'er rip. Your last post here adds absolutely nothing.

14The Indivisible Empty Re: The Indivisible 1/6/2017, 10:48 am

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

It is absurd.

To me, the problem of respecting the office is not a one sided situation. It is a two way street and his actions do not show respect for the office. He is the one who lacks respect.

15The Indivisible Empty Re: The Indivisible 1/6/2017, 11:11 am

othershoe1030 wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Almost four quarters of the bs leftist talkingpoints that have your panties in a twist are pure propaganda.

Feel free to add something of substance. Hit the New Topic tab and let 'er rip. Your last post here adds absolutely nothing.

"Nearly every newspaper editorial board and some Republicans and even President Barack Obama stated that this person does not have the temperament to handle the job of president and still, here we are."

Was that substance? Is it breaking news that the media and Obama were in the tank for hillary?

It appears contrived denial to me... a furthered intent to delegitimize Trump. Or is it turning to grief now?

16The Indivisible Empty Re: The Indivisible 1/6/2017, 11:19 am

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

PkrBum wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

"Nearly every newspaper editorial board and some Republicans and even President Barack Obama stated that this person does not have the temperament to handle the job of president and still, here we are."

Was that substance? Is it breaking news that the media and Obama were in the tank for hillary?

It appears contrived denial to me... a furthered intent to delegitimize Trump. Or is it turning to grief now?

Just pointing out historical facts. No need to ascribe an emotional aspect to it.

Please let us know what YOU think are significant issues at the moment.

17The Indivisible Empty Re: The Indivisible 1/6/2017, 12:12 pm

January 20th... and the end of speculative fake news alerts.

18The Indivisible Empty Re: The Indivisible 1/6/2017, 12:44 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

PkrBum wrote:January 20th... and the end of speculative fake news alerts.

Can't wait to see how that turns out. Wishful thinking.

19The Indivisible Empty Re: The Indivisible 1/6/2017, 1:23 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

You arrogant, brain dead pig.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum