Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

If Hillary is forced to drop out for health issues ... BERNIE becomes the democratic candidate!

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

I'm not sure of the political process here, but Bernie was the number two democratic candidate for president, and if Hillary drops out, wouldn't he automatically become the democratic candidate?

If so, I'm all for Hillary taking a nice rest!!

Sal

Sal

If Hillary were to bow out, the DNC would hold a special meeting to pick the nominee.

What are the chances that the DNC would pick Bernie?

If Hillary is forced to drop out for health issues ... BERNIE becomes the democratic candidate! Tumblr_inline_mxkijyZ9YE1qjsprk

I highly doubt that'd be the process. The dnc would most likely makes the decision behind closed doors. If you don't like that... you're either a racist, sexist, ageist, fascist, homophobe, islamaphobe, germaphobe, or frothing at the mouth insane. So shut up and vote how you're told comrade.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

PkrBum wrote:I highly doubt that'd be the process. The dnc would most likely makes the decision behind closed doors. If you don't like that... you're either a racist, sexist, ageist, fascist, homophobe, islamaphobe,  germaphobe, or frothing at the mouth insane. So shut up and vote how you're told comrade.

For crying out loud, of course there would be a meeting "behind closed doors",  oooouuuhhhh, how unusual. Get a grip, that would be the only way to do it. A plane could crash or other fatal event could take the nominee out of the race. Baring death it is up to her at this point as to whether she continues to be the nominee. Replacement of the nominee has never been necessary but here's what the situation seems to be. It is too late in the process to hold another convention etc. so...at this point I suspect Bernie might regret switching his party affiliation back to independent or unaffiliated or whatever he went back to after his run as a Democrat.

I wish that he were the nominee and not Hillary but there you have it.

Were she to decide to step down, Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders would be the likely names linked to the vacancy.

According to the rules of the Democratic Party, the national committee is responsible for filling the position. Party officials would each cast one vote at a special meeting and the winner is whoever gets the majority.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/12/what-would-happen-if-hillary-clinton-drops-out-of-us-election-ra/

Sal

Sal

I don't think Bernie would get a look.

His petulant behavior at the end of his campaign closed that window.

Kaine, Biden, and Warren would be under consideration IMO.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Sal wrote:I don't think Bernie would get a look.

His petulant behavior at the end of his campaign closed that window.

Kaine, Biden, and Warren would be under consideration IMO.

Probably you are right although it is just a heartbreaking and sickening campaign that thankfully has an end date even with unlikely recounts and court challenges, which would not surprise me at all given the circus we have had to this point.

It is a lesson in pure power politics fueled by the duel engines of corporate media power and the established political power, neither of which were the least bit concerned with the wealth gap, the rigged tax system or the middle class until Bernie started harping on those issues.  

Sal

Sal

I suspect that a Hillary Clinton presidency would be far more progressive than many expect.

She has always been interested in tackling issues effecting women and children, and that interest correlates nicely with the issues you mentioned.

I hope we get the chance to find out if my suspicion is correct.

RealLindaL

Sal wrote:I suspect that a Hillary Clinton presidency would be far more progressive than many expect.

She has always been interested in tackling issues effecting women and children, and that interest correlates nicely with the issues you mentioned.

I hope we get the chance to find out if my suspicion is correct.

I dearly hope so too, Sal.

2seaoat

Hillary will win. You see the folks sponsoring these polls happen to profit from a close race and increased viewership. The truth is 60% of Americans do not find Trump to be qualified for President. That is the whole story. A person who thinks a person is unqualified is not going to vote for that person. Hillary is going to waltz to the finish line. This is all about getting the democratic majority in this country motivated to turn out..........it is a known strategy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum