Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Petition: National Popular Vote

+5
Joanimaroni
Sal
gatorfan
boards of FL
Floridatexan
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Petition:  National Popular Vote Empty Petition: National Popular Vote 11/15/2016, 12:59 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.nationalpopularvote.com/

Lol... why bother having elections. Eh comrade?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:Lol... why bother having elections. Eh comrade?

KMA, fascist.

boards of FL

boards of FL

I'm interested in hearing your rationale for why the person who earns the most votes should not win the election.

Watch, everyone. He's going to be at a loss for words.

boards of FL wrote:

I'm interested in hearing your rationale for why the person who earns the most votes should not win the election.

Watch, everyone.  He's going to be at a loss for words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXnjGD7j2B0

Mob rule eh?  Of course, you won't like what would have happened in 2004 with California when Bush ran against Kerry...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6s7jB6-GoU

Try amending the Constitution. That's how our nation's laws can be altered.

Pure democracy does not work. It implodes, much like your board now.

Last edited by Tellthetruth on 11/15/2016, 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Floridatexan wrote:

KMA, fascist.

So triggered...

boards of FL

boards of FL

Tellthetruth wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Mob rule eh?  Of course, you won't like what would have happened in 2004 with California when Bush ran against Kerry...

Determining the winner of an election by the person who earns the most votes can't simply be written off by saying "mob rule".   We elect senators by the person who earns the most votes.  We elect representatives to the house by the person who earns the most votes.   Speaking of the senate, Tellthetruth, you realize that each states gets two senators regardless of population, right?  So California's 30 million plus voters get just as much representation in the senate as Wyoming's less than 1 million voters.  So we can't really say that the California's and New York's would run wild in mob rule fashion if only we were to count each and every vote fairly and equally in a presidential election.  The senate provides a check and balance that nullifies this "mob rule" argument.  

Hell, in almost every scenario I have ever been involved in, any time someone says "Let's vote on it", they're generally saying "Let's all submit our votes and whatever outcome earns the most is what we will go with."

And doing away with the electoral college wouldn't mean that we would become a pure democracy.  Poland, France, these are republics that directly elect their presidents.  There are well over 100 republics on the planet with the vast majority of them directly electing their leaders.

Is that it?  No one can offer of any rational reason as to why the person who earns the most votes should not win the election?

Look, everyone.  Words are failing Pkrdumb again.  He still isn't capable of finding the words to simply explain his own subjective political beliefs.  Who would have guessed?

Tellthetruth wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Don't bother. The twerp only wants what's politically advantageous at the moment. Given the opposite scenario and he'd be whining to change that. Zero ethics... zero character... zero sense of fair play. A waste of time.

boards of FL

boards of FL

boards of FL wrote:Is that it?  No one can offer of any rational reason as to why the person who earns the most votes should not win the election?

Look, everyone.  Words are failing Pkrdumb again.  He still isn't capable of finding the words to simply explain his own subjective political beliefs.  Who would have guessed?

PkrBum wrote:Don't bother. The twerp only wants what's politically advantageous at the moment. Given the opposite scenario and he'd be whining to change that. Zero ethics... zero character... zero sense of fair play. A waste of time.

Look, everyone.  He's living up to his village idiot status.  He can't find any words to participate in the thread substantively.  None.

Petition:  National Popular Vote Joe-Biden-Laughing-Shaking-his-Head

gatorfan

boards of FL wrote:
Tellthetruth wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Determining the winner of an election by the person who earns the most votes can't simply be written off by saying "mob rule".   We elect senators by the person who earns the most votes.  We elect representatives to the house by the person who earns the most votes.   Speaking of the senate, Tellthetruth, you realize that each states gets two senators regardless of population, right?  So California's 30 million plus voters get just as much representation in the senate as Wyoming's less than 1 million voters.  So we can't really say that the California's and New York's would run wild in mob rule fashion if only we were to count each and every vote fairly and equally in a presidential election.  The senate provides a check and balance that nullifies this "mob rule" argument.  

Hell, in almost every scenario I have ever been involved in, any time someone says "Let's vote on it", they're generally saying "Let's all submit our votes and whatever outcome earns the most is what we will go with."

And doing away with the electoral college wouldn't mean that we would become a pure democracy.  Poland, France, these are republics that directly elect their presidents.  There are well over 100 republics on the planet with the vast majority of them directly electing their leaders.

Is that it?  No one can offer of any rational reason as to why the person who earns the most votes should not win the election?

As we've seen on this very Forum you can't even follow the "most popular votes" argument yourself - when YOU asked for the vote. Don't bother with your conspiracy theory for dismissing the results, any member can log in and participate whether frequently or not. Right? RIGHT??? LOL

The only way to change the Electoral System is by Constitutional Amendment. Should it be changed? Tough question, there are plus arguments on both sides of the issue along with negatives but in the age of automation it should easier since one of the reasons it exists is to avoid a National recount. Of course that would mean automating EVERY single voting station with compatible machines and software. That's not going to happen any time soon.

boards of FL

boards of FL

gatorfan wrote:Don't bother with your conspiracy theory for dismissing the results, any member can log in and participate whether frequently or not. Right? RIGHT??? LOL

Wrong. And I can't say that I'm surprised that you still can't wrap your head around the spirit of the vote, Captain Hambone.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:
Tellthetruth wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Don't bother. The twerp only wants what's politically advantageous at the moment. Given the opposite scenario and he'd be whining to change that. Zero ethics... zero character... zero sense of fair play. A waste of time.

Great character description. Fits you to a T.

gatorfan

boards of FL wrote:
gatorfan wrote:Don't bother with your conspiracy theory for dismissing the results, any member can log in and participate whether frequently or not. Right? RIGHT??? LOL

Wrong.  And I can't say that I'm surprised that you still can't wrap your head around the spirit of the vote, Captain Hambone.

You're weak Liar Boy. Get over it and embrace that simple fact.

boards of FL

boards of FL

gatorfan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Wrong.  And I can't say that I'm surprised that you still can't wrap your head around the spirit of the vote, Captain Hambone.

You're several posts in and this is your contribution to this thread, in so many words: "Should we get rid of the electoral college? I don't know. Some say we should. Some say we shouldn't. It's really hard to tell, perhaps unlikely."

Thanks again, Hambone. You really move the discussion forward. Cough no you don't cough.

Sal

Sal

gatorfan wrote:
As we've seen on this very Forum you can't even follow the "most popular votes" argument yourself - when YOU asked for the vote.

Is PkrBum outsourcing his butthurt now?

gatorfan

boards of FL wrote:
gatorfan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

You're several posts in and this is your contribution to this thread, in so many words:  "Should we get rid of the electoral college?  I don't know.  Some say we should.  Some say we shouldn't.  It's really hard to tell, perhaps unlikely."

Thanks again, Hambone.  You really move the discussion forward.  Cough no you don't cough.

You are obviously incapable of honesty Cherry Picker.

"The only way to change the Electoral System is by Constitutional Amendment. Should it be changed? Tough question, there are plus arguments on both sides of the issue along with negatives but in the age of automation it should easier since one of the reasons it exists is to avoid a National recount. Of course that would mean automating EVERY single voting station with compatible machines and software. That's not going to happen any time soon."

I also realize you can't understand anything more than 5 words in length but there you have it folks, the infantile moderator drops in, spews a little BoFShit and departs. While contributing nothing but idiotic questions. What a Jabroni.

Petition:  National Popular Vote 2Q==

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:

Watch, everyone. He's going to be at a loss for words.

I realize you MUST be trying to be sarcastic. No one could be so ignorant as to seriously ask that question.

America fully realizes that Progressives consider their ideas and beliefs to be the only valid ones in the world. Unfortunately for them, there are another FORTY STATES in the country.

Progressives demand that we limit voting to the blue areas on this map.

Petition:  National Popular Vote Counties%20voting%20for%20Trump_zpsqtgegkfc

Keep in mind how Progressives have howled in anger and labled Republican victories are due to gerrymandering when they demand it be done on a nationwide basis!

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

I realize you MUST be trying to be sarcastic.  No one could be so ignorant as to seriously ask that question.

America fully realizes that Progressives consider their ideas and beliefs to be the only valid ones in the world.  Unfortunately for them, there are another FORTY STATES in the country.

Progressives demand that we limit voting to the blue areas on this map.

Petition:  National Popular Vote Counties%20voting%20for%20Trump_zpsqtgegkfc

Keep in mind how Progressives have howled in anger and labled Republican victories are due to gerrymandering when they demand it be done on a nationwide basis!

I never put forth the idea that only blue areas of that map should be allowed to vote. Let me dumb this down for you a bit, Ole Man Markle. I think we should count the votes of that entire map equally. Now, are you able to provide any rational argument for why we shouldn't count the votes of that entire map equally? No one else has been able to provide one as of yet. Perhaps you can.

Wait, uh...wait. Where is he going?

Petition:  National Popular Vote Osghxszplzt_xaqttdx3scvq83s

boards of FL

boards of FL

So that's it? Not one republican is able to make any arguments in support of the electoral college?

Add another one to the pile.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

If Hillary won the electoral vote and lost the popular vote would we be having this discussion?

Telstar

Telstar

Joanimaroni wrote:If Hillary won the electoral vote and lost the popular vote would we be having this discussion?

Yes except one of your BFF's Markle or pissy dawg would have created it.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Joanimaroni wrote:If Hillary won the electoral vote and lost the popular vote would we be having this discussion?

Yes. I also had this very conversation several times over the years in the absence of a general election result. I've even posted statistical analysis comparing each state's population with its number of electoral votes in order to determine how much a vote in each state counts several times going back as far as to the PNJ forum.

And I'm bringing it up again now because it is relevant to current events.

Telstar

Telstar

boards of FL wrote:

Yes.  I also had this very conversation several times over the years in the absence of a general election result.  I've even posted statistical analysis comparing each state's population with its number of electoral votes in order to determine how much a vote in each state counts several times going back as far as to the PNJ forum.

But Boards how can you expect Trump to be removed from the White House when you seem powerless to remove a biased, vindictive moderator from her position of power on your own forum? Embarassed

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:

Yes.  I also had this very conversation several times over the years in the absence of a general election result.  I've even posted statistical analysis comparing each state's population with its number of electoral votes in order to determine how much a vote in each state counts several times going back as far as to the PNJ forum.

Trump won well over the needed electoral votes.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Trump won well over the needed electoral votes.

Yes. But the question at hand is why shouldn't the person who earns the most actual votes win the election? Do you have any rational argument for that?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum