Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The GOP unveils a 'permanent save' for Social Security -- with massive benefit cuts

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

dumpcare

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/personalfinance/the-gop-unveils-a-permanent-save-for-social-security-with-massive-benefit-cuts/ar-AAlness?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=U348DHP

Amid all the hand-wringing over Republican plans to eviscerate Medicare and Medicaid and repeal the Affordable Care Act, it shouldn't be overlooked that the GOP has the knives out for Social Security too.

The latest reminder comes from Rep. Sam Johnson, R-Tex., chairman of the Ways and Means Social Security subcommittee. Johnson on Thursday uncorked what he termed a "plan to permanently save Social Security."

Followers of GOP habits won't be surprised to learn that it achieves this goal entirely through benefit cuts, without a dime of new revenues such as higher payroll taxes on the wealthy. In fact, Johnson's plan reduces the resources coming into the program by eliminating a key tax -another way that he absolves richer Americans of paying their fair share, while increasing the burdens of retirement for almost everyone else...............................

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Why would anyone believe Trump's "promise" to save SS? He's lied throughout his campaign.

Sal

Sal

It's critical to understand the full context here.

The oligarchs view lengthening retirement lifespans supported by government assistance as nothing but a drain on their profits.

The elderly are economically obsolete.

The elderly are creating a need for higher taxes.

The elderly are a burden to their labor (their children and grandchildren).

The need for higher taxes means they have to pay them, but also that their labor has to pay them, which means they need a higher wage rate to leave them with sufficient after-tax income to simply survive.

The elderly are nothing but a leech and a drain on society and it is in everyone's best economic interests that they die quickly.

Of course, they'd set the system up to screw the elderly more and more with deeper and deeper cuts the longer they live....after all, the whole point is to encourage the leeches to die quickly and save them the expense.

It all comes down to them thinking of human beings as commodities, not people.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Maybe they will cut Lame Dork Poster Markle's Social Security.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

They should just dissolve the thing and pay back all monies with interest. There... fixed.

Sink or swim... just like humans have done through millenia.

dumpcare

Sal wrote:It's critical to understand the full context here.

The oligarchs view lengthening retirement lifespans supported by government assistance as nothing but a drain on their profits.

The elderly are economically obsolete.

The elderly are creating a need for higher taxes.

The elderly are a burden to their labor (their children and grandchildren).

The need for higher taxes means they have to pay them, but also that their labor has to pay them, which means they need a higher wage rate to leave them with sufficient after-tax income to simply survive.

The elderly are nothing but a leech and a drain on society and it is in everyone's best economic interests that they die quickly.

Of course, they'd set the system up to screw the elderly more and more with deeper and deeper cuts the longer they live....after all, the whole point is to encourage the leeches to die quickly and save them the expense.

It all comes down to them thinking of human beings as commodities, not people.

Death panels

dumpcare

PkrBum wrote:They should just dissolve the thing and pay back all monies with interest. There... fixed.

Sink or swim... just like humans have done through millenia.

Hell I might go for that.

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Maybe they will cut Lame Dork Poster Markle's Social Security.

That wouldn't bother me economically.

To be fair...shouldn't they just return all I contributed since 1961 plus an applicable amount of interest in one lump sum.

However, as you know, there will not be cuts for current Social Security recipients. We do need to reevaluate all disability recipients.

Markle

Markle

ppaca wrote:http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/personalfinance/the-gop-unveils-a-permanent-save-for-social-security-with-massive-benefit-cuts/ar-AAlness?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=U348DHP

Amid all the hand-wringing over Republican plans to eviscerate Medicare and Medicaid and repeal the Affordable Care Act, it shouldn't be overlooked that the GOP has the knives out for Social Security too.

The latest reminder comes from Rep. Sam Johnson, R-Tex., chairman of the Ways and Means Social Security subcommittee. Johnson on Thursday uncorked what he termed a "plan to permanently save Social Security."

Followers of GOP habits won't be surprised to learn that it achieves this goal entirely through benefit cuts, without a dime of new revenues such as higher payroll taxes on the wealthy. In fact, Johnson's plan reduces the resources coming into the program by eliminating a key tax -another way that he absolves richer Americans of paying their fair share, while increasing the burdens of retirement for almost everyone else...............................

I skimmed the article and nowhere did I see where there was a MAJOR CUT anywhere for current recipients. IF there is, and I missed it, please copy and paste it for my benefit.

I take it you would support higher benefits for the "rich" you intend to punish more because they are successful. Right?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum