Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Happy Birthday ZVUGKTUBM

+4
Joanimaroni
ZVUGKTUBM
dumpcare
Telstar
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Happy Birthday  ZVUGKTUBM Empty Happy Birthday ZVUGKTUBM 12/23/2016, 1:13 pm

Telstar

Telstar

May you live as long as you want, and never want as long as you live.  cheers

2Happy Birthday  ZVUGKTUBM Empty Re: Happy Birthday ZVUGKTUBM 12/23/2016, 1:54 pm

dumpcare

Happy Birthday Z have a great one.

3Happy Birthday  ZVUGKTUBM Empty Re: Happy Birthday ZVUGKTUBM 12/23/2016, 2:09 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Telstar wrote:May you live as long as you want, and never want as long as you live.  cheers

Why, thank you very much, Telstar. I am now officially a geezer! Age 65-a real senior-citizen.

I told my wife I wanted some real Mexican food for my birthday, and last night we met with my daughter and her room-mate at the Rio Bravo Mexican Grill at Cordova Mall. The food was exquisite, and even better than the food at our old (and closed) Mexican-joint, Monterrey's II on Mobile Highway. I had not had authentic Mexican food in 20 months.

I enter my 66th year very happy. I am happy about where I have been, about where things might go, and very content all the way around!

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

4Happy Birthday  ZVUGKTUBM Empty Re: Happy Birthday ZVUGKTUBM 12/23/2016, 2:26 pm

Happy birthday, ZMan. Mexican food...now I need some. Razz

5Happy Birthday  ZVUGKTUBM Empty Re: Happy Birthday ZVUGKTUBM 12/23/2016, 3:25 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Thank you PPCA and She Writes.

Yes, I am still savoring the meal from last night at Rio Bravo. I always order the same thing at Mexican restaurants: A combination with one taco, one enchilada, rice and beans. I ate plenty of salsa and chips before our entres arrived. The food was fabulous, and I definitely hope to patronize Rio Bravo again soon.

6Happy Birthday  ZVUGKTUBM Empty Re: Happy Birthday ZVUGKTUBM 12/23/2016, 9:18 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Happy Birthday Z-man....I hope you got some good chocolate with that Mexican food.

7Happy Birthday  ZVUGKTUBM Empty Re: Happy Birthday ZVUGKTUBM 12/23/2016, 9:29 pm

Markle

Markle

Congratulations ZVUGKTUBM! I hope you had a grand day celebrating the sixty-fifth birthday! Not everyone is so fortunate.

8Happy Birthday  ZVUGKTUBM Empty Re: Happy Birthday ZVUGKTUBM 12/23/2016, 10:32 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

And thank you also to Joannie and Markle.

I did get a box of See's Candies from my kin in California. Best chocolates you will ever eat.

My daughter gave me some chocolates for my birthday, and then gave me my Christmas present, several different and strange tropical fruits. In 2015, I did an ongoing Fiverr gig for one of my repeat clients, who wanted me to write reports on 20 different tropical fruits for an ebook he was compiling. I will have to tell him I will be trying some of those in the next few days. Brooke even got me a Dragon Fruit, which comes from a type of cactus. She also gave me a star fruit, a mango, an egg fruit, and a funny looking Asian pear. She said she got them all at Apple Market.

9Happy Birthday  ZVUGKTUBM Empty Re: Happy Birthday ZVUGKTUBM 12/23/2016, 10:40 pm

2seaoat

Sixty five is fun. I will find out how good medicare is on Wed., but everybody has told me that Medicare is pretty good. We will see, but happy birthday and enjoy that Mexican food.

10Happy Birthday  ZVUGKTUBM Empty Re: Happy Birthday ZVUGKTUBM 12/23/2016, 11:17 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:And thank you also to Joannie and Markle.

I did get a box of See's Candies from my kin in California. Best chocolates you will ever eat.

My daughter gave me some chocolates for my birthday, and then gave me my Christmas present, several different and strange tropical fruits. In 2015, I did an ongoing Fiverr gig for one of my repeat clients, who wanted me to write reports on 20 different tropical fruits for an ebook he was compiling. I will have to tell him I will be trying some of those in the next few days. Brooke even got me a Dragon Fruit, which comes from a type of cactus. She also gave me a star fruit, a mango, an egg fruit, and a funny looking Asian pear. She said she got them all at Apple Market.

I love mango...but hate to peel it. Cactus Flower has a great mango they serve with shrimp...so good.

11Happy Birthday  ZVUGKTUBM Empty Re: Happy Birthday ZVUGKTUBM 12/24/2016, 2:01 am

RealLindaL

Joanimaroni wrote:

I love mango...but hate to peel it. Cactus Flower has a great mango they serve with shrimp...so good.

Cactus Flower rocks! Cal-Mex at its finest.  As for authentic Mexican, having lived on the TX-Mex border at one time I can honestly say I've never tasted anything anywhere near the "real stuff" anywhere I've lived since, and that includes Rio Bravo restaurant,  but each to his/her own!

Z-man, I'll join all the others in wishing you a happy birthday, and many happy returns!!  Sounds as if you're joining our old fogies club with a great attitude, and I wish you all the best of health and happiness going forward.  

LOVE that idea of multiple unusual fruit types for a birthday gift.  How very unique and creative!

Thanks to Telstar for remembering this date.

12Happy Birthday  ZVUGKTUBM Empty Re: Happy Birthday ZVUGKTUBM 12/24/2016, 2:06 am

Markle

Markle

Joanimaroni wrote:

I too love mango. Some people are alergic to the oils in the skin.

13Happy Birthday  ZVUGKTUBM Empty Re: Happy Birthday ZVUGKTUBM 12/24/2016, 2:10 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Thank you all!! I ate half the dragon fruit (also called a "pitaya") this morning. Different, for sure:

Happy Birthday  ZVUGKTUBM Pitaya_cross_section_ed2

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pitaya

I hope you all have a great weekend and head into the last week of the year anticipating some great bowl-games!!

14Happy Birthday  ZVUGKTUBM Empty Re: Happy Birthday ZVUGKTUBM 12/24/2016, 2:22 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

RealLindaL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Cactus Flower rocks! Cal-Mex at its finest.  As for authentic Mexican, having lived on the TX-Mex border at one time I can honestly say I've never tasted anything anywhere near the "real stuff" anywhere I've lived since, and that includes Rio Bravo restaurant,  but each to his/her own!

Z-man, I'll join all the others in wishing you a happy birthday, and many happy returns!!  Sounds as if you're joining our old fogies club with a great attitude, and I wish you all the best of health and happiness going forward.  

LOVE that idea of multiple unusual fruit types for a birthday gift.  How very unique and creative!

Well.... I don't care for Tex-Mex style (including Cactus Flower), and like the style served at Rio Bravo. Razz Razz

Thanks for the birthday wishes, Linda; I intend to wear the "old-fogy" label with pride!

Except, I am not going to watch Lawrence Welk re-runs, because I still like rock and roll! As my maternal grandparents aged back in the 60s, they got stuck on Lawrence Welk......
Razz

15Happy Birthday  ZVUGKTUBM Empty Re: Happy Birthday ZVUGKTUBM 12/24/2016, 3:17 pm

Vikingwoman

Happy Birthday Z!

16Happy Birthday  ZVUGKTUBM Empty Re: Happy Birthday ZVUGKTUBM 12/24/2016, 5:00 pm

Telstar

Telstar

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Well.... I don't care for Tex-Mex style (including Cactus Flower), and like the style served at Rio Bravo. Razz Razz

Thanks for the birthday wishes, Linda; I intend to wear the "old-fogy" label with pride!

Except, I am not going to watch Lawrence Welk re-runs, because I still like rock and roll! As my maternal grandparents aged back in the 60s, they got stuck on Lawrence Welk......
Razz

Say what??!!!   bounce    bounce   bounce   bounce    bounce

17Happy Birthday  ZVUGKTUBM Empty Re: Happy Birthday ZVUGKTUBM 12/24/2016, 6:00 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Telstar wrote:Say what??!!!   bounce    bounce   bounce   bounce    bounce

Now, that was great, Telstar; except the video did not show all of the geezers dancing in front of the orchestra, like the cameras did at the show's opener and in closing....

My mom's parents retired in the mid-50s, and migrated from their home in Wisconsin to San Clemente, California, where they lived until my grandmother died in 1976. My family vacationed there many years during the summer, when my grandparents would travel back to summer with family they left behind in WI. San Clemente was a small beach town in Southern Orange County, that became much more cosmopolitan by the 1970s, as the county grew.

Lawrence Welk had a restaurant down towards San Diego, and I remember them taking me there during the early 70s once.

18Happy Birthday  ZVUGKTUBM Empty Re: Happy Birthday ZVUGKTUBM 12/24/2016, 6:39 pm

2seaoat

Cactus Flower rocks!

The one in Navarre has authentic Mexican soups. Lots of knock offs, but they know how to do it right.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum