Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Local Election Results for Escambia County.....

+3
Floridatexan
2seaoat
ZVUGKTUBM
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Sherriff Morgan wins the Republican nomination.

Scott Lunsford defeats the Carpet Bagger from Santa Rosa County, Buck Lee for Tax Collector.

All ECUA incumbents are nominated over their opponents. This means the voters forgave these yahoos for their sewage tank scandal, that is ongoing.

Jeff Bergosh is nominated for District 1 Commissioner, Steven Barry (incumbent) wins nomination for District 6.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat

Did you hear anything on the Santa Rosa sheriff's race?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Thanks, Z. My ballot was puny. I had one candidate to vote for in the Senate race, and one vote for the tax avoidance for solar. That's it. I'm glad Morgan won. I would have voted for him. I'm so glad Buck Lee will fade into oblivion. Goodbye, Buck.

RealLindaL

Floridatexan wrote:Thanks, Z.  My ballot was puny.  I had one candidate to vote for in the Senate race, and one vote for the tax avoidance for solar.  That's it.  I'm glad Morgan won.  I would have voted for him.  I'm so glad Buck Lee will fade into oblivion.  Goodbye, Buck.

Curious what you have against Buck Lee. (And why does Z-man call him a Carpetbagger?) Yes, he's a politician through and through, a good ol' boy personified, but he really worked hard at the SRIA and did a lot of good for the beach, represented us well on the national stage during the oil spill, and kept this place looking great all the time. I think Paolo Ghio will do a good job, too, if he's not too afraid of rocking the boat when he needs to get tough. Time will tell.

Anyway, I guess I was a little surprised that Buck was defeated so soundly, though the endorsement from Janet Holley was doubtless a huge help to Lunsford.

I, too, am glad about Morgan.

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:Did you hear anything on the Santa Rosa sheriff's race?

Bob Johnson won handily with, IIRC, 57% of the vote. He had been heartily endorsed by outgoing Sheriff Wendell Hall.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

RealLindaL wrote:Curious what you have against Buck Lee. (And why does Z-man call him a Carpetbagger?)

Lee is a multi-county government grifter. He served on the Escambia County Commission for several years (they named the animal shelter after him). Then, he was a SR County Commissioner. Then he went to the SRIA. Then in 2014 he ran for SR County Elections Supervisor, and lost. Then in 2016 he ran for Escambia County Tax Collector (and lost). He is advanced in age and needs to just retire. Let new and younger blood bring new ideas to local government.

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Sherriff Morgan wins the Republican nomination.

Scott Lunsford defeats the Carpet Bagger from Santa Rosa County, Buck Lee for Tax Collector.

All ECUA incumbents are nominated over their opponents. This means the voters forgave these yahoos for their sewage tank scandal, that is ongoing.

Jeff Bergosh is nominated for District 1 Commissioner, Steven Barry (incumbent) wins nomination for District 6.

Interesting...was he a SR resident? Can you run for one county office and live in another? I thought you had to live in the county in which the office is held? I know he has a governmental consulting business in Gulf Breeze, but not sure if his residence is elsewhere.

RealLindaL wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Did you hear anything on the Santa Rosa sheriff's race?

Bob Johnson won handily with, IIRC, 57% of the vote. He had been heartily endorsed by outgoing Sheriff Wendell Hall.

Yep, corruption as usual in the SRSO will be continued with BJ as the head man. I heard Otis will be hired as a consultant on the taxpayer dime since BJ has really never had a lot of authority in administrative matters aside from the jail. That is from a former LEO I know.

RealLindaL

Tellthetruth wrote:

Interesting...was he a SR resident? Can you run for one county office and live in another? I thought you had to live in the county in which the office is held? I know he has a governmental consulting business in Gulf Breeze, but not sure if his residence is elsewhere.

Are we still talking about Buck Lee? Yes, he lives on Coral Strip Parkway in Gulf Breeze, homesteaded.

dumpcare

If he lives in SR county how can he run for any elected office in Escambia county?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Looks like Ronnie Mac needs to give it up. He got his clock cleaned and so did the others.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I am sad that Jim Faxlanger did not unseat Vicki Campbell for District 1 ECUA. The ECUA Sewage Tank scandal extends into her district. ECUA erected a multi-million gallon sewage storage tank 250 feet from my MIL's small townhome with no inputs from anyone in her neighborhood. I told Mr. Faxlanger to campaign in her neighborhood, and I know he did. He canvassed many neighborhoods in District 1, including my own. I did not see her face at all. I attribute his loss to voter laziness and apathy.

All ECUA reps up for reelection should have been unseated because of this scandal. Instead, all were re-nominated (Campbell was effectively re-elected, as she faces no opponent in November). The folks in Escambia County need to shut-up over the tanks issue now, as their votes basically indicate that most voters do not care about where the tanks are placed.

knothead

knothead

RealLindaL wrote:
Tellthetruth wrote:

Are we still talking about Buck Lee?  Yes, he lives on Coral Strip Parkway in Gulf Breeze, homesteaded.

About Buck . . . . I am glad Buck did not prevail in the primary.  It may sound ironic but I know him well and frankly am on a friendly basis with him.  I disagree with Linda on his job performance while serving on the SRIA.  He was fatally flawed in so many ways . . . . because of him and his management style we lost experienced and knowledgeable key employees, e.g., Debbie Norton, Sue Smith, Matt Mooneyham all who could not suffer his overbearing micromanagement style. . . .. they knew the protocols but he did not . . . . it was the SRIA's loss.  I was intimately involved with Buck on negotiations and he did everything to subvert logic because it was counter to his sense of power regardless of the facts.  I have empathy for him as I recognize he is the poster child for one who lived decades on the government teat.  He played the system to the hilt in every way . . . . e.g., yellow flag warnings on a weekend Buck comes out to "check/assess" the situation but logs eight hours comp time . . . . week in and week out . . . . a smart, wily, politically savvy GOB who rode the wave of name recognition till the end . . . I know.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

knothead wrote: . . . a smart, wily, politically savvy GOB who rode the wave of name recognition till the end . . . I know.

Your insight is interesting, Knothead. I figured as much about Lee and voted against him succinctly when I filled out my mail-ballot a few weeks ago.

2seaoat

Wow.....did you nail his run on PB. I do not have anywhere near your knowledge of the man, but over ten years of seeing his arrogance in the PNJ, I think folks had him figured out.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://pbrla.blogspot.com/2006/12/winds-of-change-on-pensacola-beach.html

[...]

Future Storm Warning

"The first test for the new commissioners is likely to come soon after the New Year when SRIA general manager Buck Lee's contract comes up for renewal. Lee is unpopular with long-time SRIA staff members, beach businesses, and residents. Many have questioned his spending priorities, beginning with his ostentatious leasing of a bright yellow Hummer early in his tenure as the agency's top executive.

The Hummer is gone, now, but not the grandiose impulse that inspired Lee to lease it. Many say he has done nothing since to show he knows or cares how to efficiently administer the $6 million agency in the public's interest.

Buck Lee is at bottom just an under-educated county politician with no real expertise in anything related to municipal administration, finance and budgeting, tourist promotion and marketing, building standards enforcement, environmental protection, or anything else relevant to Pensacola Beach. What skills he has are limited to preserving his own job, even if that means betraying the board to whom he supposedly answers and the agency that he heads.

Ordinarily, the learning curve for new board members is six months or longer. New board members don't have the luxury of that much time. They're stepping into the middle of a windstorm over the future of Pensacola Beach. And they can't trust SRIA general manager Buck Lee to give them a fair and balanced orientation.

They'll have to act quickly, and rely on truly independent resources, to learn the complex history, past policy choices, and alternative future directions facing the Santa Rosa Island Authority. They can turn to no better resource for that than local attorney M.J. Menge, who has lived through and worked on almost every major issue involving Pensacola Beach in the past nearly four decades..."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum