Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Old Movie Amistad and a new book Hidden Figures

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sad to say it took me 20 years to see this movie.  I'm guessing my children's age at the time kept us from seeing it at the theater and then it lost out in the choices when we'd go to Blockbuster.  So, the hubster was home from work yesterday and we watched it.  What an excellent movie.  Even with the  racist ignorance of people and power plays by politicians, in the end an eloquent delivery of truth from John Quincy Adams that spoke of freedom for a group of black men who were not slaves led to their freedom.  I told my adult "kids" to watch it and apologized that we did not see it together as a family back in the day.  

Started reading Hidden Figures.  The movie will be out in January.  Totally captivated by this authors way with words and the story of the young black women who were computers for NASA.  A story I've never heard in my years of living in  Florida nor in my time living near Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville.  I'm glad this story is being told. So much history we do not know and share - the kind of history that inspires.  We need inspiration.

Last edited by SheWrites on 10/16/2016, 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total

Telstar

Telstar

SheWrites wrote:Sad to say it took me 20 years to see this movie.  I'm guessing my children's age at the time kept us from seeing it at the theater and then it lost out in the choices when we'd go to Blockbuster.  So, the hubster was home from work yesterday and we watched it.  What an excellent movie.  Even with the  racist ignorance of people and power plays by politicians, in the end an eloquent delivery of truth from John Quincy Adams that spoke of freedom for a group of black men who were not slaves led to their freedom.  I told my adult "kids" to watch it and apologized that we did not see it together as a family back in the day.  

Started reading Hidden Figures.  The movie will be out in January.  Totally captivated by this authors way with words and the story of the young black women who were computers for NASA.  A story I've never heard in my years of living in  Florida nor in my time living near Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville.  I'm glad this story is being told. So much history we do not know and share - the kind of history that inspires.  We need inspiration.  

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum