Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NOT POLITICAL! Just curious. Driverless cars, when do you think they will become the majority of cars on the highway.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Markle

Markle

Driverless cars are fast becoming a reality.

When do you think they will become the majority of cars on the highway.  I imagine inside the big cities first.  I would guess traffic could flow smoother reducing accidents.

What about you personally?  Say on a highway at 70 mph, would you feel more comfortable approaching a tractor-trailer with a human driver or a driverless tractor-trailer?

They don't bother me one way or the other, some drivers are bothered and others behave badly.  They do bother me if I'm on my bike.  They stir up some vicious wind currents.

Last edited by Markle on 12/23/2016, 6:35 am; edited 1 time in total

Telstar

Telstar

Anyone's guess. How long did it take the horseless carriage to replace the horse and buggy? Will driverless cars become a mandate at some future date? Could be, how long,  who knows.  Neutral

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I would guess that by 2050, most cars on the road will be driverless cars. They will also be predominantly electric or hybrid-electric by then as well. Two things will drive the latter. Whether we believe in man-made climate change or not, the movement behind climate change will influence this, and also the price of oil. The oil price is never predictable, but could swing very high, especially if Saudi Arabia dries-up as a provider by then. Just the psychology of that notion will push the price skyward.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Telstar

Telstar

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I would guess that by 2050, most cars on the road will be driverless cars. They will also be predominantly electric or hybrid-electric by then as well. Two things will drive the latter. Whether we believe in man-made climate change or not, the movement behind climate change will influence this, and also the price of oil. The oil price is never predictable, but could swing very high, especially if Saudi Arabia dries-up as a provider by then. Just the psychology of that notion will push the price skyward.

2050 perhaps, if this is not a peopleless world by then.  Crying or Very sad

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum