Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hillary told a great story in Pa on the campaign trail

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

She talked about working in her father's drapery shop silk screening the drapes. She was very descriptive and told a great story as a girl helping her dad, mom, and brothers. She never had a silver spoon and you begin to get insight about her drive when you understand her mother's story. Her bus tour in the rust belt is going to be a hit. The cartoon created by those frightened of her is becoming more grotesque with time. One of the owners of companies I had dinner with said very bluntly to me......Seaoat.....you are supporting someone who is going to hurt me by raising my taxes........hmmmmm you mean the condo in Marco Island which was three million and John Boener is your neighbor, or the five corvettes you restored with your private lift in your factory, I guess when you are making a million a year.......paying another thirty five thousand in taxes will take one of your country club memberships away......it is time.......yea some people are not going to be happy returning tax rates to where they were......but America and the middle class will be healthier.

RealLindaL

As an Independent I'd always called myself economically conservative and socially liberal, always a believer in our capitalist system, free enterprise (with reasonable consumer protections, of course), and the right of the wealthy person to enjoy the fruits of his/her hard work and accomplishment.

And while those values haven't really changed, what has changed is my realization that-- guess what? -- the system is no longer working properly when there is such a HUGE divide between the haves and the have-nots in this country, and that, contrary to some conservative thought, this is no longer simply a case of the have-nots being lazy or unaccomplished or "on the dole."   There is just far too great a disparity and too many hard working, industrious individuals are being left out of the prosperity those very same people would've enjoyed in decades past.

Something has to give, even though the phrase "redistribution of wealth" is such anathema.  Call it something else if you will, but we need to get over it!   It seems to me that if a Clinton administration can actually create good-paying jobs and a better educated populace by taking just a little more in taxes from the small percentage of people who can surely afford it -- even though they may've understandably been "spoiled" by current tax rates and will still kick and scream to some extent -- that this is about as close to a perfect solution as there is, or at least that I can think of.

THINGS CANNOT GO ON THE WAY THEY ARE.  It's just NOT going to work, and that's why we're seeing these Trump and Sanders "revolutions" of the middle class and the young -- they're witnessing the death of the American Dream and desperately looking for a way to resurrect it.

I think Hillary has the best, most moderate, workable solution.   If anyone else actually has a viable and SPECIFIC alternative plan, let's hear it.  So far I've seen nothing coming from the right but more of the status quo.

All that said, sadly, Hillary's plan is largely Obama's plan, too -- and he was never going to get it done with a Republican Congress determined to make him a one term president.  I fear, if she wins, she'll face the same uphill battle until and if there's either a sweeping change in the party makeup of Congress, or at minimum a sea change in the way Republicans and conservatives view tax increases at the very top of the heap.  I'm not holding my breath.

RealLindaL

I guess I just wonder if anybody else has any thoughts on this concept, other than simply dismissing it out of hand by calling it "wealth redistribution" or "tax and spend."

Why would you believe anything she says at face value?

2seaoat

Why would you believe anything she says at face value?

Because she has a proven track record of public service helping people, and especially women and children. It is just that simple........some people do......some people talk.

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:Why would you believe anything she says at face value?

Because she has a proven track record of public service helping people, and especially women and children.  It is just that simple........some people do......some people talk.

Sea's right, Pkr.  But for me --  not necessarily in this order -- it's not only the qualities Sea cites, but also that (1) I think she grasps the import of being the first woman and will be that much more determined to actually help set the nation on a different and better course as she intends; i.e., to keep her promises, and (2) even though I've had my doubts about Hillary's truthfulness from time to time in the past, there is NO COMPARISON between her and Mr. Daily Mendacious Trump when it comes to that attribute, and (3) I can't live my life getting up in the morning and not being able to believe that we can make things better for more people in this country, get the economy smokin' and make it a better place for all of us, our children and grandchildren -- and right now Hillary Clinton's clearly the best shot we've got at doing just that.

I have heard absolutely nothing from Trump to convince me otherwise -- nothing but "believe me" and "trust me."    Trust him to do what, exactly???  He doesn't have the beginning of a clue or a solid, workable plan.    He only talks darkly about tearing down, not building up (except maybe for a fantasy wall financed by Mexico and some vague infrastructure that he hasn't shown how he's going to pay for).    

And if you still feel Hillary is dishonest, well, I just have to say Trump has proven over and over in his dealings over the years -- and even just in the months of this campaign -- that he wouldn't know honesty and integrity if they hit him in the face.  Ethical?  I seriously doubt it.  He's only in it to WIN, and for the adulation the seat of power will bring him.    

Hope this helps, Pkr, or at least answers your question, whether or not you agree in the slightest with our responses.

Markle

Markle

There is no importance being the first woman...other than being the first woman. Beyond that, if it means anything to anyone, they are ignorant voters.

Lame Duck President Barack Hussein Obama won because he is half black. Early on in his life, he chose to deny his white heritage and identify only as black.

Given the mess we are in here and around the world, we know how poorly it worked out to vote so you FEEL GOOD.

Hillary to a great story...one of which has been proven to be a flat-out lie.

EVERYONE already knows Hillary Clinton is a GREAT, IF NOT HISTORIC STORY TELLER.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:Lame Duck President Barack Hussein Obama won because he is half black.

Lame Dork poster Markle opens himself up to criticism with the race card....

I bet Markle is a closet racist who deep down inside does not respect anyone unless they are of European descent. Do you recognize any of your friends in this photo?

Hillary told a great story in Pa on the campaign trail Ku-klux-klan

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Oh... the race card again.

Yaaaaawn

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Why would you believe anything she says at face value?

Because she has a proven track record of public service helping people, and especially women and children.  It is just that simple........some people do......some people talk.

Cute try.

Hillary Clinton has only a track record of lying, deception and incompetence.

I do agree that "TELLING A STORY" is one of her assets. Although, I have no clue how that helps one be a better executive or president.

2seaoat

Boyz......get over it........women can be qualified, just like a black man can play QB and run the country. I wish you both could get over the woman thing. They really are not that scary.......the American taliban........still trying to put women in their place.

RealLindaL

Markle wrote:There is no importance being the first woman...other than being the first woman.  Beyond that, if it means anything to anyone, they are ignorant voters.

You couldn't be more wrong-headed here, as I've not suggested for a minute that anyone should base their VOTE on her sex.   What I'm saying is that, just as in any other "first" situation, she will, if she becomes the president, be judged more closely, constantly examined under the microscope of those who would love to say, "See?  A woman just can't cut it," and who will look for every excuse to justify their position.  It's an ugly part of reality but it's there, and she will be acutely aware of it as she's been her entire career.

Conversely, a stellar performance will help smooth the way for other competent women going forward -- and not just in politics. It's a heavy responsibility and, again, she will doubtless have this in mind and want even more to do an outstanding job for the country.

Last edited by RealLindaL on 8/1/2016, 10:35 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added last paragraph on the positive side)

RealLindaL

So anyway, in an earlier post on this thread I presented one of Hillary's stated plans and asked for opinions on it, and mentioned I hadn't heard any similar specifics from the Trump side.

All I got in return was a couple of you dumping on Hillary.  Way to go, guys.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum